It's real

Ghost Boy

I couldn't take my eyes away from the shape. It didn't move either. I felt like we just stood there in silence, looking at each other. Or I looked at the shape and didn't know if it looked back or even was enable to do that. "Who...what are you?" I carefully asked it and again no answer. "Please say something" I tried to make it talk to me. I really wanted to know what it was. Suddenly it disappeared. I looked around, but couldn't see it anywere. Did I scare it away? Or were my eyes playing tricks on me? I guess they didn't, because it appeared again in the end of my bed. I could actually see it's face. So it did had a face. I guess it was a face, since it looked like it. I couldn't see it clearly because of the dark, but it surely looked like it. 

This time I didn't say anything. I just looked at it and then realised, I could look right through it. It weird I didn't realise that before. Suddenly it moved, what looked like, an arm. I followed it's movements with my eyes. It looked like it grabbed the edge of my bed, just looking my way. It's weird that I wasn't scared about it. I should be right? I mean, it could be a ghost. A dead person. I got to my senses and actually started feeling scared, because of my thoughts. My heart beated fast and my body shivered. I was about to scream, when I heard a voice, "don't.." it said. My heart skipped a beat. Did it just talk to me? I couldn't believe my own ears. "W-what?" For the first time, in a long time, I felt scared. "Don't scream. I won't hurt you.." The voice said. I was frozen and couldn't take my eyes of the shape. 

The shape then disappeared, but my eyes kept looking in the same direction. Minutes past like that before I came back to my senses. I couldn't believe it. The weird shape I've seen in school, had now been in my own home and in my own room. Did it follow me? Was I just imagening things? It seemed to unreal. Now I was sure. This couldn't be a trick. Not when it's in my own home. There most've be an explanation to all this, but what it was, I didn't know. I didn't know what to do. Should I scream? Should I sleep? Should I call it? My mind was a mess. For the first time in my life I've seen something that might be a ghost, a not existing creature. Well, somehow it did exist right? It was right in front of my eyes and it even talked to me. Did this mean I didn't have to be at school until midnight to meet it? Would it appear in my room again? I wondered.

I opened my eyes, looking at my clock, which showed: 7:15am. "It's morning?" I mumbled half asleep. I didn't even realise I fell asleep last night. The only thing I could think about, was the dark shape in my room. Then the thought hit me. The shape in the school was white and the one in my room was black. Even though they looked like one another, what if it wasn't the same? Well, they looked kind of like each other. I couldn't clearly tell because they were very unclear shapes. I really wished to get some answers of this. My mind was a mess and I wanted to know what was going on. I changed clothes and went to the kitchen. My mother was in the middle of making breakfast. Heechul already sat by the table and my father already went to work. He always go to work early and it doesn't really bother me because I'm used to it. 

I sat by the table without a word. My mother heard and turned around, smiling at me, "you're awake? Did you sleep well?" he asked me and I nodded without a word. She turned around once again. I couldn't tell what I saw last night. It would sound to weird, like I was crazy. Then how about Kai and Kibum? Would I tell them or not? I couldn't even decide myself. Kai was probably going to mention last night. Because I wanted to see if it was true or not, that ghosts exited or not, I stayed at school until midnight. Kai could had refused, but he wanted to tell me wrong and since he ddn't see the shape, I knew he was going to let me hear all about it. I sighed just by thinking about it. At that moment, I didn't want to go to school to learn, but to wait until tonight. That's right, I was going to stay over again, just to see the shape. Somehow I felt attracted to it like a magnet. 

Suddenly something knocked on to my head. "Auch!" I let out and turned to face Heechul who was looking strangly at me. "What's wrong with you? You're starring into mid air" he said. I sighed, "just thinking about something" I mumbled. "Tsk..what could you be thinking about?" he just said. "None of your business" I hissed at him. "You little!" He hissed back. "Stop it both of you" my mother placed the breakfast on the table. Even though my mother wasn't Heechul's real mother, he still listened to her and had respect for her, as if she was his real mother. We both ate our breakfast without a word. I could feel my mother look at me sometimes. Somehow I knew she was a little uneasy about me. The past two days I haven't told her anything what was on my mind as I used to. I've stayed other places than home at midnight, which I didn't normally do. No wonder she was a bit worried. 

"Taemin is something wrong?" And there it was, the question I expected. I looked at her with a fake smile, "nothing's wrong umma" I said calm. "He probably got problems at school" Heechul interrupted. "Hush!" My mother scolded him and I couldn't help, smiling when Heechul got into trouble. I hid it of course. My mother looked at me again, "is it school?" she asked calmly. "It's nothing seriously" I answered, not wanting to tell her. She thinks I got problems and it wouldn't help if I told her that I've seen ghosts in school and even in my room. She might just think I'm insane. She placed her hand on my shoulder, "remember you can always tell me if something is on your mind" she said with that kind smile of hers. I smiled back at her and she removed her hand. 

I met Kibum at the school gate. "Taeminie, did you see any ghosts yesterday?" He asked all excided. "Don't say you're making fun of me, are you?" I asked, looking couries at him. He chuckled, "I'm not. I really do believe in ghosts and you said you've seen one. I'm so excided" he said. Unbelieveable... "I actually....didn't" I hesitated a bit. His smile disappeared into a disapointed pout. I didn't like to lie, but somehow I didn't want to share myy mysterious shape with anyone. Weird huh? "Are you spending the night at the school again then?" He suddenly asked. "I don't think so.." I lied. Of course I was. I wanted to see it again. "Aigoo...so you're just going to give up like that? Aish" he complained. I just laughed at him. I couldn't really react in any other way. Weird enough...he was my newest friend and he still gave me more support than Kai did. I started to like that guy more and more. 

As always the first classes went by really slowly. I was daydreaming through the whole lesson. Typical me. When it finally was lunch time I met up with both Kai and Kibum. "Any new ghosts stories?" Kai asked teasing. "He didn't see any. I'm so disapointed, I was really hoping for more" Kibum complained. "Aish. Listen to yourself. Ghosts...jeez" Kai said a bit annoyed about those ghost stories. "I do believe in them and I know Taeminnie does too. He has seen them" Kibum said. "Taeminnie? Aish, even a nickname. Hyung, is he your best guy or what?" I guess Kai was jalous of Kibum. I didn't know why he would be. "Yah! Kai, you're my best friend and you know that. That nickname was something Kibum made up" I explained. "You don't like it Taeminnie?" Kibum asked, looking at me. "Aish, quit acting so innocent" Kai continued to complain. I sighed. It's going to take a lot of time for them to be friends, right? 

When school finally was over, I stayed at the library, telling the others I had to keep up my studies or else I would be in big trouble. It wasn't quite a lie. I really need to study, but that wasn't my plan for tonight. Both Kai and Kibum went home, leaving me behind as I told them to. I called my mother, telling her I was sleeping at Kai's place. She was probably worrying more for me because of that, but I couldn't tell her the truth. I had to do something, while waiting until tonight. The first thing crossing my mind was to get some sleep. When the rest of the students had left the school, I leaned forward on the table and closed my eyes, ready for sleep. I woke up by hearing something weird. I looked around in the dark library and for my surprise, a book was laying on the floor. Weird. I heard another sound that sounded like something was pulled out from the shelf. I looked around an saw a book flying in the air, all by itself. It's here...

 

A: I'm so so so sorry for the really late update. My writer-block haven't completely vanished. It was very difficult for me to write this chapter. I'm trying hard to make the writer-block disappear. Please be patient.