memory iii

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

He was with his friends today as was I. Little miss Li (a.k.a me) saw his lean figure through her peripheral vision, but all she could do was to pretend she didn't notice his presence. 

Two can definitely play the same game.

We've been at this game for years. Seeing each other down the halls and either one of us makes our great escape. It usually wouldn't be me, but there were times that I decided to take another route just to get to my next destination. When our group of friends bump into each other, I would say hi to almost everyone excluding him... because he started it first. He was the one who would greet everyone except for me. Hugging boys is another issue since I normally don't give boys a hug, unless it is necessary. For example, if they need comfort but that rarely ever happens. Another situation of me returning a hug is when they initiate it. But the thing is he never asked for a hug nor did he just hug me out of the blue. So following our own rules of the game, I did the exact same thing he did.

I ignored him.

This man is really difficult to read through. It is nearly impossible to understand what goes on in that mind of his. All I can say is that this young man is just unpredictable.

Then again, I'm telling a white lie. I was his former best friend and I used to have the ability to read him like a book. I still can, a little bit... but not really. Whenever I am around his friends, I would notice his indifference expression. And when he has that all-time-famous poker face plastered on his face, that's when I know he doesn't want anyone to bother him. Not even someone close or very close to him.

Like any other day during lunch, he would be hanging out with his friends and I would be with mine. Like any other day during lunch, we wouldn't even glance at each other's way. But today, something told me that I needed to find where he is. And I found him near the school's library. He was chilling with his gang near the stair well, some leaning on lockers, some sitting on the floor, and some staring out the window at the falling snow.

It was winter, the coldest season out of the four. A memory struck me when I saw him, a slight smile appearing on his face as he gazed out the big glass window. Did he remember what I remembered? Or was I thinking too much about it because I swear that I heard a chuckle (even from a distance of approximately six meters between the two of us) coming from his plump lips?

I really don't know the answer to my own questions. The only thing I do know is that I almost walked into an opened door if it hadn't been for my friend who had pulled me back. 

"Yah, you almost knocked yourself out. Watch where you're going next time, Lynn." my best friend (no this lovely person did not replace my former best friend), Chanyeol, rolled his eyes.

"Thanks Channie, you're the best." I said quietly, smiling up at the young happy virus (a serious and contagious virus that would not harm you in any way; unless it is very severe, it can potentially spread). Really, even if he just rolled his eyes at me in a non-endearing way, he is one that could make you turn that frown upside down. And not to mention, he's always rolling his eyes even if there's nothing to roll his eyes at. It's somewhat Channie's habit, you could say. 

"You betcha." he linked arms with me, and with one last glance at my former best friend, we disappeared from his territory. 

I don't think I really miss him... do I?


author's note;

yayayayays Chanyeol made his first appearance! I was contemplating who I should use for the second lead male role (quite important to this story)... should I make the second lead character as someone who is from EXO or another group? This was the question I've been pondering for the past few hours.

At first, I was going to have the entire EXO hanging out with the male lead, but then it would just be too big of a group, so I broke them up and began sorting which members of EXO should I use and who should I leave out. All of EXO may appear, but only a few will be important and the rest would kind of come and go. It was quite a difficult task, but I think I finalized it. 

There may be some changes here and there (only in the proccess of planning out what to do) but I hope everything turns out well. The story also might not flow so well as I'm trying to recall my own experiences (this is technically my personal story with a few fiction here and there) and write them out.

But I do hope you like it. So leave a comment below and tell me what you think!