memory iv

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

"Channie, can I ask you a question?" It was lunch time and Chanyeol and I ate at our usual hang out which was right in front of my locker, in the middle of the English department's hallway. I didn't feel like eating, so I placed my sandwich aside and turned to face my best friend.

"You already did." he chuckled, munching slowly on his chocolate chip cookies (he baked them himself but never gave me a piece to try... how unfair of him).

"I didn't mean it literally." I paused, thinking how I should start my question. The five W's and one H were trying to flatter me, coming up with reasons as to why I should begin with their names. In the end, the single lady won. "How do you know when you have gone insane?"

Chanyeol looked at me, surprised at my abnormal question. "Tell me you're not going insane, please." he blinked once, then again. Another sigh escaped from my lips, rolling my eyes at my not-so-dramatic best friend. 

"That is such a wonderful answer Channie!" I said in my usual sarcastic manner, hoping my friend would understand it this time. When it comes to satire, Chanyeol is quite... how do I put it in a nice way that won't indirectly offend him? Ah, here's the answer... he doesn't process information quick enough. It usually takes quite some time for Chanyeol to comprehend what's happening to lives around him, including himself.

"Really?!" he beamed. Oh smack that, all on the floor; smack that, give me some more; smack that, 'til you get sore; smack that, oh ooh. 

At times like this, let me bring forth my hand, and have my palm against my face, covering my eyes.

"No, Channie. I was being sarcastic." he nodded like a child. Speaking of that, he is a child.

Another face against palm.

"Okay, so what's your question again?" I think they should really invent a face-swatter, the newest edition to the flyswatter family.

"How do you know if someone has gone crazy or even a little beyond crazy?" he looked past me (which there really wasn't anything beautiful to see aside from a wall and some people who might be eavesdropping on our conversation) before opening his mouth and then closing it again.

"Is this about you-know-who?" he asked and I could only nod. Chanyeol is probably one of the few people who I've told my story to, as well as one of the few friends of mine that understands what I've been through. Although they haven't experienced what I have experienced, they know when to say something and when not to mention certain things, which I really am thankful for. "Forget about him, Lynn. I've told you so many times that he doesn't deserve someone as caring and sweet as you."

"But-" 

"No but's alright. Kris doesn't deserve you and if you ask anyone who knew about you two's relationship, they'll say the same thing. Listen to me and stop reliving those memories. They're all in the past now so let it go. They aren't worth your tears. He's not worth your tears." 

Right. He is right about everything. Kris Wu, my ex-best friend, is really not worth my tears. I didn't understand the reason behind our break up, nor did I understand why I cried over him, both day and night. The tears that I've learned (over the past years) to keep in have finally released themselves. A single drop of tear streamed down my cheeks and onto the floor. I was sitting cross legged on the floor with my head down. I didn't feel hungry at all and didn't notice that my sandwich that have been abandoned earlier, was sitting obediently next to my carton of orange juice, and begging for me to take it back. 

Chanyeol pulled me into a comfortable hug, gently my back with his large hand. "There, there. Let everything out and forget about him. If anything, he should be the one crying for losing someone as sweet as you. There are plenty of fishes in the sea, Lynn. He's not the only one." 

I felt a little bit better after crying on Chanyeol's shoulders. There was a blotch of wetness on his polo shirt, so I immediately apologized for staining his shirt with my tears. Channie didn't scold me like he usually would if I stain his precious shirts, rather he laughed at how uncomfortable his shoulder felt. According to Chanyeol, the wetness felt like pee. "At least I have my gym shirt to change into." he joked.

"Channie, you're the best." 


author's note; I still can't seem to perfect my humour... I'm just not that satisfied with it. Regardless, I hope you had a good read :) 

Do you guys like reading author notes/comments?