memory xxiv

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

News spread quick like wild fire especially since several people have such loud mouths and these several people consists of Xiumin (gosh he cannot stop blabbering on and on), Chen, Amber, and Luhan. The innocent looking deer may look quiet and timid but in truth, he loves to gossip (there is no mercy for Lynn). Soon enough, almost every junior and senior knew of their relationship. 

Kai and Lynn are now dating. Some people may find that small news but a majority of the school found it big news. Not many students would have expected Kai and Lynn to become a couple, and now that the two have proved them wrong they didn't know how to react to it. Shocked expressions could be seen as the lovely couple made their way down the hallways, hand-in-hand. Lynn didn't bother seeing the priceless reactions of some envious girls (that's only because they're after Kai for his looks, not the person himself) since her eyes were solely focused on Kai and their intertwined hands. 

His hand is so big and warm. It fits mine perfectly. She silently giggled to herself, a wide grin plastered on her face as she continued glancing back and forth between their locked hands and Kai's handsome features. She was completely dazed and mesmerized by how amazing her boyfriend was. Not only was he handsome but his personality was beautiful too. He was sweet, caring, understanding, funny, attentive, attractive – almost everything she wants in a man. There was something missing about Kai to Lynn but she didn't mind his flaws.

"Kkamjong, let's go on a date after school." She took the initiative and asked him to go on a date with her. Lynn wasn't afraid anymore now that she had her boyfriend with her. 

Kai looked down at his beautiful girlfriend and then at their intertwined hands before going back to scrutinizing her every feature. "Baby, let me take you on a date after school. It's a boyfriend's responsibility to make his girlfriend happy." He smiled down at her and she hummed in eagerness. She couldn't wait for their date after school.

What did I ever do to deserve such a cute, angelic and beautiful girlfriend like you, Lynn Li?

 

 

 

Lynn and Kai's schoolmates began chattering amongst themselves, wondering how on earth they happened and when they happened. Words flew around the atmosphere until it landed right in front of Kris and Tiffany.

"Hey Tiff, did you hear about the newest couple in school?" Once again her nosey friend, Jessica, started talking. Tiffany and Kris were on their after school date when all of a sudden, eight girls decided to join them (it was all Jessica's idea to interrupt their little play time). Tiffany didn't mind in all honesty but Kris was not feeling the least happy with her friends. He didn't mind them being around the couple but he so badly wished they had their alone time.

"There's a new couple in school?" Her eyes widened like saucers, a surprised expression written clearly on her face. It would have been a lie if she said she wasn't curious who the new couple was.

"Yeah, Kim Jong In and Lynn Li. They started dating like a week ago or something." Taeyeon added and everyone else nodded.

"Oh my gosh, really?! That's great! I'm so happy for Lynn. Jong In is a great guy and I know he will make her happy." Tiffany beamed happily, clasping her hands together in excitement. "I can't wait to talk to her later this week and ask for details!" 

One thing about Tiffany Hwang was that regardless of her relationship with people, she would treat them with respect and equality; even though there are bullies in the school, she will end up treating them like everyone else. That is why many people fell in love with her positive outlook in life - everyone should be treated the way they want to be treated. 

Tiffany and Lynn weren't all that close but they do talk occasionally. Kris, who was sitting beside his amazing girlfriend, blanked out when he heard the news.

I shouldn't even care since it's not my business. But since when was she dating? He mentally asked himself, not hearing the girls call out his name repeatedly. Kris didn't even notice that Tiffany gave him a peck on the cheek in hopes that he would wake up from his own bubble. "Kris-boo." She purred in his ear and that was all it took to zap him back into reality.

"Oh, uh, what happened?" He looked around seeing nine pairs of eyes staring right at him. 

"Nothing but did you know Kai and Lynn are now dating? That's like awesome news!" Jessica and Taeyeon repeated again, assuming Kris heard nothing from the start.

"No I didn't, but now I do." A small smile formed on his lips as he turned to give his girlfriend a peck on the cheek.

"Ew no PDA in front of us girls, please and thank you!" Sunny and Yoona lightly yelled making what seems to be disgusting faces at the couple. Normally Tiffany's laughter would be like music to Kris' ears but he honestly couldn't hear her laughing with the rest of her girl friends.

The reason was simple. There were two people constantly floating in his mind and no matter how much he doesn't want to think about them, they were too stubborn to leave. Kris started imaging weird things about Kai and Lynn, such as what they would be doing after school – are they linking arms or holding hands or are they sharing the same frozen yogurt cup. It seemed like at that moment, curiosity indeed killed the cat because all Kris could think about was the new junior couple.

 

 

Tao and Lay were chilling in the comforts of Lynn's home on a Friday evening, especially after Lay silently duplicated a spare key to her house without her awareness. They thought she wouldn't mind; after all they were cousins and cousins love each other even after death. 

"So I heard Lynn and Kai are dating." Lay began, staring straight at Tao who was looking anywhere else but his cousin. "Tell me exactly what I missed this past week or month. Suho and I are in college now so it's not that easy to keep a look out on you youngsters." 

Tao chuckled, mentally teasing how Lay indirectly called themselves old. "What are you laughing at?" Lay leaned in closer, inspecting every little detail of Tao's eyes. The young man rolled his eyes before pushing Lay away. 

"They're dating alright and I approve of him. That guy may look erted, childish and almost like a player but I can tell he really likes mei and would cherish her and protect her. Besides, so far Kai proved to me that he is going to be a much better boyfriend compared to Kris." Tao continued, completely ignoring Lay's second question.

"If you say so, then I'll believe he won't make her cry. If he does, he won't be waking up the next morning." 

Suddenly they heard noises coming from the entrance, a girl and a boy's voice. "I guess the lovers are back." Tao presumed, smirking at Lay. "You can interrogate him if he's staying for dinner."

"We don't have to wait until dinner, do we?" A smirk formed on his lips.

Giggles and shouts could be heard from afar as Kai wouldn't stop being all cheesy over Lynn, muttering sweet nothings into her ear. "I said stop it, you-"

"I'm yours forever and you know it." Winking at her whilst declaring his affection for his girlfriend, Kai pulled Lynn into his embrace and snuggled his cheeks further into her hair. It smelled of Lynn and he absolutely loved it. The two walked into the living room completely unaware that Lynn had guests over.

Lay cleared his throat and glared at Kai, scrutinizing his every movement towards his favourite cousin. "Welcome back, Lynn and Kai." His voice deep and strict-sounding, fatherly-like. "I see there's something my dear little cousin over here," He glanced over to Lynn who then hid her face into the crook of Kai's neck. "haven't told me about. I would very much like to hear what's going on, right, Tao?"

Tao held his hands up in defense. "I'm not in this. I had my fair and share, everything is up to you now, Yixing ge." 

"Fine. Come and sit beside me, Jong In." He was careful with his words and actions. "I need to ask you a few things."

There was no need for Kim Jong In to be nervous, though he did admit it was unexpected and quite nerve-wracking sensing the tone of Lay's command. Regardless of the questions that will be thrown at him, Kai will not hesitate to answer and will only tell the truth. Even though he knew that Lay wouldn't harm him in any way, he had to follow what his senior tells him to do. He knew that Lay cherished Lynn very much and would do just about anything to not see her in pain, with hurt written all over her face. He knew that Lay, although not that much older than them, was like a father to Lynn when her parents weren't around. 

Kai let go of Lynn and held onto her hands, leading her to the seat next to Tao before releasing her hands so she could sit. Then, he made his way to the vacant seat next to Lay. He took a deep breath before looking into his future cousin-in-law's eyes, sincerity written on his orbs.

"Ask me anything I will answer with complete honesty. I'm ready." 

 


author's note; I see a weird pattern. Every time I update, I lose one subscriber or two. Is it just my writing style that doesn't satisfy your needs or am I just overthinking this way too much?