Memory Lapse

Monster's Wings

 

 

monster's wings


 

 

Donghae’s POV

 

So, I was pretty much in awe of Weird Boy’s icy powers.

 

In the cafeteria I grabbed a glass of water and sat next to him with a grin.

 

He merely looked at the glass of water, and to me, then back to the water.

 

‘Ice water! Can you?’ I asked excitedly.

 

He shook his head, ‘Never done this before.’

 

But he placed his hand on the glass of water as I looked intently at it.

 

Expecting the water to turn ice cool, and already planning for ways to use his powers (mainly to prank on Hyukjae just to break that cool exterior of his down and embarrass him HOHOHOHOHOHOHO EVIL LAUGH).

 

I watched as Weird Boy did his trick and my jaw dropped at what I saw.

 

The glass of water turned into a freaking  block of ice.

 

I meant like… Even the glass turned to a block of ice.

 

Uhm….

 

‘Oh, wow. This is cool too I guess.’ I murmured in a daze, staring at the ‘ice sculpture’ which used to be a glass of water.

 

Weird Boy hid his hands under the table, ‘I hate my powers. It’s useless.’

 

‘NO!’ I whipped around to face him, ‘Don’t say that!’

 

He merely shook his head and stared at his hands in his lap.

 

I frowned, not know what to say to comfort him. The sparkle I saw in his eyes earlier gone.

 

It’s not useless. Why did he look like he really hated his powers?

 

I turned over and glared sharply at the block of ice. Suddenly furious.

 

Why couldn’t it just behave properly? I just want the water to be cool that’s all, there’s no need to make the entire damn thing into ice.

 

I just want ice cool water in a damn ing glass!

 

Weird Boy murmured beside me as I froze on my seat.

 

We were both witnessing the ice melting away rapidly. Droplets forming on the block of ice, rolling down one by one, soon the ice melted away.

 

Revealing the glass once again, the water…

 

I reached forward to hold the glass of water.

 

Ice cool water.

 

I dropped the glass to the ground and looked up to meet with Weird Boy’s widened eyes and opened mouth.

 

‘D-did you… What happened? Did you do something to it?’ Weird Boy uttered.

 

‘What happened? Did you hurt yourself Hae Hae?’ Someone rushed to our side and he began rambling beside my ear.

 

I shook my head.

 

‘Wookie… He… He… I think he melted my ice. He melted my ice.’ Weird Boy stood up, ‘I knew he’s weird the first time I saw him.’

 

Hey hello! Weird Boy who are you calling WEIRD?

 

‘Hae Hae is the most powerful! Of course he can melt your ice aish what’s the big deal? Come on Hae, I grabbed some pies for you too.’ Wookie shoved a plate right at me and moved to push Weird Boy to sit beside him.

 

Flicking my gaze to the shattered glass of water on the ground, I wondered if I really did melt Weird Boy’s ice.

 

But…

 

What did I do?

 

‘Hae, stop thinking about it.’ A low calm voice came from the back, a hand on my shoulder and I was immediately snapped out of my confusion. Feeling peaceful and calm all of a sudden.

 

Sungmin quickly pulled a chair to sit beside me. Hand still on my shoulders.

 

‘Shall we eat? We don’t have much time left before our class starts.’ He smiled softly as I nodded.

 

However, I did not fail to notice that he seemed to be studying me closely before he slowly took his hand off my shoulders as we began eating.

 

He told me to stop thinking? Think about what?

 

Just then, from the corner of my vision I saw broken glasses on the ground and I wondered briefly why were there broken pieces there.  

 

Why didn’t anyone clear up those mess and who the hell dropped the glass of water and didn’t bother clearing it up.

 

I shifted my feet away from the puddle of water and began eating my pies.

 

---