Encounters

There's No One Like YOU

"Oh! Hi Zelo!"

Eunsung paused before her eyes went a little wider than usual. Of course she had always wanted to attempt to know the guy but she never intended for him to 'meet' her like this and worse, knowing her fear. It was hardly a secret but the girl never liked people knowing too much because that meant anyone would have the ability to hurt her. 

"I'm sorry sunbae," she apologised, lowering her head politely hoping to get the hell out of there. Forget talking to him - she just wanted to leave. Maybe she could if she was fast enough and-

Zelo chuckled in amusement, hiding his mouth behind his hand and ruffled the girl's hair fondly, "No need with the politeness. We're in the same year right?" 

Eunsung's thoughts were cut off sharp. Forget leaving now. 

"Y-yes!" she stuttered before grimacing at the sound of her voice. This had to be by far the worst way to meet your crush ever. If it wasn't evident that she was a silly little school girl who had a crush before, she was sure it was now 101% clear.

"Cool, well I've got to go now so I'll see you later!" Zelo replied bending over to grab his bag off the bench before exiting the room. As soon as he got outside the room, he glanced back in the translucent window at the side of the dance studio to look at the girl once again, "That's funny - we're in the same year but I've never seen her before..." He shook his head with a smile as if pushing the thoughts out before continuing his journey home. 

When he had left, Jihyun snorted and mimicked her friend's words, "Y-yes!"

Eunsung glared at her friend and smacked her arm unhappily, "Shut up!"

"Well hey at least you made an outstanding first impression!" 

Eunsung threw the sponge at her.

 

 

The next day the twelve boys were transferring to SM High and the house was to say the least, chaotic.

"Guys! Have you seen my tie?!" 

"Baekhyun you're not wearing those sunglasses to school!"

"Kris why are you taking so long in the bathroom?! I need the loo!!"

"Stop rushing me! You can wait!"

"HEY CAN YOU ALL HURRY DOWN BECAUSE BREAKFAST IS READY AND SCHOOL STARTS IN FIFTEEN MINUTES!"

"But I need to pee!"

"I can't find my tie!"

"Hyung!!!"

Sehun looked up from his plate of scrambled eggs, bacon and toast and turned around to look at the pure mess behind him, that was sadly his friends. They were running around in all sorts of directions, bags dumped on the floor and shoes scattered around almost creating a landmine site.

"If we even manage to leave the house I'm gonna be so surprised," Kyungsoo muttered, scowling upon seeing his clean floor so messy. Suho and Sehun, being the only other two that were ready and already eating were nodding their heads in agreement. 

 

Fifteen drastically long minutes later found them by the gates of SM High School. Chanyeol was helping Suho fix his tie and vice versa. This just looks like a normal high school. Nothing any better than Heo Sang, Sehun thought upon seeing the building's exterior. He had little hopes for this school already but didn't say anything. After all they say 'never judge a book by its cover.'

"Let's go guys!" Tao said, running ahead of the others.

"Hey Tao why are you running?" Kris asked.

"Because we're gonna be late to class!" 

"And?" Xiumin commented.

"Get back in line. We've got to keep our formation," Kai told him. Tao scrambled back to his spot. EXO walked in a perfect 'V' line in the order from the left: D.O, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai, Sehun, Suho, Kris, Luhan, Lay, Chen, Tao, Xiumin. As they walked through the corridors of SM High, some female students swooned while others gaped - even the male students were jealous of their stunning appearances. Their entrance walk was one hell of an entrance walk. 

Upon reaching the classroom, they were told to stand at the front and greet their new classmates.

"Alright we have 12 new students joining us today. Please introduce yourselves," Mr Park announced, looking over to the newcomers expectantly. One by one, the boys introduced themselves individually.

"Okay nice introduction from you all. Please take your seats at the back," Mr Park told them. The boys made their way to the empty desks and immediately all the girls hurried to move their own desks closer to them. They were literally drooling over their looks. Sehun sighed heavily as he sat down, only to have a couple of girls move closer to him as well.

He turned his head to look at them, "Did you come here to study or to stare at people?" His words caused the girls to lower their heads in shame and move away from him. Really... these students probably don't learn a thing. I knew this school was going to be rubbish. He looked over at his friends who were chatting away with the girls. The girls had all left him, which was a good thing, Sehun preferred this a lot more anyway. Finally, peace. 

 

"EXO!!" a line of girls screamed deafeningly before running down the corridors. One introduction and the day had barely even started when the boys had already made this much of an impact. It was something quite extraordinary. Eunsung, who was heading off to her next lesson, saw this sight but oblivious to the new students' arrival (as she hadn't had any classes with them), shrugged it off and continued to walk. Just as she was about to exit the building to turn into the one opposite, she saw a male student pacing up and down the corridor with a frustrated expression on his face. From what she saw, he honestly looked lost. 

Instead of ignoring him and walking on like most students would've, she made her way over and stopped in front of him, "Excuse me, do you need any help?" 

"No."

"Are you new here?" 

"Yes."

Awkwardness filled up the air - his replies were so short that the girl didn't or more like couldn't find anything to say back.  

"Umm.. I'm Han Eunsung," she introduced holding out her hand to try and dispel the awkward tension arising. 

"Oh Sehun," came the response and he looked back down the corridor to continue to search for his new classroom. The girl looked up at him and slowly dropped her hand back to her side, realising that he wasn't going to shake it. Ouch, the rejection.

She hesitated before asking, "So Sehun where is your next class?" 

"Why do you care?" he said unexpectedly, catching her off-guard. Sehun finally looked at her and when her eyes met his, she was struck dumb. Never had she seen someone's eyes so empty... he was there with her but yet at the same time those beautiful orbs never seemed any more distant. 

Struggling, she still managed to form a reply, "I'm sorry?" She didn't mean to sound prying and rude but she simply wanted to give a helping hand. 

"You go your way and I'll go mine," he muttered coldly before brushing past her shoulder. In any other situation, Eunsung would've scoffed and wondered why the hell she even bothered helping someone with an attitude like that, but somehow this time it was different. She watched his retreating figure and she realised that she never felt more hurt watching someone - no, it wasn't the hurt she felt when he walked past her; it was the strange stinging that coursed through her when she saw those cold eyes. 

After a few minutes of being too caught up in her own thoughts, she snapped out of it and decided that she really needed to get going to class. Greeting a few familiar faces along the way, she sat down in her seat and took out her notes. 

Miss Chae came in shortly afterwards, wiping the whiteboard before scribbling the date, "Okay everyone listen up! We have a new student with us today. Please introduce yourself."

"I'm Oh Sehun." Eunsung sat up when she heard the familiar voice and name, hoping that he would say more.

But, there was nothing else.

Even Miss Chae looked confused at the brief sentence, "Err.. okay then. Well Sehun, you can sit in the seat next to Eunsung." She gave a small wave but he ignored her, heading straight for his seat. For the rest of the lesson, Miss Chae droned on and for some reason, it was harder to focus than usual. Instead she stole a peek at Sehun, who just looked on ahead, listening to Miss Chae carefully.

Unconsciously, she kept looking at his eyes - there was just something about them that made her draw her attention to him. It was as if he had been through so much for so long. Eunsung didn't feel pity for the boy at all, no that was definitely far from what she felt - she wanted to help. From a young age, she had been taught to help those in need and being so accustomed to it, she felt the need to do the same for Sehun. 

I don't exactly know what you've been through but I'll try to help you from now on. Don't worry Sehun, I'll be there for you, I promise. 


♥ AUTHOR'S NOTE;

EXO have transferred schools (aren't they cute getting ready for school LMFAO) and the main characters have finally met! \o/

The 'v-line walk' was inspired by a kdrama I watched haha wow okay bye