What happened?

Ghost Boy

I woke up by someone knocking on my door. Before I even got to say anything, Heechul burst into my room, making me jump and immediately sit up in my bed. "Hey brat! Mom told me to wake you up, since you didn't come down by yourself, like you used to" he said, leaning on the doorframe. I rubbed my eyes and then looked at him, "what time is it?" I asked. "Let's just say you can't eat breakfast" he said, leaving my room and went downstairs. I looked at the clock and immediately got out of my bed, rushing to get clothes on. I was supposed to be in school in 10 minutes. I grabbed my bag, ran downstairs, right to the door and put on my shoes. My mother came to the door, "Taemin ah, don't you want breakfast?" she asked. "I don't have time. I'm going to be late" I said as I stood up, grabbing the doorknob. I ran out the door and ran as fast as I could to get to school on time. 

The bell ran, when I reached the school gate. I ran to the frontdoor, opening it in a hurry and ran down the hallway to my first class. Luckly for me, the teacher wasn't there yet. As I got into the classroom, I supported my hands on my knees, catching for my breath. I walked to my seat, sitting down as the teacher entered the classroom. I was lucky that I got here on time. I yawned. I was really tired and I think I know why. I've only slept around 4 hours because of me staying late at school to meet the ghost. Somehow I found the ghost more importent than the school. It sounded crazy, but I normally didn't pay attention to school anyway. My grades were so-so and could be a lot better, but I found the ghost more exciting, which for me, made more sense. 

I almost slept through the whole lesson. When the bell rang for lunch, I leaved the classroom in a hurry. I knew both Kai and Kibum, would be waiting for me, but I got other plans. I kept thinking about the ghost from yesterday and his looks. I really wanted to find out more about him, so I was heading for the prensibles office, to find some old school papers and maybe get to know more about him. My mind was completely set on him. He was the only thing, I could think about. As I arrived to the prensibles office, I took a deep breath and knocked on the door, opening the door right after. The prensible's secretary looked, at first, confused at me, but then more relaxed. "And what can I help you with?" She asked. I bowed to her and walked closer. "Um...C-could I take a look on some papers about the old students from this school?" I asked, really nervous. She frowned a bit, when she heard my question. "What do you need those for?" She asked me.

I couldn't tell her the truth. I couldn't tell her, that I saw a ghost a few times and he looked like a young boy. Now that I think about it, he wore a school uniform, but I'm not wearing any. Was he really from this school then? Well, he was a ghost after all, maybe he died a long time ago. I've heard, by rumors, that long time ago, this school had school uniforms, but I didn't know if it was true. Then I got a new thing to find out, by looking through the papers. "Please answer my question" she said, making me come back to reality. "Sorry, um...I'm investigating about how the school were long time ago. It's... it's our new homework" I lied. She lifted an eyebrow, looking at me. Did she believe me? Well, I guess she did, because she gave me a copy of the old school papers and said I should go to lunch before the bell rang. I bowed to her and left the office.

Insted of going to lunch, I went down the basement. I know it sounds like it's not the best hiding place, but the truth is, no one have been down there in a very long time. I didn't know the details. I sat down against the wall and opened the folder. Of course the papers didn't look old, because it was a copy, but it wasn't newly made copies though. I looked through all the papers until my attention was caught by a familiar face. An old school journal about the ghost boy I've met. I read the whole journal down to every little single detail.

ID Number: xxxx xxx

Birth Name: Choi Minho

Date of Birth: 1973 - 12 - 09

Birth place: Incheon, South Korea

Heigh: 181cm

Weight: 62kg

Blood Type: B

Date of graduation: Never graduated. 

I kept starring at the words: Never gratuated. How come he never gratuated? Did he die before gratuating? And if that's the case, how did he die? Was he sick? Did someone murder him? Was it an accident? Perhaps he dropped out of school? I had so many questions to him, about himself. 

In the folder I also found an old slip of an article with the headline: 17 year old student disappeared. I read the article, even though it wasn't a long one.

"17 year old student, named Choi Minho, disappeared Thursday night around 11:45PM. His mother, Mrs. Choi, says, Choi Minho went for a walk around 11 o'clock at night and never came back home. The police is working full time to find the missing student, but without any results. Unfortunately there is no witnesses about the missing student. The last sign of the student, was about 10 minutes before he left his house the same night. The student has been missing for almost a week and so far the police think a crime has been committed. The police used dogs to find any sign of the student, but the never got any further than 500 meters away from his home, therefor the police think, the young boy has completely disappeared or near the area of his home, but...."

But what?! The rest of the article was missing. That means, no one know what happened to him, except the boy himself. I looked further in the folder and found a document about the punishment he received, by his behavier. Was he a bad guy? I surely didn't look like it. At that time, in the library, he looked so innocent, when we looked at each other. I looked through the document and most of his punishments were from sneaking down the basement and trying to kick some door open. There were even a picture of the door. It looked old and had lots of scratches on it. The wood looked old too. I lifted my head and looked around. My sight stopped at an very old wood door, only a few meters away from me. It looked like the door on the picture. I stood up, walking to the door. I grabbed the door knob and tried to open the door, but it didn't budge. I tried to push and pull all I could, but no matter what I did, it just wouldn't budge at all. I sighed and then, suddenly,  the light turned off. My heart skipped a beat and I turned around. I could barely see anything. I heard a little girlish giggling. The next time I heard it, it was louder. I looked to the side and saw a little white glowing shape down the hallway. It suddenly disappeared and when it appeared again, it was closer. The little giggle came from that shape. The shape was only a few meters away from me, when a big bright smile and completely round glowing eyes formed on the face of it. My eyes widened and my heart beated faster than ever. It shivered down my back, when the shape, in great speed, neared me and giggling just became louder and louder....

 

A: I'm so sorry for not updating in a while. I'm still fighting with this writer-block, but there is also another reason for not updating in a while. I'm working on my next fanfic which will be uploaded when I'm done with this :)

I want to thank you for you support while I'm dealing with this ^^ It makes it easier for me, thanks you so much!