memory ix

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

She couldn't believe her ears... No, that's not it. 

She couldn't believe her eyes.

Feeling that school has been a little stressful on her lately, with all the assignments creeping up on her already high enough tower, Lynn decided to go on her Facebook account to see what's new. Sometimes there are amusing posts from her 'friends' on the site and they immediately calm her down through laughter. But what Lynn didn't know was the exciting news that awaited her. On the site was something that would shatter her into pieces.

Tiffany Hwang went from being "single" to "in a relationship" - With Kris Wu

At first, Lynn thought she heard wrong. But now that she saw it on the web, she knew it wasn't a lie.

The people around Lynn were happily chit-chatting and she so happened to have eavesdropped on their conversation. They were all standing in line outside their school's cafeteria survey, waiting for the lunch lady to open the door for the next four or five people in line to go in. Lynn was starving and forgot to pack a lunch in the morning, so she had no choice but to buy food from the school. Although a small portion of fried rice cost three-fifty ($3.50), it was inevitable. While standing in line, with about seven people ahead of her, she couldn't help but overhear some of her classmates' loud talk.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe our Tiffany is finally in a relationship! Those two make such a perfect couple!" The brown-ish blonde girl by the name of Jessica, or Sica, as her close friends call her, said in glee.

Lynn looked in front of her to see two of her classmates with smiles on their faces. She knew who Tiffany was and she even admitted Tiffany was pretty. She wasn't very close with Tiffany and her eight other friends, but they were close enough to not feel awkward around each other.

"I know. I can't believe it either. Kris better treat our Tiffany right or else I would never let him off the hook!" Jessica's friend, Taeyeon, chimed. 

There were many Kris/Chris in a school that had an estimated 1400 students. Never would Lynn have assumed it was her Kris. The young girl was a little curious on which lucky guy is dating such a pretty girl. When Lynn was about to tap on Taeyeon's back to ask a question regarding Tiffany's new-found relationship, Kai decided to scare her, his best friend.

"YAH, KAI!" She screamed, holding onto her chest with both hands, gasping for air. "Stop scaring me by popping out of nowhere!" she lightly hit him on the arms, causing Kai to chortle.

"Hey," He took one step away from Lynn, not wanting her to abuse any more of his mouth-watering body. She could have cared less and continued whacking him on the arm. "Stop it, Lynn."

And that's what she did.

"Chanyeol was wondering why it took you so long. He thought you might have gotten lost. That guy is a retard. Our school is so small that everyone practically knows each other." Kai started his rant, but it was slowly intervened when Jessica and Taeyeon spoke up.

"Hi Kai. Hi Lynn. I didn't know you were standing behind us. You look... different." Jessica tilted her head at an angle, slowly taking in all of Lynn's features. 

Lynn didn't know whether to be happy or upset that Jessica might have complimented or insulted her on the spot. "Oh silly me! I didn't mean that in a bad way. You look prettier different!" The young girl chuckled at Jessica's cuteness.

"Ah, that's right! Have you guys heard about Tiffany and Kris? They're finally dating and it was Kris who asked Tiffany out!" Jessica and Taeyeon spread the news to the oblivious Lynn and Kai. The two best friends jumped up and down, not caring about the many pairs of eyes that were eyeing them from the hallway (they were mostly boys). 

"Kris is dating?" That was the only thing that came out of Kai's mouth. He had heard from one of Kris' friend, Luhan, that Kris was finally in a relationship and apparently Tiffany was his first girlfriend. And now Kai had confirmed the news about Kris no longer being a single man. 

Kai glanced at Lynn to see what her reaction would be. Would she be frowning? Disappointed? Angered? Shocked? But what he didn't expect was a smile to form on her lips. It was ironic in Kai's opinion.

"Ah that's great. Kris is lucky to have gotten such a pretty girlfriend. I mean, if I was a guy, I would want Tiffany to be my girlfriend, which because as you can see, I'm not a guy." Lynn attempted at a joke, failing to realize that Kai was still standing beside her.

"NEXT!" The lunch lady from the survey hollered at the next five people in line. Time sure passed by in a blink of an eye. Earlier, four students went in to select a food of their choice, paid for it, and walked out the room. Now, it was Lynn's turn and she was second in line, right after Taeyeon and Jessica.

"I guess we can talk another time. I'll be sure to tell Tiffany you said hi!" waved Jessica before bouncing into the survey.

As Kai and Lynn headed into the survey as well, coming across both heavenly delicious-looking and disgusting-looking food, Kai would check up on Lynn to see if she really meant what she said. "Look, I know you two had a thing. Are you really over it? Be honest with me." he whispered into her ears, ducking his head low since she was at least twenty centimeters shorter than him. If people didn't know about them being best friends, they would have assumed the two were together.

"I'm fine."

"Lynn..."

"Kai, I know you're only looking out for me. But when I say I'm fine then I am fine. Now let's see what's on today's menu. I'm starving!" She then dragged him by the arm, towards the counter where there were a few dishes to choose from. Another lunch lady was standing behind the survey, ready to take on their order.

"Should I get the spaghetti or the pasta?" Lynn asked Kai, frowning at the two options in front of her.

"They're both pasta." 

"But both of them look so yummy." One thing about Lynn is that she is really indecisive and Kai is fully aware of that. So instead of waiting for his best friend to choose either or, he chose what she should eat for the day. 

"Here, take this." Kai stretched out his arm to grab a small cup of fried rice and some poutine after ordering then placed the poutine in Lynn's right hand.

"But-"

"I'll pay. Now let's go before lunch is over." he grabbed her by the left wrist and pulled her to the cashier. The lunch lady from behind the counter smiled at the two of them with the assumption that Kai and Lynn were a couple. 

After purchasing their food, the duo went back to their regular lunch hang out. Chanyeol saw Kai's skin ship with Lynn and he grew furious not because he was jealous, but because he knew his friend loved being intimate with girls. "YAH KKAMJONG, LET GO OF MY BEST FRIEND THIS INSTANT!" 

Kai didn't listen. Instead, he grabbed Lynn by the shoulder and pulled her in. His actions caused an uproar between him and his friend. "What? I'm not allowed holding onto my lover?"

Chanyeol was about to retort back when Lynn spoke up. "Awe thanks for buying this for me. You're the best boy friend any girl can have!" This definitely irked Chanyeol and threw him off the edge.

"BOYFRIEND? WHAT?" He was furious indeed. Lynn was special to Chanyeol and he felt the need to protect her. She was like his younger sister and anyone that comes close to her (minus Chanyeol and the boys, with the exception of Kai in their group) would have to be approved by him first. 

"Yeah. Didn't you know? She is my lover." Kai caught onto the wink that Lynn sent him while she held onto her poutine. So following her hint, he played along to see when Chanyeol will explode. 

"What, Lynnie! You never told me you got over him! Even if you are dating, I should be the first one to know yet you didn't tell me anything!" The big guy pouted, whining endlessly to his best friend.

Even though she was playing around, her mind consciously went back to Jessica and Taeyeon's conversation from before. She frowned upon thinking that. She wished she could control her thoughts but in the end, there was nothing she could do. The fact that Kris and Tiffany is now a couple is bothering her to no ends and it is something she should be happy about. But she isn't.

Chanyeol saw Lynn's frown and thought she was feeling a little guilty about not reporting her love life to her best friend. But he didn't know what the real reason behind that frown was. "You're guilty now, aren't you?"

Kai glanced down at the girl beside him, noticing two things at once. He gently let go of her wrist. "You're not fine." Lynn looked up from the floor that she unconsciously faced. 

"I told you, I'm fine." Kai sighed, knowing well that Lynn can be stubborn.

Chanyeol looked slightly confused, glancing back and forth between the two. "What's going on?" He looked at Kai and asked. Lynn was occupied with her own thoughts to have heard the next thing that came out of Kai's mouth.

"Long story short. Freaking jackass is dating Tiffany Hwang." 

So it's true. He really did move on. He's really dating Tiffany Hwang, the pretty girl from our grade.

Lynn wasn't friends with Kris on Facebook, but she was friends with Tiffany on the social network. Clicking onto the full profile of Tiffany Hwang, she could see that their relationship status was not a prank or anything. On Tiffany's wall was a picture of her and Kris that was taken recently. A small smile was formed on his luscious lips and he was hugging Tiffany by the waist. It showed them at one of the many female stores that sold pretty clothes. They were standing in front of a mirror with Kris giving Tiffany a back hug. His arm was wrapped around her waist and his head leaned on her shoulder. A bright smile was plastered on their faces. 

"They look so happy." The young girl couldn't deny it. Pictures don't tell lies. 

He really did move on. He's happy.

Without me.