Breaking the hope

Ghost Boy

It became quiet. I wished he would hurry back. I looked at his body. So peaceful. The kiss in my dream appeared in my mind. I fixed my eyes at the body's lips. It would feel different if I kissed the lips of that body, wouldn't it? The thoughts of kissing the body's lips went through my mind. I wanted to know how it felt.

I slapped myself. Wake up Taemin. It's a soulless body. I can't do that. I leaned against the back of the closet. What's taking him so long? Is Kibum hard to convince? No, that can't be it. He always believed in what I said. And Minho even visited him before, so why wouldn't he believe him? And even if he convinced him, then is it because they can't find anything to break that door?

I felt more lonely than before, when I sat inside this closet. I really wanted to get out, but trying to break the door with my hands wouldn't help. The longer I waited, the more tired I got. My body felt tired and heavy. I felt like I was going to fall asleep any minute now. My eyes started to feel heavy and it was hard for me to keep them open. I was about to close my eyes, when I heard something banging on the old wooden door with somthing heavy. I got on my knees and listened to the noice at the old wooden door.

"Taemin, are you there?" I heard minho's voice again. I stood up, "I'm here" I said. He was finaly back. Did he get Kibum? And was he trying to get in here? "I told Kibum, but he couldn't help by himself. He got help from some of the students in the school and they called the fire department and now they are trying to break down the door" he said. The fire department? Maybe they could help, but wait...the thought hid me. "Minho! If they find your body in here, they'll remove it from the closet and then you can't get connected to it again!" I said getting afraid I wouldn't be able to help him.

I heard him sigh on the other site, "it's more importent that you don't become like me" he said soft. I could feel the tears press on. "Minho...I want you to become alive again. If your body is not in here, then it won't happen" I said, sounding desperate. "Taemin, listen to me! I have a plan. I'll explain it to you in a while, but you have to trust me" he said and I tried to calm myself and listen to him. "Do you trust me?" he then asked. I nodded in silence before answering. "I-I do" my voice shivered. I sure hope he knew what he was doing.

I heard them break through the door. "'he's in there!" I heard Kibum's voice. I felt happy. I felt relieved. "How did he get in there?" I heard an unfamiliar voice said and no answer. One of them grabbed the door handled, but the door would open. "Step back! I'm breaking the door!" I heard an adult man say. Probably one of the fire fighters. I pressed my back against Minho's body on the others side of the closet and covered my face with my arms. I knew if they broke the door, it would probably shatter. "I'm breaking it down!" He said and I closed my eyes. I then heard the heavy object breaking the closet door down and I slowly opened my eyes, seeing a huge hole in the door and a lot of people outsite. Kibum, Kai, my mother, Lee Jinki and kim Jonghyun from the elder classes and two fire fighters.

"Taemin-ah, are you alright? Are you hurt?" My mother asked. "I-I'm fine" I said, being happy to see everyone. My eyes then focused on the tranparent figure in the background. Minho smiled at me and then disappeared. "Wait!" I yelled out and the others got surprised by my sudden action. Kibum looked at me, "Taemin. He'll be alright" he told me. I knew he talked about Minho. I remered what Minho told me before. I believe in him. I trusted him.

I got out of the closet and into my mother's embrace. "Taemin-ah don't scare me like that" I could feel her shaking. He must've been scared. I understood her. I was too. One of the fire fighters removed Minho's body from the closet and put it on the ground. Since it was still warm, the fire fighter began to give it CPR and try to save him. I couldn't tell him it wouldn't help. What was Minho's plan in the first place? His body was now out of the closet and besides that, the closet was broken. How was I suppose to save him now?

"We have to get him to the hospital. He got a pulse, but I think he's unconscious" the fire fighter said. I looked at bit confused at the fire fighter and then at Minho's body. A pulse? How can it with no soul? It didn't have a pulse, when I was trapped together with it. Perhaps...?

Later when the ambulance arrived, Minho's body was transported to the hospital. I went there as well together with Kibum and Kai. Lee Jinki went home, but Kim Jonghyun followed along with Kibum. I sat by the bed and just looking at his sleeping body. It really did look like he was sleeping peacefully. "Tae...do you know this guy?" Kai asked. I didn't respond. All I thought about was Minho. My attention was only set on Minho.

"Taemin you should go home. He'll be just fine. You wait and see" Kibum tried to convince me. I wanted to believe that too. But I was worried. The closet was broken, Minho's body at the hospital and the ghost girl nowhere to be found. It was difficult to look at the bright side right now. Was he going to be in a come for 25 years too? I sure didn't hope so.

I went home later that evening. While watching the TV, a young girl from a hospital was mentioned in the news. I paid attention;

"The well known 'sleeping-girl', who had been in a coma for 25 years, earliere this evening woke up at the hospital. No one knows this girl's identity and she doesn't know it herself. She says she has been wandering around an empty hallway at a high school in the past 25 years of her coma. Unfortunately the girl passed away about an hour later. The nurses tells she mumbled something before closing her eyes and passed quietly away. The words the mumbled was: 'I'm sorry to those I've harmed. May your future seem bright'. The nurses was surprised by the unknown 'sleeping-girl's last words"

The girl was even filmed and I could tell, without a doubt, that it was her. The ghost girl became alive and then died for real? How could that happen? The closet was broken and her body had been at the hospital for this long. How could she suddenly become alive? I was even more confused, because she died an hour after waking up after 25 years wandering around the school. But if that happened to her...then what would happen to Minho?

A: Next chapter will be the last one. This fic had been going one for over a year, because of me being bad at updating sooner. I want to apologize for my bad updating. When this fic has ended, I won't upload a new one before I finished writing it. That way I can update a new chapter everyday and not let you guys waiting for too long :)