제 9 장

TEARS FROM THE PAST

 

“GD ssi, i’m so sorry for being so rude a while ago at the church. I didn’t recognize you immediately because of your image. I mean.. you had a mustache a while ago.. unlike now..” Hee Young said shyly.

 

My God. She’s still pretty. Am i still alive? Why is this happening? I can’t still get it. everybody forgets Hee Young already, they were acting like she wasn’t my girfriend before. They didn’t even remembered that she died three days ago.

 

“ehem.” I heard an obvious clearing throat beside me. And it was IU. This girl, she can’t even remember her own bestfriend. What the hell is happening? I need an answer!!!!

 

“since you two met already oppa, and since Sajangnim let you to be her temporary manager, why don’t you take her for a walk around the building? I mean... she needs a tour oppa.” IU said using those aegyo that never worked on me.

 

I looked at the Hee Young in front of me reading her face if she wanted it. since i didn’t got any rejections from her, i decided to take what IU suggested. I think it’s time for me to ask some random questions about her.

 

“ok. Follow me Ms. Hee Young.” I aid nonchalantly and headed first outside.

 

While we were walking along the hallway, i was explaining to her every room we pass by.

 

“here is the recording room where YG artists recording on their album.

this next room is a work room where you can have a peace of mind concentrating on your work.

The room we had been a while ago is where the composers and producers of the songs office.

That big door in the corner is the dancing room.

That room beside of the dancing room is where the Yoga class held. Let’s go on the third floor.”

I said not even looking at her. I know if i look on my back, i’ll be totally lost and can’t control myself. She’s still the Hee Young i knew before. The girl who melted my heart.

 

“this third floor contains of trainee classes. You will be staying here often. In short, this is your floor. That first door is the voice lesson booth.

This room will be the room where you will stay for an hour to improve your voice. The next room is where the trainee took their special class.

You will be trained to speak in Japanese, and at the same time, they will help you to improve your korean language.

The room in front of that big room is where the library and music booth.

You can look for the history of korean songs there. You can also search the history of asian music mainly Korean history music. The fourth floor is where sajangnim’s office is. Do you have any questions Miss Hee Young?” i asked turning my whole body on her.

 

I think she was still memorizing the rooms i showed to her because she was still looking back at the rooms we have already passed by.

 

“excuse me GD ssi, but.. what room is the last one?” she pointed the small room at the corner.

“oh...” i felt the sudden pain when i remembered that place. That is the place where Hee Young always had her late practice in guitar. That place is also the place where i asked her to date me before.

 

“that....” i still can’t mention her name whenever i am here in this floor.

 

“that is where our old trainee trained. That room is exclusively for the trainees who wanted to practice with their instruments.” I said with a sad tone.

 

“oh i see. Well, why is she an old trainee now? Where is she right now?” she asked making me more sad.

 

“she.. died three days ago.” I looked at the floor, whispered but enough for her to hear.

 

I heard her gasped silently from where she was standing.

 

“omo.. i’m sorry GD ssi... i didn’t know. It seems like... you two were close.” She said with a sorry tone.

 

I lifted my head just to meet her sad face. Why? Why can’t you remember that it’s you who died? That you are the old trainee i was saying. I need to ask her what keeps on bothering me since when i met her at the church.

 

“why are you here? Why did you came back?” i asked with those questioning looks.

 

I saw her sad face turned in to confusions.

 

“i.. i came here because i wanted to become a singer someday. I wanted to be a part of YG family. And wait.... i... i came back?... GD ssi... what are you saying? I’ve never been here...” she said with half fear on her face.

 

“you’re dead. You’re already dead! Hee Young... my Hee Young. She’s already dead!!! Why are you here?! You’re already dead!” i half screamed making her to make two steps backwards.

 

“G..GD ssi... what the hell are you saying?” she said almost scared at me.

 

I walk forward and grasp her both shoulders. She’s real. She’s alive. I can hold her, she’s warm. But why? Who is she? Who is this girl?

 

“who are you? Who are you?! Why are you using Hee Young’s face? Show me your real face!” i yelled frustratedly. Hee Young is only one person. She never told me she has a twin. Hell if she has a twin sister she should have other name.

 

*SLAP!*

 

I loose my gripped on her shoulders when i felt a sting on my left cheek. She slapped me. She slapped me so hard.

 

“i should not have apologized to you before. How dare you to say i am already dead? What am I? A zombie?! Excuse me GD ssi but i think you’re already crazy. I am still alive can’t you see?! I am here right in front of you standing, breathing and i did even slapped you!” she yelled at me.

 

She’s right. If she was a ghost, i can’t even hold her, i can’t even feel her warm, i can’t even be slapped. F**k what’s happening?

 

“are you done insulting me? If you’re done, then i’m going now.” She said hurt and turned her back on me.

 

I’ve been able to gather myself before she could go farther. I ran towards her and hold her elbow to stop her. And of course, she yanked my hand.

 

“what?!” she spat glaring at me.

 

“i’m.. i’m sorry.. i didn’t.. i didn’t know what’s really happening. If you will just let me explain i will explain it to you. But please not now.” I said calmly.

 

I saw her angry face softened a bit before she sighed.

 

“GD ssi, you know how much i look up on you. I really wanted to meet you personally but it seems like we’ve met in a bad situation. I respected you a lot but please, i know i’m just a trainee but can you at least respect me too just  a bit?” she said half pleeding.

 

I looked at her and bit my lips for a while before i nod letting go of her arm carefully.

 

“ok fine GD ssi, i will let you explain about your accusations that... i'm already dead. I am willing to listen.” She said making my heart lift a bit.

 

“ok. Thank you Hee Young.” I said smiling faintly.

 

“by the way, i will show you your temporary dorm. Your dorm is not that far from our building. Just two blocks from here.” I said making the surroundings lighter.

 

“oh. Ok GD ssi, can ou show it to me now? Because i still need to fix my clothes and i need to have a rest.” She said smiling. I guess our minnie fight was already forgotten.

 

“ok Miss Hee Young. Where’s your laguage?” i asked.

 

“oh. Sajangnim said it’s already at the main lobby.” She said walking now while me was just following her behind. I really can’t stop not to eye her from behind. She’s the Hee Young i knew before. I can’t be mistaken.

 

“GD ssi.” I stopped on my track and immediately look from somewhere so that she won’t busted me eyeing her.

 

“about the slap before, i’m really sorry. You’re my mentor and a temporary manger but i have already showed you my rudeness.” She said while she played her fingers looking on the floor.

 

Ah.. so cute.. she also have Hee Yung’s manerism.

 

“that’s ok Miss Hee Young, it’s my fault too. Let’s just forget it ok? Now let’s go so that you can have your rest now. Let’s just call this a day.” I said smiling at her as i lead the way.

 

I am so happy because she’s with me again, she’s smiling at me and she’s going to work on our company again. Right now i don’t have any thing to worry. Just being with her and her presence makes me to worry nothing.