Confusing feelings

Ghost Boy

"Will you help me?" he asked me. I looked at him and almost couldn't resist his begging eyes. He looked really cute the way he looked at me. I guess he really wanted my help, huh? "How exactly do I help you?" I asked him. His expression changed to a happy face, "so you will help me?" he asked all excided. "I guess I will. But I'm confused. How exactly can I, a normal human, help you?" I asked him, really wanting an answer. He smiled at me, "you know, the old wood door in the basement at the school?" he started. I nodded, "what about it?" "You don't know what's behind that door, do you?" he asked me and I shook my head, wanting to know. 

"23 years ago, I went for a walk at night. I walked by the school and suddenly I heard someone call for my help inside the school. I hurried inside and to the hallway, where I heard the voice. That's where I saw the ghost girl for the first time," he said. "The ghost girl? Her who's haunting the school?" I asked and he nodded. "She ran away from me and I followed her down to the basement. She then dragged me inside the wooden door and pushed me inside a weird closet, then closed the door so I couldn't get out" he said. "So..you died in the closet?" I asked him, holding around my legs. "Not exactly. It's true that I was trapped inside the closet and never got out, but that closet isn't a normal closet." I looked confused at him. "What do you mean? What's wrong with it?" I asked him. "It's a somehow paranormal closet. It keeps the body trapped and when the soul is released from the body, the body keeps being trapped inside the closet, while the soul can walk freely around, like a ghost". "And that's what happened to you? It doesn't make any sense. If your body is trapped inside the closet, shouldn't it be rotten by now?" I asked him. "That's the paranormal about it. If the body is kept inside the closet, then it doesn't rotten. But if the soul returns to the body, then it becomes alive again and the human can live on like nothing happened. Not even a second year older than when the person died". 

He kind of sounded excided about this. Was he that eager to become alive again? Well...I understood him. "There's still something I don't understand. What did the ghost girl want from me? You even said I couldn't help her" I asked. He scratched his neck, "she wants to become alive again. She has been dead for around 100 years now" he said. "Then...if I can help you, how come I can't help her?" It looked like he became more and more nervous about my questions. "She...her body isn't in the closet anyway...somebody already found it and it's already gone, but she still tries. She won't face the truth" he sighed. "So how exactly do I help you?" I asked, "can't you just open the closet door and get connected with your body?" he froze. I looked confused at him and then he started fading. "No wait! Don't fade away! I just want to know how I can help you" I said trying to make him stay. "I have to go, we'll talk about that another time" he said right before he was gone. 

Now I sat there, alone in the darkness. How come he faded away? Couldn't he answer my question? If he couldn't, then how am I even supposed to help him? I laid back down in my bed, trying to sleep. It wasn't that easy, when I kept thinking about, how I could help him. Since he didn't tell me, I guess I had to figure it out myself. I couldn't help myself thinking he was hiding something. Just the way he looked, when I asked him how to help him. I didn't like this. He was hiding something and in order to help him, I need to figure out what he was hiding. 

I woke up by my alarm clock waking me. I didn't even realise I fell asleep. It's the last school day before weekend. I haven't paid attention in class at all the whole week. That ghost boy, Minho, had been on my mind all along. I might have turned crazy. I stood up from bed and walked downstairs to get breakfast. Heechul was still sleeping, my father was at work and my mother in the kitchen. 

My eyes felt heavy. I haven't slept that much since I met the ghost boy. I know my morther had noticed it too, but she just didn't say anything. Sometimes she worry too much. I sat in silence and ate my breakfast. My mother looked worried at me a few times before she sat down by the table. "Taemin ah, is something wrong?" And there it was. The same old question. I looked at her, "umma I'm fine" I said wanting to continue to eat in silence. But my morther asked further, "you've changed. You stay out at night, like you never did before. You even had a fight with your father" she said getting frustrated. I looked at her, "umma...I was just...tired yesterday. I didn't mean to yell at him" I explained. I didn't know myself what had happened to me. I've noticed myself that I've changed. 

I didn't think further about it. I left for school. The whole day went by so slow, that I thought the time had frozen. I even went to the basement to find the ghost boy, but he was nowhere to be found. I wonder why he left so suddenly last time. How can a ghost get busy? It was obvious he was hidding something from me. I suddenly felt a desire to see him. I kind of...missed him...I think. I kept thinking about his face. I pictured him in front of me. I kept starring at my imagination. I probably looked weird to all the other students. I was standing in the middle of the hallway, looking into midair. 

I pictured him, smiling at me. Just by my imagination, I felt my heart beat faster. I saw his hand being held out to me and I moved to grab it, but got interrupted by someone grabbing both my shoulders. I came back to reality and turned my head to find a overly happy Kai behind me. "YAH! Kai. Stop scaring me like that!" I scolded him, turning to face him. He just laughed at me, "hyung, why are you starring at midair? Do you even know how funny and lost you look, when you just stand still like that?" So he noticed. Look at his laughing face. It must had been really funny or he's just overacting. 

We went to eat lunch together at the canteen. We sat at our usual place, eating our usual lunch. At least this hasn't changed. "Yah! Hyung! I'm talking to you", I heard Kai say, which brought me back to reality. "Huh, what?" I said, looking at him. He got his irritated look, "where is your mind at? You don't hear a word I say. Pay some attention", he scolded me. I sighed, "sorry Kai. My mind is somewhere else" I excused myself. "Is it about the ghost?" We both turned to see Kibum sit by our table, looking at me. "Have you seen the ghost recently?" He asked me. "Yah! Back in the line. I was talking to him" Kai scolded Kibum. "I can ask, can't I?" He said right back at him. "Guys stop, will you. Kai I'm sorry I didn't pay attention. I haven't been myself lately" I sighed. They both looked at little worried at me. "Are you feeling sick?" Kibum asked. I shoke my head, "I don't know. I just noticed I've changed. I can't focus in class at all". "Hyung, you had never focused in class. You daydream all the time, remember?" I nodded, "but this is different. I had even yelled at my appa" I sighed. 

Our teacher for the last class was sick, so we had the rest of the day off. I went to the basement. I felt like I could think in peace down there. I felt most comfortable down there. I sat down against the wall. I looked around in the darkness. All light was turned off. I felt the peace and silence. It didn't last long, when I felt a cold breeze, making my heart pound in fear. I've felt this way before. I looked to the sides and saw the ghost girl down the hallway. I didn't take my eyes off of her, not even once. I was afraid when she was near. Why can't she understand that I can't help her. 

She got bigger and bigger as she came closer. I stood up, not daring to sit down. I backed away when she neared. I ended up with my back against the wall. I couldn't get any further and she came closer and closer. I started to shiver everywhere. I felt cold. "G-go away! I can't help you!" I yelled at her, but obviesly she didn't listen to me. I didn't know where to go. I didn't dare to ran to the door, she was to close. I was afraid that if I ran, she would run after me. I was kind of stocked. I was shivering.

she suddenly sped up towards me and I close my eyes, yelling what was on my mind, "HELP ME....MINHO!!!!" I clenched my fists and got ready to whatever the ghost girl wanted from me. She didn't get to me though. I felt a breeze again and I slowly opened my eyes and saw Minho stand in front of me and blocked so the ghost girl couldn't get to me. "I told you. He can't help you. Don't make him into what you made me into. Get lost!" He said strict and she made a loud sound and faded away. Silence hit the hallway once again. Minho turned to face me, "are you alright." He asked me and I nodded, still shivering a bit. I felt a lot more safe and had calmed more down, when I saw him look at me. I felt down on my knees, with my head hanging. My eyes got teary and the tears dripped down on the ground. 

He kneeled down in front of me, "are you crying?" He carefully asked. I shoke my head a bit, "no..." I said with a shaking voice. I never admitted when I cried. I didn't want people to think I was a crybaby. I've never been so scared before. Every time I see the ghost girl, I get even more scared than last time I saw her. I then felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Minho had placed his hand on my shoulder. I looked confused at him, "you...you can touch people?" I asked confused. He nodded and used his thumb to remove my falling tear. I just looked at him, "I thought ghosts couldn't touch living people.." I was still confused. "The ghost girl touched you once, didn't she." He said, not as a question. I remembered when she tried to drag me to that old door. That was when I started to get informations about Minho. 

I stood up and dried the rest of my tears away with my hands. "I've never been this scared before..." I mumbled. He didn't say anything and just looked at me. I looked at him and continued, "what did you mean by, she shouldn't change me into what she changed you into?" I asked him and he thought about it before he answered, "it was her who turned me into a ghost. She dragged me to that old wooden door and locked me inside the closet. I can't let that happen to you" he said. I felt a bit touched, but was also wondering. Why couldn't that happen to me? Did I have to be alive to help him? Was that the only reason he didn't want me to become like him? Or was it something else? 

I shoke my head, trying to get all those thoughts out of my mind. I must be crazy. "What are you thinking?" He then asked me. I didn't want to tell him what went through my mind, so I told him something else, "I wonder why I acted like that in front of my appa". He looked confused at me, "acted how?" He asked. "I suddenly got angry at him for no reason. He tried to help me and my umma, but I just got angry at him. Do have any idea why?" I asked him, hoping he got an answer. He sighed, "you know, I've followed you to your home before, but I'm not the one bothering your family" he said like I had to know that. "Then who is it?" I asked. "Who do you think it is, if it's not me?" He answered. I thought about it, "the ghosts girl?" I asked and he nodded. "She also found out how to follow you out of the school" he said like a warning. "What about my temper against my appa? Did she do it?" I asked and he nodded again. "How?" I was really wondering how all this could happen and why it happened to me and nobody else. "That the kind of effect she can have on some people. I kind of feel all this is my fault" he said and leaned against the wall.

"What do you mean it your fault?" I asked and he sighed again. "I was the one who chose you to begin with and then she thinks if she get to you first, I'll be the one who will wander around the school forever. You see, we need living people to help us getting alive again. We need a living soul and our own bodies to become alive again. I feel so sorry about this" he said, hanging his head down. I was more confused now, "why do you need my soul? Can't you use someone else?" I asked him. "That's what I'm sorry about. I don't want anyone to live like I do now, so I had to choose someone and I ended up with choosing you because you where the only one who believed in ghosts" he said and looked at me. 

"I didn't believe in ghosts before I saw you" I was so sure about this. I didn't believe in ghosts before. "Maybe you didn't noticed. But only the ones who truly believe in ghosts can see them and nobody else but you could see me. That why I chose you. I couldn't choose someone who didn't believe in me, but you do. And now I regret my decision" he said. "You don't want me to help? I'm confused" I said. "I want you to help. I want to become alive again, but I can't get myself to use you to become alive again", "use me? You just wanted to use me? I said I would help. Why can't I help you? Why can't you use me?" I asked him getting frustrated. "Taemin...." I felt my heart pound when he said my name like that, "...I think I've fallen for you".

 

A: greetings people :D I've finally returned with a new chapter. I really try to keep this up and I've got my wanting to write back. We'll at least some of it. I've started school and that means I can't promise to update more often than I do now, because I'll get busy. Oh well.... I hope you like this chapter and thank you so so so much for keep waiting for me, means a lot :')