Direct To The Point

Poems and Prose

 

I always see to it that I tell my friends the things I like and I don't like about them. Because I don't want to act like it's okay even if it's not. I don't want to pretend that nothing's wrong when there's actually something going on and it's already killing me. I don't want to say that it's fine when I'm actually hurt. So we usually have an open forum. You know, to clear things up.

Playing it off was my thing. And I'm best at pretending too. But only to myself. When it comes to other people especially to my friends, I already learned the art of being true and prank at what I feel and think. I tend to be open and vocal. The reason? Simply because I don't want to be plastic to them. And at the same way, I also don't want them to be plastic to me. So I encourage them to approach and tell me what they like or don't like about me. So that I'm aware of what I did. If ever there's something I did that they don't like then at least I could do something about it. Improve myself, correct errors of my attitude or actions. Or at least say sorry if I've ever hurt someone.

I just don't want to be in a friendship where you're keeping things from each other. you know, acting like you're okay with that person when actually inside of you you're keeping something, hatred, etc. Tell me, does that make sense? Does that make you comfortable? You think you're  being real with your 'friend' and especially to yourself?

If you can't open these things up with your friend then maybe there's something wrong with your relationship. I mean, that's the least and simplest thing in a relationship. Being able to be open and trust one another knowing that the latter would be able to understand you.