Identity Crisis

Monster's Wings

 

 

monster's wings

 


 


Kangin had to leave shortly he arrived as he had super regenerative healing system. Due to the fact that he was a... I shuddered. Werewolf.



To my surprise a bruise had slowly formed at my throat area and it was starting to hurt when I tried to talk.



I am also still somewhat shaken by the sudden voice of Kangin in my head earlier.



It has also seemed as if Hyukjae knew about it and quickly break our eye contact earlier.



Could that be possible?



Teuk had chased all except Hyukjae (apparently he is impossible to be chased away) away earlier and I sat in a bed that was beside a sound asleep Sungmin, trying to comprehend the earlier incidents.



I also wondered why was Hyukjae so attentive to me.



We were just roommates and school mates after all.



'Do you want to continue resting here or go back to our room?' Hyukjae asked.



'I want to wait till after Sungmin awakes. Aren’t you worried about him?'



'No.'



'No? It is all because of you that he ended up in this state!' I was shocked by how cold he seemed to be.



I don’t care if he was the student president or whatever. Someone was injured while trying to help him and he was not even concerned. If not for Sungmin who knew what he would have done to Kangin and what punishment would he have gotten himself into and why am I thinking so much of what would happen to him?!



'For Evolvers, every power drain is a good chance to recharge and to have a chance of gaining a power boost. This turned out well for him.' He said, cutting off my strange sudden thoughts.



'I don’t know what you are saying. All I know is that he is your friend. You should be at least concerned for him.'



'He is not my friend, Hae.' He blinked emotionlessly as he said.



I furrowed my brows together and looked at him in disbelief, 'What do you mean? You guys sat together talked together and he helped you. Friends do that. How could you say yo-'



'Elites are seldom friends with Evolvers. This is a fact.'



'Can you tell me something that I can actually understand?' I flapped my arms dramatically in exasperation.



He sighed audibly and muttered, 'What power is that exactly. You actually forgot everything.'



'What? What did I forget?' I snapped.



He continued in that oh-so-annoyingly-calm voice, which made me felt like I was overreacting over everything.

 

'Creatures like shifters as well as the vampires and faes and types like that are considered as Elites. Whereas creatures like Sungmin and Ryewook who only has human form are just Evolvers. And the implied hierarchy rank will always be Elites on top.'



'Why is this so unfair? Who made all these up? So what you are saying it’s like two gangs. Water and fire. They never mix together?'



'Yes. Basically.'



'So what am I?'



He started to draw near to me and whispered close to my face.



'You... Are different. You just don’t know it yet.'



'No! I am not a monster!' I blurted in a panic.

 

'Actually I am very amazed that even without training, you can still read Kangin's mind.' He cocked a brow at me with an evil looking smirk on his handsome face.



So he really knew.



'H-how did you know I read his mind?'



'I just know. Are you surprised? His thoughts are actually much kinder than the image he projects outwardly.' He smiled.



Thinking back. I realised he was right. His voice in my head was not loud not taunting. And he was worried that he gave himself away (?), whatever that means. What I had heard in his head was definitely something I never would had expected from a guy like him.



I mean come on. He tried to strangle me!



I paused in the midst of my own thoughts as I realized another daunting fact.



Looking back at Hyukjae I asked suspiciously, 'And how would you know how his mind works?'



He smirked, 'Like you. I can read minds.'

 

Gee…Thanks for making me feel so common.

 

Wait.

 

Does this mean… He can read me?

 

---