I know what I want

Ghost Boy

The sun shined through my window as I opened my eyes to find myself sleeping upon my blanket fully dressed. How odd. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. My hand slide down my face to my lips. I carefully touched them. The cold breeze was gone. The heart pounding was gone. The heat in my cheeks was gone. He was gone. I looked around in my room. He wasn't there. I sat alone in my room. Was last night a dream? It couldn't have been...could it? It felt so real. 

I broke out of my thoughts by my phone ringing. I picked up, "Taemin ah. Are you ready?" I heard Kibum in the other end. "Ready?" I asked scrathing my head. "The spiritual media? Today? Do you recall?" he asked. Oh right. The media. I totally forgot. "I'm on my way. I'll meet you there" I said and hung up. I changed my clothes in a hurry. Today was the day. I would finally get rid of any contact with the spiritual world. 

I ran down the stairs and out the front door. No matter what happened last night, I wouldn't have anything to do with that world. This was the right choice...right? I ran down the street to meet with Kibum. He greeted me with his usual smiling face. Even though, I could feel he didn't like this. I don't know why he wanted me to be a part of that world. Anyway it's my choice and I know what I want...right? 

We reached the spiritual media's office. Somehow my heart beated faster. I guess I was feeling nervous. Well, no kidding. I've never done something like this before. "This place gives me the kreeps. Are you sure you wanna do this?" Kibum asked turning to me. "You can't change my mind no matter what" I wouldn't back out now. If I did, I would be a coward. Kibum sighed, "I just think you'll regret this" he said and opened the door. 

There was pretty dark inside. There were only a few dimmed lights. "Welcome" someone by a round table said. Both Kibum and I looked at each other before looking at the lady at the table. "What brings you here?" She asked. Kibum pushed me forward. I guess he wanted me to say it. "Eh..I'm Lee Taemin and - ", "- You got a problem with a ghost?" She interupted me. How did she know? "Y-yes" I answered nervously. "Don't be afraid. I'll help you" she said and pointed at another chair in front of the table, "have a seat". 

I sat down, still pretty nervous. Kibum stood by my side. "Tell me about your problem" she said. I gulped before answering. "I attend this school and then a few days ago, I had to stay late at school to finish homework, when I heard noices. I saw books flying and heard steps follow me and then..." I paused. Minho was all over my mind at that moment. My heart was pounding. "You saw him, didn't you?" she then asked. I looked surprised at her. She knew? "How did you..?" I was confused. "Oh dear. I'm a spiritual media. I have a lot of customers who has seen ghosts and want to get rid of them" she said. 

She reached her hand for me, "take my hand and I'll try to get n contact with that ghost" she said and I carefully grabbed her hand. She closed her eyes and silence filled the room. Then she started to ask questions, "where are you?...What's your name?...What is your realtion with this boy?" she asked those questions. Silence filled the room once again. She then opened her eyes and looked at me. "It looks like we have a speciel one this time" she said. I looked confused at Kibum who looked just as confused. I looked back at the lady. "What does that mean?" I asked.

She let go of my hands and leaned back in her chair. "This Minho had developed feelings for you" she said. My heart skipped a beat when she said his name. She's good. Come on, focus. "How..how do i get rid of him? He's bothering me" I said. She leaned forward again, "I can make a barrier around you, which prevent ghosts to get in contact with you again. But you have to really want this, because once the barrier is made, there is no turning back" she said. I took a deep breath and looked at Kibum. He looked at me and shook his head. He still didn't want me to do this.

I looked back at the lady. "I truly want this" I said. She then suddenly put her hand on her head, like she was in pain. "Is something wrong?" Kibum asked looking worried. She took a deep breath and sat up straight, "it's nothing" she said and looked at me. "This Minho boy wants to say something to you, before you do this" she said. I got surprised. Was he here? He can't be. "No! I don't want to talk to him. He wants me to change my mind, but I won't" I said. She nodded, "very well then. Give me your hands" she said and reached for my hands. I grabbed hers, wanting to get this over with. 

She closed her eyes and told me to take deep breaths and focus on making a barrier around myself. I tried me best. I closed my eyes and tried to focus. I took a deep breath and focused on the barrier. I suddenly felt like someone was looking at me. I felt kind of sad. I peeked with one of my eyes and opened both in surprise by seeing Minho stand by the wall, looking at me with his sad face. I gulped and lost focus. Why did he had to appear right now? I closed my eyes and tried to focus, but all I thought about was Minho standing in the same room as me when I tried to get rid of him.

"This won't do" the lady suddenly said and let go of my hands. I looked confused at her, "wait what?" I asked confused. She looked at me, "you can't consentrade on making the barrier. It's obvious you don't want this" she said. I denied all she said, "no I want this! I do" I tried to convince her. She shook her head, "I know he's in here. He's begging you to stop. You don't want this" she said. "I know what I want. He's tricking you" I said. She shook her head once again. "You have feelings for him as well, am I right?" She asked and I turned silent. My heart was pounding. I felt the heat in my cheeks, "I..I.." I couldn't say anything. I looked up at Minho who was still standing by the wall. He looked kind of confused and surprised at me. He heard it all. 

"I'm sorry. I can't do anything about it. As long you don't truly want this, I can't help you" she said. I looked at her and nodded, "I understand" I said. I peeked over at Minho. He looked kind of happy and like he felt sorry for me. I sighed and bowed to the lady before leaving with Kibum. Outside the office I stood against the wall leaning back. Kibum looked at me, "so..you were sure about this, huh?" He said like he knew I didn't want this. I looked at him, "I don't know what this is. When I saw Minho stand in there I just...I felt like I didnt want to lose him. I think I'm going crazy" I said. "No you're not. You're just falling in love. That's all" he said.

We were on our way home. He didn't know what he was talking about. Falling in love? He's out of his mind. I admit I do feel something about Minho, but I wouldn't call it love. At least I didn't feel sorry about him anymore. Well..not as much as before. I felt a bit sorry for him about wanting to forget him. My pulse was slowly getting back to normal again. I became more calm as I thought about I didn't have to go through all of this. "You know what? You were right" I said as we walked. "About what?" He asked. "About regretting it later. I didn't even do it, but even now I regret just thinking about doing it" I said. "I'm sorry about that", "it's not me you should feel sorry against. Talk to him tonight" he said and our ways parted. 

When I got home, I walked to my room and laid down on my bed. I guess I should apologise to him. And at least forgive him. I know he thought about doing at bad thing against me, but he didn't do it and that is what counts. Now thinking about it, I really wanted to help him coming back to live again. But it requires a living soul. Where am I supposed to find someone like that? There was something that chrused my mind. Minho was a living soul, but the ghost girl was a real ghost. A dead person. How come she didn't got over to the afterlife? What happened if we help her getting over to the afterlife? Would she proberly help us some way. Many thoughts about it chrused my mind. I had to tell Minho. Maybe I was on the right track.