Unrequited Dream

Poems and Prose

 

I have this frustration as a Kpop fan. Ever since I was a kid, I always dreamed of being an artist. Singing, dancing, acting and hosting. I’ve tried enhancing this when I was in high school. But I know, I’m really not that blessed with those talents. But I’m also always trying to do my best. And I’m happy that at some point I got praised and received some complements. But when I got into Kpop, that’s when I really felt the urge of becoming one - an Idol. Imagine how it feels like to be performing on stage, showing off what you’ve got, having a lot of supporters around the world. Sometimes when I watch an MV or a live performance, I always think, ‘What if I’m the one dancing and singing like that?’, ‘What if I’m the one standing on that stage?’. And everything was just a ‘What if…’.

Maybe if I had a proper workshop or if I was given the chance to train and enhance what I have, then I’ll be one of the Idols right now. I won’t say that I can’t do whatever they’re doing right now. I can. I was just not given a chance to.

But I don’t have hurt feelings about it. I understand how life is. And I’m happy to be just a fan and see my Idols perform on stage. I’m happy by just supporting them. To see them perform on stage ad live the life I couldn’t  have, live the dream they’ve worked hard to attain is enough to make happy.