Roommate

There's No One Like YOU

"Stay safe honey, we'll be back before you know it."

Eunsung smiled and put her luggage down before ushering to her parents to the car, "Go on guys, I don't want you both to miss your coach."

"Alright alright, if anything happens, we're just a phonecall away, got it?" her father made a phonecall gesture with his fingers.

"Got it."

"Bye bye sweetheart!" 

"Take care mum and dad."

Eunsung watched the car drive off and eventually when it was out of her sight, she shifted her attention back to her unattended luggage. She looked at the sheet of paper with the words 'Mr & Mrs Kim' scrawled in her father's handwriting. The girl didn't mind going to the house herself in all honesty but her parents insisted that even if they weren't going to go in for a chat with the residents, the least they could do was to drive her there. Apparently Mr & Mrs Kim were to be expecting Eunsung as her father had called up his colleague last night to clarify. 

She stepped up to the front door and pressed the bell. After a few seconds of pondering whether or not the owners were actually in, the door swung open to reveal a rather small woman with her hair tied up into a bun; she had a white apron on and a ladle in one hand. She was, no doubt, cooking before Eunsung's arrival.

"Oh um...Mrs Kim?" the girl asked unsure if that was correct but after receiving a confirmative nod, she inwardly breathed a sigh of relief and continued, "Oh hi it's nice to meet you. I'm Eunsung." 

After that introduction, Mrs Kim's eyes lit up and she immediately stood aside and pushed the door a little wider to make room for the girl to come in, "Let me just call my husband." Eunsung nodded and picked up her suitcase, letting it stand in the hallway. While Mrs Kim went to the staircase to shout for her husband, Eunsung decided that it would be polite to take off her shoes.

With her shoes in her hands, she was about to put them on the shoe rack but then noticed just how many shoes there were. Had they been normal adult shoes: leather and classy, she would have just brushed off the matter as they could've easily been Mr and Mrs Kim's, but the shoes she saw were trainers - and lots of them. From what she remembered, Mr and Mrs Kim only had one son so unless he was spoilt endlessly, she didn't know what to think.

"It's really nice to meet you Eunsung, I think we will have a lovely week together," Mrs Kim said upon returning, "Oh you can just put your shoes on the floor here, don't worry too much about it - it's nearly always messy and overcrowded since my son brought his friends over." She rolled her eyes, attempting to look irritated but Eunsung could tell she dearly loved her son judging from the adoring smile she had. 

"He must have a lot of friends," Eunsung commented, nodding at the rows of trainers.

"You're telling me - there's eleven of them!"

"Who's eleven?" a voice called sounding rather distant. The two spun around to see Suho with his hands in his pockets. 

"Oh! I didn't know we had a guest," Suho grinned sheepishly, looking surprised.

"Suho this is Eunsung, she'll be living with us for one week and Eunsung this is my son Suho," Mrs Kim introduced the two, "Now while you two get to know each other, I'm going to look for Suho's father." Mrs Kim left the two in the hallway to talk so that she could search for her husband. 

The two young students fell into a hushed silence, not really knowing what to say to each other. Eunsung rocked back and forth on her heels, whilst trying to work out where she had seen Suho before - she was certain she had seen him once but the place had escaped her mind, "Uhh thanks for having me in your house by the way, I hope I don't disturb you guys."

"Nah it's no problem, my parents love to help people besides I heard that your father works with mine so..." Suho smiled a breathtakingly beautiful smile. Suddenly Eunsung remembered.

"Hey... you're one of the class presidents!" 

"Oh! You know me?"

"I've seen you a couple of times announcing things to the year but that's about it."

"Eunsung, you arrived!" Mr Kim grinned, flashing that very similar smile of Suho's. Good genes. Mr Kim was a working man but at home he just wore the baggy shirts and loose black trousers, making him look extra friendly. His hair was slightly wispy at the top and ever so slightly grey and he wore some circular, thick black glasses. 

"Mr Kim, thank you for letting me stay, I really appreciate it," the girl said, not knowing whether to bow or shake his hand. She did neither and so Mr Kim did instead - choosing to pat her back, "No worries, your father's always giving me assistance at work so returning the favour is a pleasure. Son, can you show Eunsung her room for the week?" 

"Sure dad," Suho replied taking Eunsung's luggage and wheeling it along ("It's okay Suho I can get it." "You're a guest!") 

The two stopped in front of the room on the end and while Eunsung was admiring the photographs of scenery, she failed to notice the concerned look on Suho's face. Just as he passed by his mother earlier, she told him that the only space they had left was in Sehun's room - the other members shared a room with another person and as for Suho, he had his own room since it was his house after all. At this moment, Suho wondered whether he should just share rooms with Eunsung instead.

Placing his fist up to the door, he gave it two good knocks before he opened the door knob, "Sehun?" Eunsung froze at hearing the said person's name. This was all too unexpected - she hadn't spoken to Sehun since telling him that she couldn't make it to ice skating. Not to mention, the boy didn't even reply back. She braced herself for any awkward situations that were likely to come up in the upcoming week.  Wait that means that Kai, Luhan and Kris must also be here... so that makes five people I know, so great I still have seven to find out.

"Um Eunsung here is living with us for a while and well, this room is the only one left with space..." Suho explained to the boy who was perched on the couch. 

"Okay hyung," Sehun nodded, grabbing his bag of crisps on the side and popping a few into his mouth as if he hadn't heard what Suho said. 

"Oh good, okay Eunsung you can go in and unpack," Suho, majorly confused, turned his attention back to the girl gesturing her to enter. And while she did so, Suho went to sit next to Sehun on the couch, "Okay?"

"Mhm," Sehun responded before offering the bag of crisps to his friend and nodding. 

"Thanks buddy," Suho took a few, stood up and ruffled the younger boy's hair, "I'm going to get some more food so I'll talk to you both later." He did a little stroll on the way to exiting and after that, all that could be heard inside the room were Sehun's small chomps on the crisps and Eunsung's soft footsteps pacing around to organise items on the desk. Just as she was putting her pens neatly in the pencilpot, her phone vibrated in her pocket. 

"[2:04PM] Hey are you busy today? :)" 

She furrowed her eyebrows at the unknown number on her screen and tried to figure out who it was. From what she knew, the only people she had given her number to (both unwillingly and willingly) over the past week were only Sehun and Kai. She highly doubted that they would give out her number to random people. 

"[2:05PM] This is Zelo btw haha"

Oh. Well since that was solved, she clicked on the message box to compose her own reply. She didn't really have anything on for the rest of the day if she was honest - it was a Sunday so there were no classes, plus all she had in mind for today was just to unpack. 

"[2:06PM] yup i'm free, why? also, how did you get my number?"

"[2:06PM] Just meet me in the basketball court in the park at three, no more questions :P"

The girl scrunched her face up at the words on her phone screen - what kind of a reply was that? She left her phone abandoned on the desk and proceeded to tidy up the rest of her suitcase before it was three. She folded her clothes neatly and placed them on the shelves along the bottom in the wardrobe - Sehun's clothes were hanging along the rails. She was just clearing the last items remaining in her suitcase when Sehun spoke. 

"How long are you staying?" Sehun asked in a quiet voice so quiet that Eunsung almost didn't think she hear it.

"One week," she said while taking her toiletries out and turning around to look for a place to put them.

"There's a bathroom if you open that," Sehun pointed to a white door, noticing the girl's dilemma. Eunsung opened the door to find a bathroom and although she wanted to stand and gape at it all day, she hurried to put her showergel and shampoo on the shelf. The bathroom had smooth floors and a mat beside the bathtub; there was also a glass door for the shower which was new to Eunsung who only had a bathtub in her house. Walking over to the sink, she saw a green toothbrush in a cup on the left (which she guessed was Sehun's). She looked in her own hand and saw she only had her toothbrush, before realising that she forgot her cup at home - no wonder she felt like she was forgetting something when she left the house today.

Feeling incredibly frustrated at herself for forgetting such an important item, she walked back into the bedroom, toothbrush still in her grip and rummaged through her suitcase for a plastic bag that she could put her toothbrush in for the time being.

"Something wrong?" Sehun rested his chin on his hand as he watched the girl, pulling out various useless items from her suitcase. 

Eunsung sighed heavily and stopped all movement before muttering, "Just my stupid memory." Sehun, not knowing how to interpret that, looked at the girl and caught sight of the toothbrush in her hand and then understood the situation before suggesting, "Just put it with mine."

"But that would make things so complicated for whoever's using the cup."

Sehun shook his head and smiled softly, "We'll work something out." Eunsung stared at the boy for a few seconds before snapping back to reality and nodding, "Thanks Sehun." She went back into the bathroom and placed her toothbrush beside Sehun's in the cup and took a step back, a smile making its way to her face unconsciously.

 

At three, Eunsung arrived at the basketball court and spotted the six boys engaged in an intense game of basketball. She decided to just sit in the bleachers and wait until they were finished - she didn't want to interrupt them now.

"Whoo!" Himchan cheered as the ball fell through the hoop the fifth time today.

"Who's the king?" Zelo shouted raising his arms up and grinning widely.

"You are..." Jongup mumbled, feeling his masculinity being trampled on by losing in a game and having to praise his opponent after. 

"I can't hear you hyung!" Zelo leaned in closer to him just to annoy his friend further and earned himself a glare. Youngjae rolled his eyes before he caught sight of the girl sitting in the bleachers and ran over to her, "Hi Eunsung!" 

She gave him a small wave, "You guys finishing up your game?"

Youngjae looked back at his team who were pulling long faces and then he smirked as he thought of something, "Actually no, we're not anymore." Eunsung gave him a confused look but before she could ask, the boy just pushed her into the circle of friends.

"Guys let's play another round! This time Eunsung's joining our team," Youngjae piped up, high fiving Yongguk and Jongup who were also on his team. There were a few excited exclamations of 'Oh, Eunsung you're here!' But all Eunsung did was look at Youngjae, blinking - sure she had played basketball before and she thought she was pretty okay at it but it didn't mean she enjoyed being into games.

But it also didn't mean that she wouldn't do it. 

"Okay, the team that shoots the first goal wins, let's start!!" Zelo grinned as he chucked the ball up in the air to start off the game. Yongguk, having long arms, easily caught the ball and threw it over to Youngjae. Daehyun attempted to snatch it out of the latter's hands but the other easily dodged him and passed it to  Jongup but Himchan intercepted it. As Himchan was dribbling the ball, hoping to reach Zelo so that he could throw it in the hoop, Eunsung appeared in front of him. On the side of her were Yongguk and Jongup who surrounded Himchan in the middle to attack him. Quickly, while Himchan was distracted, Eunsung managed to sneak the ball away from his hands and dribbled it across the court. 

"Eunsung to the right!!!" Youngjae yelled from the other end, telling her where their hoop was to score.

As she moved with the ball to the other end, she was constantly looking behind her to see the other team charging right behind. Realising that she didn't have much time to get close enough to the hoop, she soon worked out that if she didn't attempt to shoot now, there would be no chance of shooting at all. She was a fast runner but not that fast. Coming to a halt in her run, she closed one eye and threw the ball with one hand. It was quite some distant away and she was certain that there would be no chance of scoring so she turned around to face her other team members, ready to tell them how bad she was at scoring when she heard a shout. 

"Ouch that was nice!" Yongguk shouted as he ran towards the girl, picked her up and spun around. Youngjae was whooping throughout the whole thing and gave her a quick hug afterwards. 

She looked back at the goal and her eyes widened, "I scored??"

"Damn right you did!" Jongup gave her a high five and the girl laughed. She didn't expect the ball to fall through the hoop - everytime she had tried to shoot from such a far distance, she had never succeeded.

"So would you like to say something, king?" Yongguk mocked Zelo, placing a hand on his hip.

"Umm...well...hello?" Zelo answered with a dead serious face causing everyone to burst into laughter.

After everyone grabbed their items, they decided to sit underneath a tree to shade themselves from the sun. It was the midst of Summer and the heat was certainly proving it. Yongguk and Himchan had left to buy snacks and drinks for the others so it was just the five lying on the grass. Jongup and Youngjae were resting with their eyes closed while the other three were staring at the tree leaves aimlessly. 

"You never told me you were so good at basketball," Zelo said, eyes sparkling as he sat up.

Eunsung, feeling uncomfortable on the ground also sat up as she retorted, "You never told me you were so good at getting other people's numbers." 

"Touché."

"Honestly speaking though, that would have to be me," Daehyun chimed looking strangely happy.

"What do you mean?" Eunsung asked curiously.

Daehyun smirked before propping his head onto his hand with his elbow resting on the ground, "Well I was talking to Jihyun while walking out of a class and Zelo bumped into us and halfway through he whispered to me that he wanted your-"

"Oh-kay! Where are those other two anyway? They're taking so long," Zelo interrupted hastily and silently kicking Daehyun's leg in the process without Eunsung seeing.

"Very smooth Zelo," Jongup commented without opening an eye causing Youngjae to snort. Whilst Zelo was busy 'fake' punching his friends who were screaming 'save us Eunsung!' the girl laughed and threw a towel at Zelo to stop him.

"Hey!" his yells sounded muffled until he yanked it off from his face, "That was uncalled for, Miss Han!" The others snickered as Zelo crawled up to Eunsung at an abnormally fast pace and paused when he was directly in front of her. Eunsung's breath hitched and at the same time, she wasn't really understanding what was happening since it was all too fast. 

"Well this is something new to come back to," Yongguk grunted, not really enjoying the view of the close proximity of the two.

"I'll say... good on you maknae," Himchan smirked, patting the said person's hair while Zelo growled and retreated from the girl. 

"I'm gonna go and buy a drink," Eunsung said quietly to nobody in particular before she bounced up from her seat and scampered away, feeling incredibly embarrassed - one, by being so close to Zelo and two, by the remarks that Yongguk and Himchan made.

"There are drinks in here!" Yongguk shouted to the girl who half ignored, half didn't hear him. 

"Look what you two idiots did," Youngjae commented, shaking his head. The others were busy grabbing the crisps and other snacks that were bought at the store while Zelo, with a can of coke in his hand, was thinking about what happened moments earlier and with a smile on his face murmured, "Cute." 


 AUTHOR'S NOTE;
Who else is excited about Eunsung & Sehun staying as roomies for one week hell yes o/