memory xxiii

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

That very Monday, Kai and Lynn arrived at school together. Amber, Chanyeol, and Tao were crowding around Lynn's locker, waiting for their favourite girl to show up in school. They couldn't wait to hear everything from Lynn, thanks to the little birdie that chirped here and there (hint: this little birdie is a female). Tao was eager to find out everything and wouldn't stop annoying his favourite cousin day and night.

"So..." The three teased when Kai and Lynn stopped in front of them. Kai let her Jansport bag slip off his shoulder and gave it to her. Lynn ignored the three of their teasing and took all her belongings, and then shut her locker. Those letters no longer appeared in her locker as she stored the remaining letters at home, in her drawer. The reason those letters were no longer left in her locker was because she had finally found who her secret admirer was.

Kim Jong In. Her best friend (Chanyeol will always be first on her list regardless) and her – well, I'll leave that until later.

"So..." Amber urged on, nudging Lynn on the shoulders. "What happened to you two?" She sing-songed, being the noisy person she always was.

Kai and Lynn glanced at each other before diverting their eyes back at the three of their friends. Shrugging their shoulders, the duo made a one-eighty degree turn on their heels and marched off. Amber pouted, leaving Chanyeol and Tao to chuckle and make fun of her appearance. Amber Josephine Liu does not easily pout, that's for sure; hence seeing her lips protruding outwards is a rare sight to see.

The three scrambled their way until they caught up with Lynn and Kai. "You guys walk too fast. This makes no sense since we're taller than you guys!" Chanyeol faked a huff and a puff, as if his exhaling could potentially blow their house down. 

Kai pondered, aloud, why he hung out with Park Chanyeol and got whacked in the head by the latter. "You do not speak to me like that, got it?" 

Lynn smiled at the sight. Everything was back to normal... Well, it was always normal. "Yah Park Chanyeol, stop abusing Kai." She defended her poor best friend. "I need him in my life."

Amber nudged the girl on the waist, her eyes already interrogating Lynn about her choice of words. Tao felt a little left out and invited himself to join the party. He didn't want to be a bad friend and hit Kai, therefore, unlike Chanyeol Tao chose to interrogate his lovely cousin. 

"So... tell me what happened." Amber and Tao sneered. They were a little too interested in Lynn's life and wouldn't stop bothering her. Kai had managed to pull himself out of his abusive relationship with Chanyeol and hid behind Tao, the very scary looking panda. "Did something happen over the weekend?" At the mention of the weekend, Lynn felt the heat in the hallway slowly increase. She was once again reminded of how she spent her weekend and she had to admit it was amazing. Her two best friends who were just watching the scenery wasn't helping much either. 

Chanyeol decided to add a little spice and stir something out of Lynn for he said something that one would expect at the most unexpected time. "Don't tell me you and Kai are dating. Wow, I would have never guessed." He teased, seeing how Lynn's cheeks were changing colours. It was evident that Chanyeol had said something true for she was turning slightly pink. Lynn glanced at Kai and saw how nonchalant he appeared, pouting at his expression.

Tao observed Lynn and Kai's reaction. His cousin whom was put on the spot looked anxious and hesitant to reply whereas Kim Jong In was all calm and relaxed. Normally two people who aren't committed in a relationship, friends or not, would have denied any sort of rumours. But Tao noticed how neither of them denied Chanyeol's accusation. Tao opened his mouth, "Congratulations mei!" He cheered. 

"Zitao ge!" She came closer to him and smacked him gently on the arm. "Why are you siding with Channie and bullying me!?" She frowned but that frown was quickly wiped off her face.

"Awe, my poor baby." Amber cooed teasingly, wrapping both her arms around Lynn and squeezing her in a tight hug. She then whispered in her ears, "I know you two are together now. Next time, put your phone on a table or something, not your pockets. But I wouldn't mind listening to your conversation." A light scowl formed on Lynn's face; she was obviously embarrassed that she accidentally pocket-dialed Amber. Her best friend snickered and released Lynn from her hug. She gently pushed Lynn forward to where Kai was standing.

They were standing in the middle of the large hallway intersection with two vending machines several strides away from them. Kai didn't hesitate to intertwine his hands with Lynn's; the two missing puzzle pieces have finally reunited, fitting into one another. Lynn felt her cheeks getting hotter and with her free hand, brought it up to touch her burning cheeks. She was clearly embarrassed but Kai found it cute.

"Well... we're dating." Kai brought their intertwined hands up to his chest, a wide grin plastered on his face. He was excited to tell his friends about their relationship. 'Buy us a present to congratulate us." He ordered, swinging his and Lynn's hands back and forth.

Tao was entertained. Why? Park Chanyeol was throwing a small tantrum about how Kai stole his best friend, Amber was just smirking at Chanyeol the idiot, the newfound couple were busy displaying their affection for one another, and he was just standing there watching everything happen simultaneously. Tao then cleared his throat, interrupting Chanyeol who was in the middle of ranting to Lynn. He was swinging Lynn's free hand (it no longer was on her cheeks) whilst Kai had to pull his girlfriend closer to his body in hopes that she won't be taken away by a crazy man.

"Congratulations mei." He broke Chanyeol and Lynn's arms apart, and separated Lynn and Kai for a while. He wanted to hug his dear cousin. "I hope you're happy." 

"Zitao ge, I'm happy. Don't worry." She replied with a genuine smile etched on her face.

No longer was Lynn depressed. She found someone to take care of her; he was not a rebound. Ever since she learned that Kim Jong In liked her for her, there were endless nights where she couldn't fall into slumber. It took her a while to recognize her own feelings for Kai. It was mutual after weeks of sorting through her feelings. He was really caring and sweet, always by her side without a complaint. At first she didn't know what to do with Kai; Lynn didn't want to accept him if he ever confesses because then it would not have been fair to him. She didn't want to say yes because then she would be cheating with both hers and his' feeling. Lynn couldn't bear to use Kai as a rebound  as a replacement for her ex-boyfriend, Kris to the freaking Wu.

It took her quite some time to figure out what she wanted. And now she knew what she wanted. 

Tao smiled and gently ruffled her hair. "Stop messing up with my hair, guys!" One thing that anyone could tease Lynn with is to mess up her hair. She wasn't all that into styling her hair and whatnot, but messing with her precious hair was a big fat no-no to her. Even Kai didn't have that special treatment to mess up with her hair. Regardless of her antics, the people around Lynn don't mind her rants about messing with her hair. They loved to just to see her smile.

His smile slowly faded away as he turned to face Kai. "Kim Jong In, you may be older than me but I do hope you know I wouldn't care less about kicking your if you hurt my precious dear cousin. If she cries because of you, I wouldn't hesitate to go wushu on you. If you make her cry, we will no longer be friends. If you hurt her, I'd show you what pain feels like. Don't make her cry or think about hurting her in the near future. She may look strong on the outside but god knows how fragile she is. If you-"

"I promise you I will never let her experience another heartbreak or pain. I will not make her cry, but if she does cry, it will be tears of happiness. I promise you that I will love her more than I love myself. I promise you that I won't let her suffer from anything from today onwards. I promise you that she will not have to worry anymore because I will always be there to love and support her. I love her and I'd be willing to do anything for her. Just have some faith and trust in me. I can't afford to hurt such a delicate girl like Lynn."

Kai was being a little too cheesy and overboard with his words, therefore Amber and Chanyeol decided to cut him off. "Alright guys, I understand how Tao is the protective older cousin and Kai is the boyfriend who is willing to sacrifice his own life for the love of his life, but can you guys please not do this to us? We're still single, you know!?" Chanyeol intervened. 

"Fine, we'll talk later, Kai. For now, we should head to class." 

"Let me walk you to class, baby-boo." Kai began, causing fake vomiting noises resonating from his three friends. "Come on, just ignore them." 

And together, hand-in-hand, Lynn Li was assisted to class with her boyfriend, Kim Jong In.

 

 


author's note; Okay I admit I was dragging it on a little bit too much and I was somewhat losing my cool (I blame my stupid dilemmas), but here is the update! The story actually begins now... HEHE :D Just watch out!

Comment, subscribe & upvote ^_^