Everything back to normal

Ghost Boy

I was sitting next to the bed, looking at the sleeping beauty. It has already been a month and he still hasn't shown himself. He said I should trust him and then he just disappears again? He's making it hard for me to trust him. I don't blame him though. I'm just wondering when he'll be back. Last time he disappeared for a whole year. I don't like the thought of waiting for him for a whole year again. I've visited him everyday the last month, hoping he would open his eyes. Kibum already told me about Minho's plan. After hearing it, I understood why the ghost girl woke up and then died. It was her time to move on and go to the afterlife. She had finaly understood that.

(Flashback)

"Minho please! Wake up!" I was crying next to the bed, looking at the sleeping body, not listening to my words. "Taemin, please stop and hear me out!" Kibum tried to calm me down. I didn't listen though. After what I saw in the news, I was afraid that same would happen to Minho. I didn't want to lose him. His soul was gone and his body in the hospital. I felt hopeless. I couldn't do anything.

Kibum grabbed me and removed me from the bed. Of course I refused. I didn't want to leave his side, but I didn't have a choice when Kibum suddenly slapped me. "Listen to me!" He yelled and finaly caught my attention. "Taemin. Minho had a plan, remember?" He asked me and I slowly nodded. Kibum sighed, "he told me about it. I promised not to tell you, but I can't stand seeing you like this" He let go of me and I bumped downn on a chair, taking deep breaths to calm myself.

"Taemin..." Kibum started to explain and I did my best to listen to him, without paying attention to the sleeping body. "The year when Minho was gone. He didn't go because he was mad at you. He went because he would try to convince the ghost girl to help him, but she wouldn't listen" he said. I looked over at the body, sighing. What exactly did you plan? I asked myself.

Kibum then continued and I focused on him again. "The fact that the ghost girl was still alive, Minho already knew about that. He just didn't know where her body was and that's way he was gone for so long. He tried to find her body. Not only in hospitals, but at graveyards too". So Minho had planned this even before he disappeared? I couldn't believe he didn't tell me. I would've understood. Instead I felt like I was left alone.

"When he finaly found her body, a year had already passed. When he returned, the ghost girl got to you first and left you inside the closet. When he were about to find me to tell me about it, he met the ghost girl and told her everything he knew about her and where her body was. He showed her and somehow it worked. The ghost girl cried and finaly understood there was nothing left for her and she had to move on". I had calmed myself. I felt sorry for not believing in him. He did all this to help me.

I looked at kibum, "then how did the ghost girl become alive again? Her body wasn't in the closet" I said, wanting to know. Kibum sighed, "because she realised she had to move on, she could let go and return to her body and die properly" he said. "Then what about Minho?" I asked. "He's trying almost the same method" he said. I felt the tears press on again, "does that mean, he'll..." Kibum interrupted me right away. "Taemin relaxe. I said almost the same method. The difference is now that the closet is broken and the one who made him become like that moved on, he could give it a try to return to his body, but..." he paused.

"But what? He will return right? Right?" I sounded more and more eager to hear an yes from Kibum, but he hesitated. I grabbed his arm, "Kibum!" I begged him. Kibum sighed and looked at me, "Taemin...it's not sure if he'll ever wake up. The method he's trying takes time and he has to travel to heaven and return, but if he doesn't return...he'll never wake up" He sounded serious on the last words. Then does this mean...There is a chance Minho won't wake up?

I looked at the body and felt the tears press on. I stood up and slowly neared the bed the body was laying on. I looked at him and took his hand, holding it in mind. I sat down beside him and hold his hand with both of mine. I begged in my heart that he would return. I promised myself I would wait for him everyday until he returned.

(End of flashback)

The door opened and I looked behind me to find Kibum, holding the hand of his new boyfriend. "Hi Taeminie. How is he?" He asked with a smile on his face. "Like always. Sleeping peacefully" I answered. Kibum's smile dropped a bit, "still no sign of him waking up?" he asked and I just shoke my head. I looked back at the body and Kibum sighed. "This won't do. Taemin you're coming with us" he said and dragged me of the chair. "Where are we going?" I asked.

He looked at me, "You can't sit here 24/7 until he wakes up. You have to get out, meet friends and family. I talked to your mother. She misses you" he said. I did feel bad for not being home so much, but I wouldn't leave Minho's side. "I can't just.." Kibum cut me off, "please Taemin! I beg you. It's soooo awkward between me and Kai. You have to hang out with us again. Serisously we don't talk about anything doing lunch time. I feel bad for him because I got Jonghyun to talk to and he has no one, because you're not there. We eat lunch together, but we never talk about anything. It's like hell". He just kept one complaining, like always.

I did feel bad for not having contact with any of them, but I couldn't get myself to return to my normal life when Minho was laying here, with the possibility of waking up anytime. "Kibum I promise, I'll return to my normal self, when Minho wakes up" I promised him. He just pouted at me. "That could take forever Taemin. If he wakes up, he'll do it even if you're not here when it happens" he said, still complaining about my choice of staying.

"I know, but I want to be here when it happens. I want to be the first one he sees" I said. Kibum sighed once again, "I guess no matter what I say, it won't help, right?" He asked and I nodded. I could see by his expression, that he gave up. "Fine then. We'll be going. Promise me to eat properly though" he said and just nodded, silently promising him. I hadn't had the best meals in the world and not a lot of it either. You could say I only ate what I needed to survive.

Kibum left the hospital together with Jonghyun. I, of course, stayed behind, watching Minho's body silently. "Please Minho..." I whispered in laid my head down on the bed, "..I miss your voice". I closed my eyes aand before I knew it, I was alseep. My mind was filled with my time with Minho when he was a ghost. Most of the time was in the hallway. I dreamt of when he showed in my room for the first time. I was scared that time. Is was also in my room, he gave me the kiss which felt like a cold breeze.

I felt his hand my hair. I looked at him and he at me. He was smiling. His touch felt so real. I really wished the dream became true. I wanted to feel his touch. I wanted to feel his warm embrace. I wanted to feel his lips on mine. The deep hearted wishes turned into tears rolling down my cheek in my sleep. How much longer did I have to wait.

I opened my eyes. I sat up, robbing my eyes, "How long have I slept?" I asked no one. "That depents on when you fell asleep" I heard, for my surprise, someone answer. I immediatly reconised the voice. I turned my head and looked at him. I found myself looking into dark beautyful eyes, which was looking right back at me. He smiled, making his whole face sparkle in front of me. This wasn't a dream, right? I was sure I was awake.

"Do you know you talk in your sleep?" He then asked me and tears rolled down my cheeks. "Minho!" I said out loud and hugged him right away. Without hesitating he hugged me back. "You're really awake?" I just asked and felt he nodded. "I am. I always wanted to feel your hug" he said and hugged me tighter. We parted and looked at each other. I made sure to look all over his face, making sure I wasn't dreaming. He my cheek softly. "Besides there was something I forgot to tell you" he said. i looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "I love you Lee Taemin" he said and a big bright smile appeared on my face. He placed his hand on my neck and our lips met in the warm sweet kiss I've been waiting for.

He was finally awake. I forgave him for being apart from me for a year. Just the though of spending the rest of my life together with him, was reason enough. As I promisedd Kibum. Everything went back to normal, when I returned to school. Minho started school again. It became less awkward between Kibum and Kai. Minho got reunited with his family. His mother was about to die in tears when she was him. She though he was dead. He told her everything, but she didn't quite believe him. Well, it was hard to believe anyway. I'm just happy I believed in him. That's my story of how I met my Ghost Boy.

 

The End

 

Author's last words:

I decided to end this fic right away after my last update. This has been the longest writing process I've ever made on my fanfictions. And the worst part is, it's not even the longest fanfictions I've made. I guess I lost hope for this story, but because you wanted more of it, I decided to finish it.

As mentioned before, my next fanfiction will not be uploaded before I finish writing it. This means I can update everyday, when the new fanfiction is written. I haven't decided on it yet, but I hope you'll look forward to it and thanks for every single one of you for reading Ghost Boy to the end :D

See you next time (^.^) v