Sleep

There's No One Like YOU

The rest of the afternoon with B.A.P had continued on normally with no awkward moments (minus the one where she caught Zelo looking at her thoughtfully) - she guessed that they decided not to make her feel awkward about everything and for that, she was thankful. When Eunsung returned back to Suho's house (she had to refrain going down the street to her own home), she could smell food coming from the kitchen. As if on cue, her stomach rumbled and so she kicked off her trainers, ready to help out.

Just as she stepped into the kitchen, she registered all the unfamilar faces around the room before realising that she hadn't actually had a proper introduction with the other house members. It was just her luck that none of the five people she actually knew were not there. There were two young boys chopping tomatoes and potatoes on the chopping boards; one boy stirring what looked like soup in the pot; another boy washing the bowls and two more sitting on kitchen stools, engaged in small conversation. 

One of the boys sitting on the stools noticed the girl's presence first, "Hello?" 

The girl's head snapped up as she realised he was speaking to her - the other boys all looked up at the same time too and it seemed like all movement and noise paused inside the kitchen since she stepped foot in. "Oh sorry to interrupt, I really should've introduced myself earlier. I'm Eunsung and I'll be staying here for the week," she said while looking around the room at the faces.

"Ah yes, Suho mentioned that to us earlier! Sorry we didn't think about that so we thought you were some bur-" the boy chopping the tomato exclaimed before receiving a nudge from the boy chopping the potatoes beside him ("Yixing let's keep this conversation normal, okay?") 

"Anyway come and sit with us! I'm Xiumin by the way!" the same boy who noticed her first chirped happily, patting the stool beside another boy who introduced himself as Chen as she sat down. 

"I'm Baekhyun and this is Yixing," the boy chopping the potatoes grinned while gesturing to Yixing who looked rather confused.

"Is there something wrong?" Eunsung asked, trying to predict the behaviour of the boy.

"I forgot how many tomatoes I cut," he scratched his head, smiling sheepishly.

"He's a forgetful one but you learn to get used to it," Baekhyun rolled his eyes before trying to separate the already cut tomato pieces to work out how many Yixing had cut. 

"Kyungsoo here and this is Chanyeol," the boy stirring the soup nodded at the boy washing up. 

Chanyeol finished drying the last plate and wiped his hands on the towel, "Have you met anyone other than Suho?" 

"Yeah um I know Sehun, Kris and Kai because they're all in my class and Luhan because he spoke to me once," she responded, shuffling back into her stool. 

"Cool, that means the only person you haven't met yet-" Xiumin started just before he was cut off by another boy running in carrying a bowl of rice grains before he shouted, "Oh my god I'm so sorry guys, I totally forgot about the rice!" He quickly placed the bowl into the cooker and pressed the on button and let out a small 'phew' before grabbing a carton of orange juice and chugging it down. Only when he looked up did he notice there was another person in the room, "Guys...?" 

"-is Tao, our little dramaqueen," Chen finished off while the others chuckled. 

"Oh hello Tao, I'm Eunsung," the girl smiled and gave a small wave. Tao, a little embarrassed that someone else had to witness his outburst, simply nodded with his head lowered. 

"So Eunsung, what brings you here?" Kyungsoo asked as he took the tomatoes and potatoes from Baekhyun and dropped them into the soup. 

"Well my dad's on a work trip in Gangnam and my mum went to accompany him so they didn't want to leave me home alone," she explained before adding, "Not that I can't look after myself...they just worry too much,"

"They must be the complete opposite of our parents. We basically live here and they don't seem to mind that we only call once a week," Chanyeol stated as he grinned widely.

"You make our parents sound so uncaring," Xiumin chuckled whilst shaking his head. The kitchen stayed quiet for fifteen minutes, only the sounds of small chatter between Eunsung, Xiumin and Chen and the stirring of soup could be heard. 

"The soup's done!" Kyungsoo finally exclaimed, turning off the gas before putting his hands on his hips, "Okay guys can you set the table please?" 

As soon as the question was asked, Chen jumped up from his spot and grabbed a heatproof mat so that Kyungsoo could put the soup bowl on; Xiumin grabbed many pairs of chopsticks and spoons, placing them in the middle of the table; Eunsung went towards the cupboard and took out thirteen bowls and placed them on the table.

"Damn you guys make a good team," Kyungsoo breathed as he stood back to admire the table which was neatly set. 

"Are Mr and Mrs Kim joining for dinner?" Eunsung asked, wondering whether or not she should take out extra bowls.

"Normally they do but not on weekends because they go round friends' houses and so on," Chanyeol answered and the girl nodded. Baekhyun transferred the homemade kimchi that Mrs Kim had made earlier onto a white plate and Yixing took out the crispy chicken from the oven. 

"Tao can you get the others? Time to eat," Kyungsoo instructed as he began filling the individual bowls with rice. Tao mumbled a small 'yes' before jumping off the countertop he was previously sitting on and running up the stairs. The others in the kitchen all sat in their seats - Eunsung chose to sat in between Xiumin and Chanyeol mainly because they wanted her to, plus they seemed really nice likewise the other people she had only just met. It was barely even thirty seconds when Tao re-entered the kitchen followed by the other five boys.

"Mm that smells good," Kai commented as he walked in, eyes darting over to the chicken immediately. 

"Luhan, Sehun! Sit over here!" Baekhyun called, pointing to the two seats across the side he was sitting on. Eunsung looked up and made brief eye contact with Sehun just as he sat directly in front of her. Suho pat Kyungsoo, Yixing, Baekhyun and Chanyeol's heads as he passed to reach his own seat, "Thanks for cooking and cleaning today guys, I really appreciate it." 

"No problem Suho!" they chirped back, smiles evident on their faces. 

"Can we eat now?" Tao whined, rubbing his stomach, "I'm hungry!" 

"Says the guy who forgot about the rice," Chen joked earning himself a glare. Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, "Since when were you guys so polite about eating? They usually just eat as soon as they see the food, trust me." He whispered the last part to Eunsung mainly and the girl bit back a small grin.

"Okay everyone, dig in!" 

 

After a long and tiring first day of getting used to her temporary house, Eunsung was in her pyjamas, ready to sleep but she couldn't until she brushed her teeth and Sehun was currently occupying the bathroom to shower. The girl unlocked her phone and with nothing to do, she started playing a random game that Jihyun had showed her the other day. In the midst of the game playing, the bathroom door opened and Sehun leaned against the bathroom door, "Eunsung come over here, we still need to figure out how we're gonna share the cup." The girl looked up from her phone, left it on the bed and walked towards him, unaware of the fact that the words 'game over' had just flashed on her phone. 

They both grabbed their individual toothbrushes from the cup and then Sehun looked at it thoughtfully before speaking, "Okay so you use the right side and I use the left side, always." 

"But how do we know which side is which? Shouldn't we mark one side or put a sticker there?" 

"That's what I thought but the mark or sticker would just wash off, so we're just gonna have to always brush our teeth together then to make sure no-one uses the wrong side."

"Okay then." 

The two fell into a comfortable silence after they squeezed toothpaste on their brushes and began brushing their teeth. Eunsung picked up the cup first to rinse while Sehun waited for his go and they alternated for a couple of times until their mouths were properly rinsed. They then both wanted to wash their faces and as they both leaned down to the sink to splash their faces with the water, their shoulders bumped since the sink was only so big but neither of them minded.

"You take the bed, I'll take the couch," Sehun stated as he took his pillow and set it on the couch. Eunsung was glad that Sehun had offered her it without asking but she really thought that Sehun was too nice for his own good, "But it's your bed, you should have it Sehun. Really, I'm fine." Without waiting for his reply, she grabbed a spare blanket and laid it on the couch but was stopped by Sehun when she tried to lay down. 

"You're a guest," he shrugged before grabbing the covers and snuggling under them on the couch, "Go to sleep." Eunsung looked at him for a couple of seconds with an amused look, "You're really... okay fine."

Sehun listened to the soft pads of her footsteps before the light switch was flicked off and replaced by a dim lamp. Eunsung climbed into the bed and pulled the blankets up to her chin, which smelt of Sehun greatly but it was a refreshing smell.

"You sleep with the lights on?"

"Yeah. Is it bothering you?" 

"No - well not too much, I guess."

"That's good. Well, goodnight Sehun."

"Night," he murmured softly before sleep overtook him. 


 AUTHOR'S NOTE;

A rather short and simple chapter compared to the last, it's kind of filler so that you get used to the atmosphere of the house I guess n_n The majority of this chapter is basically the house members but please bare with me as I try and integrate the other characters into the story ^^