Discoveries

There's No One Like YOU

It was another typical morning where Eunsung would get onto the bus, show her card to the driver before plopping into a random free seat and sticking her earphones in so that no one could disturb her. She was resting her head on the window when she felt movement on her right and so she glanced over, expecting a stranger sitting beside her but instead, she got a sight of the familiar brown hair.

She looked away once before doing a double take to confirm that yes, Sehun was sitting right next to her. He looked as if he had just got out of bed - his fringe falling into his eyes and slightly tousled but somehow it looked so right on Sehun, Eunsung noted.

"Morning," she said, pulling her right earphone out so she could greet him properly without feeling rude.

"Mhm," Sehun hummed back in response.

For the rest of the journey, it was pretty much silent which Eunsung had already expected and was accustomed to by now. She didn't mind that Sehun didn't speak much to her because she had somehow grown comfortable with it over the weeks. Of course she did hope that one day he would speak more to her, but for now she didn't find it so important.

As she was thinking this whilst looking out the window, watching the scenery of trees flash by, Sehun took her right earphone and put it in his own ear. Eunsung was surprised by this but didn't say anything. 

"Give me your phone," he demanded putting the palm of his hand in front of her. The girl blinked several times before passing the said device to the latter - she didn't really like it when people touched her phone but curious to what Sehun was looking for, she gave it without much fuss. But when she tried to look at the phone screen, Sehun would shield it away from her and continue typing.

"You better not be texting people on my phone," she said irritably, her eyebrows creasing. Why was he taking so long to type? Sighing as an indication of giving up, Eunsung just looked out of the window, resting her head on the window pane. It wasn't until the sight of the school came into view and the two hopped off the bus that Sehun passed the phone back to Eunsung. 

"What did you do on my phone?" she asked whilst quickly looking through all her folders in her phone. 

Sehun shook his head with amusement evident in his eyes, "You'll find out soon." With that said, he walked off with his hands in his blazer pockets.

Eunsung groaned whilst clutching her phone tightly. What was that supposed to mean?

 

"Okay everyone the new task is to raise money for the school fund!" Mr Park clapped his hands, seeming far too excited for it than the rest of the students, "Well don't all come running to me at once." He finished off sarcastically seeing the unbothered faces around the room.

"You didn't explain it fully so why would we be excited?" Kris deadpanned making a rather valid point.

Mr Park cleared his throat, "Well I was planning to leave that option open to you guys since you're old enough to work out how you want to go about this. How do you think you can raise a sufficient amount of money using the resources and members in your team?" Mr Park seemed to be hinting at something judging from the tone of his voice and Eunsung seemed to catch on first.

"I have a suggestion," the girl quipped, raising her hand and after receiving a confirmative nod from Mr Park she spoke, "Well I was thinking that since Kai is really talented in dancing, we could maybe open a dance stall." She gave a side glance to Kai who seemed to smile wholeheartedly at her as if appreciating the suggestion.

"Oh oh! And Zelo can be his partner too!" Haera exclaimed happily, snapping her fingers together. It was clear that she didn't sense or know the situation between the two groups - Eunsung was also unaware of this fact however, she could sense the tension in the room. There was an awkward pause for a while in which everyone (excluding Haera) cast glances at the two mentioned boys before Mr Park erupted in an endless applaud, "Exactly! That's the team spirit!"

"Umm... so what do we do?" Kris asked, gesturing to himself and the other three. 

"Well of course there has to be members attracting the people over to the stall and not to mention, money collectors."

"So we'll do two and two," Haera responded, "Kris and Sehun can attract the people over and Eunsung and I can collect the money." 

"Cool, so it's settled," Mr Park said stacking his papers together, "Now this event is in the afternoon - do you think you could both pull together a dance routine in that time?" 

"Sure," came Zelo's reply while Kai mumbled incoherently. Eunsung bit her lip, all the while wondering why the two seemed so stiff with each other and what she could do to fix it.

"We'll go and think up something now actually," Kai said standing up and turning his iPod on.

"Of course you go do that while I tell the rest of the team what their duties are," Mr Park nodded and started telling the rest of the group how they couldn't walk off at any point of the day and other obvious rules. 

"Do you find something weird with those two?" Eunsung whispered to Haera nodding her head in the direction of the two dancing boys. Kai and Zelo were performing a partner dance together but for some reason it seemed as if they were doing solos instead. Kai was on the floor tapping to the beat of the music whilst Zelo was working on some footwork. 

Haera looked over to the two, a smile forming on her face, "Nope not at all, why do you?" 

Eunsung paused before she laughed, shaking her head, "I must be thinking too much..." But deep down inside she knew that there was something wrong. That's why she decided to go and speak to them both.

"Hey guys, how's everything coming along?"

"Okay," they both chorused all too quickly. 

She took a sharp intake of breath before forming her next words, "Listen, I can tell that you both don't want to do this and I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for suggesting this idea to Mr Park, I should've checked with you guys if it was okay at first."

"No no it's not your fault!" Zelo waved his hands dismissively. So there is a problem with them...

"Anyway I wanted to know if I could do anything to help?"

"Stand in for me?" Kai joked, grinning widely, "Actually I do have something you could help with... it's sort of a request but I'll tell you after this - is that okay?"

"Yeah that's fine - actually I'm more than glad that I can help you out. What about you Zelo?" 

"Oh me?" Zelo thought for a while, "Uhhh to be honest I can't think of anything I need help with right now. You don't have to do any favours for me I guess haha." 

"Well then you should keep it - it might come in handy one day," Eunsung said, "Alright I'll leave you both to work on it then."

"She's right," Kai breathed out a while later after she left, "If even she can tell that there's something wrong with us then our dancing must be chaotic. I could feel the stiffness in our partner dance moves and it's been frustrating me to the core."

Zelo nodded, "You're absolutely right. Look, I know our groups have their thing going on but can we just put that all to one side and just focus on this for now and we can go hating each other again afterwards?" 

"That must be the weirdest question I've ever heard before," Kai raised his eyebrow but agreed to it anyway. 

Needless say, the fund raising was a success that day.

"Eunsung!" Kai came running up to the said person as she was walking towards the bus stop.

"Oh Kai, what's wrong?" 

"The request I had earlier - I thought I should tell you now," he said smiling brightly and when the girl tilted her head to one side to encourage him to continue speaking, he did, "Come ice skating with us tomorrow! I want you to meet the rest of our group."

Eunsung furrowed her eyebrows before she laughed, "That's your favour Kai?" 

"Yes? Well actually...there's something else to it sort of.. you see the problem is that we can never seem to get Sehun to come out with us and I just thought that maybe...maybe you could?"

Eunsung smiled at him, "I'll try and see what I can do." 

"I know that it's difficult and I shouldn't be asking such a request but for some reason Luhan mentioned something about you to me the other day and I just thought that maybe..." Kai stopped before he got too carried away, "Anyway, I'm glad that you're helping me. Thanks." 

"I wanted to help, remember?" 

"Right, and my house is this way so I'll talk to you... wait Eunsung, let's exchange numbers," Kai whipped out his phone, already scrolling to the contacts list. The girl pulled out her own phone before handing it to Kai to let him fill in his details and Kai gave the girl his phone to do the same. 

"Okay text me if you manage to get Sehun to come," Kai grinned, "And I'll do the same if I manage to persuade him tonight!" 

After bidding Kai a goodbye, Eunsung waited at the bus stop for her bus. She was looking at her phone with Kai's number on the screen and with a sigh she scrolled down the contact list before finding a name that she knew wasn't there before.

Oh Sehun.

How had that managed to get there?

 Flashback

"What did you do on my phone?"

"You'll find out soon." 

 End of flashback

With a smile unconsciously making its way to the girl's face, she pressed on the contact's name before typing a quick message to him.

"I found you ;)"


 AUTHOR'S NOTE;

I feel like this story's plot is sinking in place at last yAY Sehun's method of getting Eunsung's number is the cutest ;u; and the reply askjkjsakjasasdahs