Rumors

Ghost Boy

(Taemin's POV)

I looked out the window, looking at the sky. I thought about, what I always thought about, when I was spacing out. Dancing. I truely wished to become a dancer. It has been my dream ever since I could stand on my own two feet. Everyday after school, I practised at the school's pratice room. I wasn't always happy with the results, but my friends kept telling me that I was a very good dancer. I just couldn't see it. 
 
"Lee Taemin!" I heard the teacher call out my name. I came back to reality. I was in class. It's not the first time I've been spacing out like that doing class. I stood up "Yes?" I said. The others started to laugh. My teacher looked quite irritated. "Sit down, Lee Taemin" he said and I did as he told me to. He looked strict at me "Please answer the question" he said. I was confused. Question? What question? I sighed "I...I'm sorry..I didn't listen..." I said and bowed to him. He came to my seat. I somehow knew what was going to happen. I mean, it wasn't the first time though. 
 
"What do we do with you, Lee Taemin. You don't follow in class and you're spacing out too. It's not the first time, you know" he said. I knew already. I didn't need him to tell me. "I'm sorry" that was the only thing I could say. I didn't know what else to say. I heard him sigh. "I'm afraid, I got no choice. You're staying after school to keep up the things you've missed" he said and walked back to the teachers desk. "But..." I said, but he stopped me, "no but's...it is decided. It's your own fault, you know" he said. How unfair. I tried to pay attention for the rest of the class. I didn't want any more trouble than I already got. 
 
When class was finally over, I walked through the hallway towards the canteen. My mom was properly going to hear about this. Actually, I was more afraid if my dad heard about this. He was more strict than my mom. Especially when it came to school. I sat down with my lunch by an empty table. "Yo" I heard someone say. I looked up and saw Kai sitting in front of me. "Hey" I said. "Guess what!" he said all excided. I really didn't want to. I kind of hated his guessing games. "Pass" I just said. "Aish.." He complained. I couldn't help myself from smiling. "There's a new kid in your class, I've heard" he said and took some of my lunch. I let him do it. I didn't really mind. "New kid? Who?" I asked, not really interested to know. "I guess his name is...is..eh..oh look lunch!" he said and took some more of mine. I sighed. This happened every time he couldn't remember something, then he just changed the subject. He sometimes got problems with his memory. 
 
I wasn't, what you could call, the popular guy in school. I wasn't a loser either. The only friend I got was Kai. We've been friends ever since I could remember. I remember the day, when he told me, he was gay. I didn't complain and I was totally fine with it, because I was gay myself. Did I mention that our school is an all-boys school? If you're not gay, you would become one, by going to this school. Of course we had straight guys too, like Jonghyun. He always refused to be gay. He thought it wasn't normal. Want to know more about that guy? The only other thing I know, is that his best friend is Jinki from the class above him. And because of that, Jonghyun is quite popular and I couldn't care less. That's how popularity ruled this school. Being friends with one of the older students or you could look like a prince sent from above. 
 
I heard the school bell rang and it was time for the next class, which was art. Since my dream was to dance, I didn't really care about any of my school lessons. I met up in the art room and got ready for the lesson. You couldn't really space out for this lesson, you had to be active. Our teacher was late, again. She was always late, so we got used to it. I had my headphones on, while listening to music, because of the noise the other students made. Whenever a teacher was not around, they took the opportunity to talk and play around. Suddenly the door went up and a strange guy stood in the doorway. He had blond hair and at least three earrings in each ear. He was wearing a pink shirt and some white skinny jeans. Was that the new student? He was indeed colourful. The whole class went silent, while looking at the new guy. I saw some of them whispered to each other. Just as I thought. He just arrived and they were already talking about him. Properly about how he looked. 
 
"I'm sorry, I'm late", the teacher said, when she finally arrived. I took off my headphone and turned off the music. It looked like the teacher was in a hurry, she didn't even realice the new kid, until he said; "excuse me Miss, I'm the new student". She turned around and looked confused at him, at first. "New student? Oh, yes right. Welcome to our school and to this class of course," she said. The new guy bowed to her and she smiled. "How about introducing yourself for the class" she said friendly. He turned towards us and bowed, "hello, my name is Kim Kibum and I'll be studying with you from now on. I'll look forward to it," he said really politely. "You can sit where you want," the teacher said and the new kid or Kim Kibum, as his name was, sat on an empty seat right next to me. Normally I didn't like anyone to sit next to me, but he was the only one I'd seen with a different hair colour than black. Before he came to this school, I was the only one who had a different haircolour than black. His dressing style reminded me of my own too, but way more extreme. 
 
He looked at me, then smiled, when I looked back at him. "Hi, I'm Kim Kibum, your new class mate," he said with a smile. I didn't smile back at him though. "I know," I just said. Maybe I sounded a bit rude, but there was I reason, why I only had one friend in this school. I didn't like attention nor speaking with strangers and right now, this guy was a stranger to me. I knew, not speaking to strangers, didn't help me getting friends, but I just didn't feel comfortable, speaking to people I didn't know. It's a stupid habbit of mine, but I couldn't help it. I refused to get help from Kai, to make me talk more to others. Maybe I was just afraid. "What's your name?" He suddenly asked, getting me back to reality. "Lee Taemin," I just simply answered. "Nice to meet you," he said with a smile, but I, by accident, just glarred at him. I could see, he got the hint and turned around to follow the lesson. Actually I hoped he didn't got the wrong impression of me by that. I really wanted to make friends, but I wasn't good at it.
 
The lesson was finally over, but my disorders were not. Because of what happened earlier, I had to stay to catch up my studies. I met Kai outside my class and he immediately placed his arm around my shoulders, "Tae, are you ready to get out of here?" He asked with a grin. I sighed, "I wish I could, but I can't". He looked confused at me and removed his arm, letting it drop down, "what do you mean, you can't?" He asked. "The teacher caught me, not paying attention to the lesson and I have to stay to catch up with my studies," I explained to him. "Did you space out again?" Of course he knew about my day dreaming. He almost knew anything about me, but what did I expect? He was my best friend after all. I nodded and his stupid grin appeared on his face, "dancing. Am I right?" He said almost not as a question. I just gave him my glare and we started walking towards the entrance. Of course I didn't follow him out, because I had to stay. 
 
When Kai had left the school, I walked to the library to study. I really didn't like studying, but I had no choice. When I arrived to the library, most of the students had already left, only a few stayed to study, I guess. I sat down by a table with an English book, which was the subject I was worst in, and started reading. My concentration disappeared, when I heard a few students talk about a popular rumor around this school. I couldn't help myself, but to listen. Of course I pretented to be studying. The rumor was about the weird things that happened in this school. Like moving chairs, doors closing by themselves and steps in the hallway. That's right, this school had a ghost rumor. All the weird things only happened late at night or sometimes when the sun had set. Actually I didn't believe in those, so-called, paranormal ghost stories. I'm the kind of person, who only believes in what can be proved. And since no one had proved this, I didn't believe it. 
 
While hearing them talk about that rumor, I couldn't help but laugh. They turned to face me and I looked at them from the corner of my eye. "What's so funny, Red head?" One of them asked. Oh right, my nickname in the school was Red head, because of my red hair. I turned my head to look at them properly, "do you believe in those ghost stories?" I asked them, while lifting one of my eyebrows. "Of course we do. It happened to me once," one of them said. Now I guess I looked a bit confused, "happened to you? Do you mean someone ran around in the hallways and that scared you to death?" I asked, making fun of him. "Aish! What does an air head like you know anyway" he said not as a question and left the library together with the others. I went back to the book and tried to concentrate. Of course it was diffecult to me and as time passed by I laid my head on the book and before I knew it, it all went dark.
 
I opened my eyes and realised, I was still in the school. Did I just fall asleep like that? I looked at my phone and there was three unanswered calls from my mom. I guess she wanted to know where I was. It's almost midnight...no wonder she wanted to know. It's weird that no one even realised I was here before they left.

I walked to the hallway. All dark. I was not really afraid of the dark. I walked down the hallway, heading for the entrance. Suddenly I heard steps behind me. I turned around, but no one was there. Strange. I kept walking and again, I heard steps. I turned around once again, but no one was there. Then I heard the steps on the other side of me. I turned again and I got a shock as I saw a tall figure stand some meters in front of me. The figure was transperent and white glowing. Was that what I think it was...a ghost??

 

A: First "real" chapter uploaded :D And now Ghost Boy has officielly started! Please subscribe for updates and don't be afraid to leave a comment below :b