memory xvi

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

Lynn

I woke up feeling a little light-headed. I remember feeling woozy this morning in art, and then the teacher asked me how I was doing. I could have lied and said I was fine, but I wasn't. So I told him that I was feeling sick. Mr. King, my art teacher, called the attendance office and told them that I would be sent there to sign out. I wasn't of legal age yet so they told me to call my parents to come pick me up. My parents weren't at home at this time of day since they were at work, and luckily, Amber texted Chanyeol.

What does texting Chanyeol have to do with my parents? Well, he told me that he pretended to be my father (his voice was deep and husky so it actually worked well according to plan) and ta-da, I was out of school. Chanyeol then went to the attendance office a few minutes after the secretary made that phone call, and lied (he's such a smooth liar) that he most likely caught the stomach flu. So he called his parents (for real this time, no faking) and they had him signed out. Then the two of us left, one after the other within a few minutes time span, and Chanyeol's mother picked us up.

"Honey, how are you feeling?" Mrs. Park asked, her palm against my forehead to check my temperature. "No fever, that's good." 

"Mom, I think we should bring Lynn to the doctors or something. See how pale she is!"

"My dear son, stop fretting over it." Then she turned to look at me. "Sweetheart, do you want me to bring you to the doctors?"

I nodded. "Thank you, Mrs. Park." 

I knew that on the drive there, I fell asleep, my head leaning on Chanyeol's shoulder.

Instead of visiting my family physician, I was driven to the emergency room at the nearest hospital. My mild case of nausea wasn't that severe so I wouldn't exactly call it an emergency. But since Mrs. Park insisted on bring me there, I had no choice. Well, of course. I had drifted off into a short but beautiful slumber. The doctor who had checked up on me diagnosed me with insomnia. It's true though.. I haven't been able to have a good night sleep for the past week, and it was getting worse each night.

I promised to the doctor (and he wrote me a note too!) to get lots of sleep. And so here I am, lying on my bed with Chanyeol sitting on my wheely chair at the side.

"How are you feeling now, Lynn?"

I rubbed my eyes, still feeling sleepy. "How long have I been asleep for?" I asked Channie.

"Seven hours or so since we came back, which was at around one." My jaw dropped at how long I've been sleeping for. I glanced around the room, trying to find my alarm clock. "It's almost nine, miss Li." I closed back my jaw.

"Go wash your face and come down to eat. I made you some porridge with your mother's help." I smiled at his thoughtfulness but wondered whether or not his cooking is edible. The last time he baked cookies when he came over wasn't all that pretty. Good thing my parents weren't home that day.

I listened to my best friend's order and went to fix myself in the bathroom. I felt all weird all over so I took a shower as well. When I came out of the bathroom door, wearing freshly new clothes and a towel around my neck, I saw Kyungsoo sitting on my bed.

"Hey, how are you feeling, sis?" I smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up, indicating that I was fine. Really, I was. "Good. You had me so worried when Chanyeol called me saying that you were sent to the hospital and whatnot. Don't scare me like that! I thought it was something serious, you idiot!"

I let Kyungsoo nag and lecture me. It was relaxing to hear his motherly insticts and voice. He's like my brother and it feels really nice to know there are people who really cares about you. When he was done talking, he motioned me to sit next to him and when I did, he grabbed the towel that was around my neck and began drying my wet hair.

"You'll get sick if your hair is wet." 

"Psh I don't get sick easily." I defended myself, knowing that it wasn't true. I'm not that strong afterall. I've fallen into a trap and became a victim of these minions. They had me cornered and attacked me with their weapon: bacteria. Okay, that sounded really weird to me, don't you think?

"Stop lying." He chuckled. When Soo was done drying my hair, he pulled me up onto my feet and hastily dragged me down the stairs. 

In the kitchen sat Chanyeol. He was looking at me with a creepy wide grin that never creeps me out (okay maybe it did when I first met him but you automatically get used to it as time goes by). In the living room, my parents were watching television. It was some kind of Hong Kong medical crime drama. I think it's English title was called A Great Way to Care II* or something. When I walked into the living room, they noticed me and my dad quickly pulled me into a hug. My mom just asked me if I had a good sleep.

"Of course I did, mom. It was the best sleep I've had this entire month." It was the truth. I think these days, I've been too stressed over the whole Kai-liking-me matter. I mean, we're best friends, right? Yes, we're the best of friends and it most likely stay that way. I don't think Kai likes me though. He's like Chanyeol (protective brother and a fatherly figure) but more of a tease, espeically when he keeps calling me babe.

"Glad to hear that. Go and eat something. You must be hungry." When daddy says something, you must listen.

"Yes daddy!"  

In the kitchen, Chanyeol told me how when I was still asleep, the crew came over for a visit and how Xiumin freaked out when he saw me sleeping with my face buried in my pillow. He also said that Kai's expression when he saw me was of relief, as if he's finally stopped panicking because I was sent to the emergency room (courtesy of the Park's mother and son). I couldn't help but laugh when Chanyeol told me that Tao and Lay were arguing over who gets to stay over to take care of me. Geez, I'm not a little kid that needs to be watched over twenty-four-seven. And yet, here is Park Chanyeol!

Suddenly, the door bell rang. "I'll get it." I offered, but was stopped by Kyungsoo. He demanded me to finish my bowl of porridge that Chanyeol spent hours making (wow... just wow...) and that he would get the door. My parents were just too lazy to get up and answer the door.

I was about to feed myself another spoon of the porridge (surprisingly it tasted pretty good - not that bland and not that salty) when I heard Lay's voice. A smile crept onto my face and continued shoving this yummy spoon of warm porridge into my mouth. 

"Hi auntie, hi uncle." I heard him greet my parents. Then, I heard it again but this time, it was Tao's voice that I heard. So the two of them came here together.

It was nine o'clock at night. Why were they here?

I heard footsteps trailing closer into the kitchen. "Mei!" I was suddenly pulled off my seat and into the arms of someone muscular. These arms had to belong to Huang Zitao. When these arms let go of me, I looked up to see my wushu panda. 

"Zitao ge!" 

"Hey, I don't get a hug and a 'Oh my gosh it's y Yixing ge!', huh? I'm really hurt, mei. I'm disap-" I engulfed him in a warm embrace. He wasn't that much taller than me and he was incredibly warm to hug. No offense to Zitao ge but I prefer hugging Yixing ge more than him. He better not know about this secret of mine!

"I feel the love." Zitao ge whined childishly, causing laughter to erupt from Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. They were watching the three of us slowly bickering in the most non-violent way. Heck we were whining and fake complaining at each other for the laugh of it. 

You know... At times like these are when I truly feel like I'm in heaven. These are the times when all the rocks that I've been carrying, being taken off my shoulders. I'm not as stressed as I used to be although I still feel like sometimes. But these people that I love and cherish are the ones who are always there to help me recover and keep sane. I really don't know what I would do without them.

 


* A Great Way to Care II - a Hong Kong medical crime drama produced by Marco Law. 

author's note; I'm just a Chinese high school girl who has a freeload of time to type up her stories. Not to mention, I'm addicted to watching TVB (a television broadcasting program) dramas on my own time. Currently, I'm watching AGWTC2 and I am thrilled and loving it! Also, I've been in pain for a while now. My arm was severely injured thanks to a classmate who body slammed me into a wall when we were playing BUMP in gym on Thursday. According to my doctor, the muscles and tissues in my right arm were infected and swelling pretty badly so the only thing is to ease the pain through this special medication and to rest for a few days in hopes that it would recover. 

In case you guys don't know what BUMP is, it's a knockout game where (let me copy and paste this from wikipedia):

 

Rules

  • Two players or more in a single-file line, typically starting at the free-throw line
  • Two basketballs, held by the first two players in line
  • The first player in line begins the game by taking an initial shot.
  • As soon as the first player has taken the initial shot, the second player may step up to the line and take his or her shot.
  • If a player's initial shot does not go in, he or she may rebound the basketball and attempt to make a basket from any location (most often, a layup would be attempted because it is an easier shot to make than a standard jump shot).
  • Once a player makes a basket, he or she must immediately pass the ball to the next player at the front of the line and then go to the end of the line. The player at the front of the line may take his or her shot immediately upon receiving a ball.
  • If any player does not make his or her shot before the person behind them, he or she is "knocked out" and is out until a new game starts.
  • The order of the players cannot change during the game except by shrinking in size as players are knocked out.
  • The game continues until everyone is knocked out except for one final player, who is deemed the winner.