Truth

There's No One Like YOU

For the rest of the day at school, Eunsung tried her best to put on a brave front and to do that, she focused solely on her work. Keeping herself busy with her work gave her a distraction - something to keep her mind off what had happened earlier. She listened intently to the teacher's words each lesson compared to Sehun who was incredibly distracted (he was staring at the back of the girl's head). And when the bell rang for the end of school, the girl had already packed all her things so she left the room without a word. Sehun on the other hand, not as prepared, quickly shoved all his belongings into his bag and hurried after her.

Making his way out of the classroom, he was presented with crowds of students all pouring out of their classrooms, filling the corridors. But he didn't let this stop him. He weaved his way through the crowds until he got outside and he saw the girl near the gates. He opened his mouth ready to call her name when he heard another voice doing exactly what he intended to do. To his horror, he watched as Zelo ran towards her. What kind of a sick joke was this?

Everytime he tried to mend their relationship, Zelo was always one step ahead of him.

A little discouraged, he followed them from behind other students who were also going to the bus stop. He plugged his earphones in, not wanting to hear any of their conversation even if he was far away.

 

When the bus finally arrived, the students all got on and soon the bus was packed. Eunsung and Zelo, the luckier students, were seated beside each other while others (Sehun included) had to stand. From where Sehun was standing he could see what the two were doing but the two couldn't see him. However even like this, he turned his head to stare out of the window instead. He didn't want to watch.

Unknown to him, Eunsung was also doing the same thing - it was strange how similar the couple's habits were but neither of them knew.

 

"I don't want it so stop wasting your time on me!"

 

Eunsung closed her eyes, with her head still resting on the window. She tried so hard to stop thinking about it: Sehun's angry eyes that were full of hurt, fear and something else she couldn't quite put her finger on; but it still remained clearer than ever in her mind.

"Eunsung?" Zelo whispered quietly a while later, thinking the girl could be asleep.

"Y-yeah?" the girl murmured, not wanting to open her eyes and bring herself back to reality.

Zelo shook his head with a smile but then realised she couldn't see him, "Nothing."

A couple of stops later, Zelo grabbed the girl's hand and pulled her off the bus while the latter stared with wide eyes in confusion. She had no idea what he was doing. They weren't even close to her stop - where was he taking her?

"Zelo!" the girl exclaimed just as they exited the bus' doors. The exclamation was loud enough to cause Sehun's head to jerk up at the sudden noise even through his earphones. He looked at the seats the two had previously been occupying but were now filled with two middle aged ladies. In a panic, he looked around the bus but could not spot them anywhere. It wasn't until the bus drove away that he saw Zelo holding tightly onto Eunsung's hand and again, that horrible feeling of jealousy came crawling back. And this time, he didn't even realise his grasp on the bus handles was strong enough to leave imprints on his skin.

"Zelo what are you doing? Where are you taking me?" Eunsung demanded to know once they stepped off the bus. She really was in no mood to play around. She just wanted to go home, crawl into bed and sleep off the horrible day she just had.

"I'm taking you away. Far away," Zelo thought in his head but instead what he really said was, "You look like you need someone by your side. I'm not letting you go home alone like this so I thought you could stay at my house for today."

The girl looked at the ground, feeling small all of a sudden, "That would be nice... thanks Zelo."

The other chuckled and ruffled her hair fondly, "Don't mention it."

 


Sehun let himself into the house and was greeted with a waft of Yixing's cooking. His stomach rumbled in response - he hadn't eaten for the whole day and it didn't even occur to him that he was hungry. He skipped breakfast as he was late to school in the morning and he didn't eat during lunch because he usually ate with Eunsung. Walking into the kitchen, Kai pulled him towards the table and made him sit. It turned out that Kai had made cookies with the help of Kyungsoo and wanted Sehun to try them. Although rather sugary, Sehun told his friend they were great which caused his other friends to give looks of disbelief. Hands grabbed at the bowl filled with cookies.

"It's so sugary!"
"Seriously Kai..."
"Sehun you're too nice."

Despite everything that had happened, it was nice to know that his friends were still nearby.

After a fulfilling dinner, Sehun returned to his room and laid on his bed still in his uniform. He was too exhausted to change. While his eyes wandered around his room, he noticed his mobile was still on his bedside table, exactly where he left it this morning. Since it was flashing, he reached over to grab it. Opening his phone, he saw he had 3 missed calls and 4 new messages. Deciding to look at his messages first, he saw that two of them were from his hyungs, checking to see if he was awake in the morning. The last two appeared beside Eunsung's name and he opened them with a little curiosity.

 

[07:45] Good morning Sehun-ah! I'm leaving my house now. I'll see you by the oak tree in a while?

 

[08:21] Sehun-ah, are you okay? I didn't see you this morning and... I'm really worried.

Call me when you get this message TT TT

I love you.

His heart hurt when he read both messages. How could he have been so stupid? He checked his missed calls to see they were all from Eunsung, one after the other.

[08:04] Missed call from Eunsung
[08:06] Missed call from Eunsung
[08:09] Missed call from Eunsung

He was so angry at himself. Why did he let himself be shaken by what Zelo had said? Eunsung had never once said anything about leaving him nor had she ever implied it - in fact it was quite the opposite. Eunsung loved him and he was such an idiot.

With his phone in his hand, he ran towards the front door and slipped on his trainers. He had to fix things, he had to.


"Are you sure it's okay?" Eunsung asked timidly as she peered into Zelo's house. There were cushions scattered across the sofa and a tv in the centre of the living room. The place looked rather lonely to Eunsung - in a way, it reminded her of her own house.

"Sure, I live by myself so my rules around here," Zelo grinned lazily as he plopped down on the sofa.

"You live alone?"

Zelo nodded, "Mmm, ever since I was in high school. My parents thought it would be good for me to get into the mindset of living independently, that kind of thing before I go to university. What about you?"

"Same- well, I live with my parents but they're rarely at home so it feels like they're not there...? That kind of feeling," Eunsung mumbles. The loneliness sets in the pit of her stomach and this time when she tries to reassure herself that Sehun is with her, she can't bring herself to.

Zelo notices this is a sensitive topic for the girl so says no more about it. Instead, he makes her sit down on the sofa and then he rummages through his cupboards to look for some snacks. When he's gathered those snacks, he returns to the living room and sees that the girl is looking at her phone. He makes a stupid 'ugh' sound that sounds like a scoff which causes the girl to look up suddenly.

He clears his throat, "Let's watch a movie." The girl nods and goes to look at the rack of DVDS. Zelo can't help but glare at the girl's phone. You already had your chance but you ruined it, and now this is my chance. And without her knowing, Zelo put the girl's phone on silent and put it on the table next to him.

 

When Sehun gets off the bus, he runs down the pathway that leads to Eunsung's house. Upon arriving, he knocks on the door but no one answers. He even lifts up the letterbox a couple of times but to no avail: there's no-one at home. He thinks back to when he last Eunsung - Zelo had pulled her off at an unfamiliar stop and he could faintly remember the name of the street. Could Zelo have possibly...?

He stuffs his hand into his trouser pocket and pulls out his phone. Scrolling through his contacts, he phones Eunsung. It rings for a long time and then he's directed to voicemail. Sehun almost wants to laugh at how cruel fate is - this happened to Eunsung in the morning and now it's happening back to him. He doesn't know what to do when another contact catches his eye: Haera. Maybe...?

"Sehun," Haera breathes.
"Do you know where Zelo lives?" Sehun asks almost immediately.
"Nice greeting," she jokes.
"Sorry it's just... really important," Sehun apologises.
Haera laughs, "It must be, I know you Sehun. I'll send it to you in a message after we hang up."
"Really... thank you."
"Although I don't know what happened, you should go after her Sehun. Don't regret anything... unlike me."
There's a pause.
"Haera..."
"Go after her Sehun. I'll send it to you, I'm hanging up now!"

A few seconds after the call disconnects, Sehun receives a new message in his inbox. Haera has texted him the road and door number. Thank you Haera, I owe you one.


Even though the movie is playing, Eunsung can't seem to focus on it as her mind is elsewhere. Zelo notices this and his expression gradually darkens over the course of the movie. When there's a loud crash from the movie, the girl barely even flinches and that's when Zelo has had enough. He pauses the movie and switches on the lights which causes the girl to finally snap out of her thoughts.

"What's the matter?" Eunsung asks confusedly when she sees Zelo leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"What's the matter?" Zelo laughs but it's a void of humour, "The matter is that you're not even enjoying this one bit. You're not even watching the movie - what's the point?"

Zelo switches off the tv, feeling beyond annoyed.

Eunsung feels hurt that he would say such a thing when he clearly knows why she's like this, "How could you say that...? I've been trying to convince everyone that I was okay the whole day when I wasn't and I'm honestly tired of pretending. You're my friend, why can't you just understand my feelings and cut me some slack?"

 

There's a silence that follows.

 

"Why can't you just understand my feelings for once?"

Eunsung sighs feeling tired, "Look I know you're being a good friend and are just trying to take my mind off things, I'm thankful to you for that. So I'm sorry for making you feel like I don't appreciate your help because I do."

Zelo scoffs, "Did you really think I was getting worked up over something as small as that? Do you think I'm that pathetic?"

The girl furrows her eyebrows, "What are you talking about?"

"You've always seen me as your friend but aren't friends supposed to understand each other, know when the other person is feeling down and know when they're hurt?"

"I did notice, I noticed when you were upset and hurt but you never told me why. And when you did say, it was about a person you liked - tell me, what more did you want from me?"

"You!" Zelo shouts at her and he then whispers, "All I ever wanted was you."

"W-what...?"

"You were the person I liked Eunsung, it was you."

The girl's eyes are open wide in disbelief - there was no way Zelo liked her, she couldn't be the one he liked, there was just no way. But everything made sense now: why Zelo avoided her all those times in school, why Zelo and Sehun seemed so cold to each other and why Zelo was now standing in front of her, looking so hurt.

 

How much she must've hurt him when he tried to push her away all those times but obliviously she continued to be around him.

 

"You can't..." Eunsung whispers, swallowing hard.

"Why? Why can't I like you?" Zelo laughs.

"You know why Zelo."

"I don't even know why you're still with him. He doesn't appreciate you. What he did today was clear proof of that. He doesn't know how to control his emotions. That bastard doesn't deserve you."

"Don't say that about Sehun, you know nothing about him," Eunsung replies with a hint of anger in her voice.

"Why do you like him anyway? He's not even that great," Zelo continues trying to downgrade Sehun.

"Can't you just stop?"

"Answer the question."

"Fine, I'll leave."

Just as the girl gets up from her spot, she's pushed with a large force and her back ends up hitting the wall behind her. She grimaces at the pain.

"Even now, you still don't understand my feelings. This is all a joke to you isn't it? Why can't you just see me for once?"

Eunsung looks up and sees Zelo hovering over her with the tips of his fringe falling on the top of her own head. It's only now that she sees his pent up frustration, anger and pain. It would be a lie if she said she didn't feel sad seeing him this way. But giving him false hope was the last thing she wanted to do so she had to tell him the truth.

"I'm sorry Zelo... the only person I see now is Sehun. I'm sorry I can't return your feelings," she says weakly.

A tear rolls down Zelo's cheek, "Why can't you?"

"Because I love him."

"Why can't you love me? All the times he's upset you, I've always been there for you. Just one step away, always at your beck and call. I tried so hard. I did everything right but you never turned to look at me. What can I do to make you like me?"

Zelo looks up and meets her eyes. It's only then that he realises how close she is to him, something that he could only ever imagine. He looks down at her lips and back at her eyes. Eunsung pales instantly.

"Don't do it Zelo," she trembles and her voice gets increasingly shaky when she notices the latter is coming closer, not listening to any of her frightful cries, "Stop it! I don't want this!" She's pushing his arms the hardest she can but to him, they just feel like feeble hits. She's terrified by how strong and forceful Zelo is. He's nothing like the person she knows.

When his lips are in full view, Eunsung knows it's daft because there's no way he can help her but screams the name of the one person she needed the most, "SEHUN!"


 AUTHOR'S NOTE;


yep, Zelo finally broke.

I feel so bad for Eunsung - she went to a friend's house to seek comfort and instead is being presented with this foreign person. Will their friendship be broken after this? Sehun is an idiot yes, but he's doing the right thing now \o/ but the only question is: will he get there in time?

Have you guys seen the teaser photos for Love Me Right? *u*

CGFtdOwVAAAAdG6.jpg 

I've already pre-ordered the album (my first time without actually hearing all the tracks on the album) but promise is on the album so I had to uwu

Also I visited kai's pathcode teaser locations a month ago and wanted to share photos with you guys here (there's some other stuff I've been doing too if you guys are interested ;u;) but anyway it's 4:45AM I need to sleep HAHAHAHAHAHA bye