제 6 장

TEARS FROM THE PAST

 

The next day, 25th of July, Mr. Yang called me on his office to discuss something important. I really don’t know what is that about but i can’t stop not to feel nervous. I hope it’s not about me and Hee Young, i thought.

 

“have a seat Ji Yong.” YG papa as what he usually do, pointing the chair in front of his desk for me to sit.

 

I silently obligued as i looked at his serious face.

 

“Sajangnim, what’s wrong? Is there any problem?” i asked trying to calm myself. I don’t know why but i feel like it’s something about Hee Young.

 

“i’m here to talk about the two trainees.” YG papa said entertwinning his fingers.

 

That’s it. I knew it, it’s all about Hee Young and her loud friend Ji Eun.

 

“what about them sajangnim?” i asked worriedly. And it seems like YG papa noticed it that’s why he chuckled lightly.

 

“what’s with the worry face Ji Yong? C’mon, i won’t terminate them. I was just planning to introduce them tomorrow at the press conference since i’ll be making a small party for the succes of our company. I’ll let them see for the very first time the new members of YG family.”

 

I was surprised from the sudden news i’ve heard. Mostly Sajangnim wants the trainee to introduce in public after 2 to 3 years of training. I’ve never thought Hee Young will debut soon as what i have expected.

 

“Sajangnim, are you sure?” i asked assuring if he’s not joking at all.

 

“Hee Young has the calming voice that can touch every heart of people. You were right. We, sometimes need a break in rock songs. We need her for people not to get sick in YG. She became the hot topic for the whole six months since she was featured at Young Bae’s music video. They all liked her voice. How she played the guitar, how they complimet how innocent her look is, how natural beauty she had. Don’t worry Ji Yong, i’ll just introduce her. Ji Eun will be the one composing her debut song. Since she’s a new composer, let her handle the new artist then. Let’s see if she has the ability to make the rookie girl popular through her compositions.” Sajangnim said.

 

“Sajangnim, but Ji Eun is only a starter.” I said worriedly.

 

“Remember Ji Yong, she wanted to create a song, if she wanted her song to be recognize, this is her only chance. Let her be. Trust her too. I know she can do it. Young Bae is unknown person too before. Before his looks noticed by the people, they first noticed the lyrics of the song which you originally made. If she has the confidence, i know she can make it well. I believe in her. Hee Young, your girl, is a big hit. I won’t trust her to that girl Ji Eun if i know she’ll ruin Hee Young.” Sajangnim said smiling confidently on me.

 

“Sajangnim, can’t i help them?” i plead, just want to make sure they will do the perfect one. I’m not really confident about her making the song for Hee Young. I don’t want her to ruin Hee Young’s debut.

 

It’s not that i don’t trust her, it’s just that i wanted perfection for Hee Young. I’m just afraid that she will screwd and let Hee Young fall because of her un interesting compositions.

 

“Ji Yong, you worried to much. You can’t interfere, just let them be. Ji Eun is a big girl now. She knows what she was doing. You are her personal mentor right? Are you doubting on your own way of teaching her for the whole year?” that’s it. I know he’ll think i’m doubting. But i am not. I’m just oh so focused on the word perfect. I want everything to be perfect for my perfect girlfriend.

 

“Ji Yong, calm down. Let the girls work on their own. You have Taeyang to worry. Just let the two make their own name. Trust them. The both of them.” YG papa stood up and puts his hands on my shoulder.

 

I sighed deeply accepting my defeat.

 

“so, Sajangnim, when will Hee Young debut?” i asked.

 

“she’ll debut two months from now. After i announce tomorrow night that she’ll debut soon, i’ll talk to Ji Eun the next morning to discuss about the concept of the album.” YG papa said as if it was so easy to do.

 

Oh my gosh, why do i feel bad something about this whole debut thing?

 

><><><><><><><><><><><

 

“oppa! What will i wear tomorrow? Oh my gosh oppa i can’t wait. I’m so excited to meet everybody. I can’t belive it, i’ll debut soon Two months from now. And guess what,  Ji Eun will be the one to compose my song.!” Hee Young squeeled like a teenage girl who had just took a glance on her crush. We were on a private mall where YG always had to buy our outfit. It’s a good thing it’s a private or else, she’ll get everyones' attention because of her excitement.

 

“as if you were so happy that it’s not me who will do your first song.” I acted like sulking. I pouted like a child being snatched by a candy from a little friend of mine.

“aigoo, my oppa.” With that, she stole a quick peck on my lips and grinned widely.

 

“i’m sorry. I will ask Sajangnim for you to do a song for me next time. Huh? Please baby oppa, smile.” She mimicked my pouted lips before she pinched my cheeks spreading it widely for her to see my smile.

 

How could i resist this hot yet innocent girl in front of me? She’s the girl i fell in love first, she’s the girl i let myself fall in to deeper. And i am so happy to know that i was her first love then. She never ever tried to date someone because she felt that she hasn’t yet found the right one for her, until she met me.

 

After our date last night, after we had a coffee together on her apartment, she shyly admitted to me that she’ll die if she lose me. Well we thought the same. For us, we are perfectly fitted. Nothing can separate us. Not what, nor who.

 

“oppa! Is this good to me?”  Hee Young lifted a cute light pink dress with a black ribbon on the waist.

I smiled at her before i nod my head once. She giggled a bit before she scanned the dress she was holding.

 

My God. Call me selfish but i don’t want her to be with other man but only me. I want her right now and forever. She will only be the girl i will love till the end.

 

“you like this?” i walked beside her and looked at the dress she was holiding.

 

“does it suits to me oppa? Please choose for me.” She gave me those puppy eyes that i can’t resist.

 

“i like this too baby, it suits you. Let’s just buy this and let’s go home for you to have a rest. Tomorrow will be a big day for you.” I said smiling on her while a placed my hands on the back of her waist to support her from walking.

 

><><><><><><><><><

 

FINALLY! 26th of July. The day had arrived. People at the big place where the party will be held is filling already little by little. It’s already 7 in the evening and the party will start around 8. I am already at the setting waiting for my princess. I called her a while ago and said that i’ll pick her tonight but she insisted. She wanted to surprise me for her new look.

I heard Ji Eun a while ago that she’s really beautiful on her dress. I laughed a bit when i heard how she wanted to surprise me.

Oh my, my princess is so cute. I can’t wait to see her. I wanted to shout to everyone here in the conference hall that she was mine and she’s not allowed to date anyone except me.

 

“hey GD ssi.” Taeyang tapped my back lightly. He was holding a glass of wine fom his left hand.

“hey Tae,” i smiled back.

 

“so, where’s your lovely doll?” Taeyang scanned the whole room to catch her from around.

 

“she’s not here yet, she said she’ll just go here by herself.” I said chuckling before i took a sip on my wine glass.

 

“by herself? Dude, why did you let her go by herself?” Taeyang asked worriedly.

 

“i told her i want to fetch her but she refused to. I said i will let Ji Eun get her but she said Ji Eun is busy that’s why she said i just let her be alone to go here.” I said half worrying because i know that was not a good idea after all.

 

“oh i see then. I think she wanted to surprise you. I envy you man. She’s one of a kind.” Taeyang patted my shoulder.

 

We talked and talked the whole night until Mr. Yang already gave her welcoming speech. that's when I noticed that Hee young wasn’t here yet. The party already started.

 

“she’s not here yet?” Taeyang whispered on my ear.

 

I looked worriedly at Taeyang before i looked for Ji Eun.

 

“Ji Eun ah.” I approached her with a nervous face.

“oh oppa! Wae? Where’s Hee Young?” Ji Eun searched her from my back but she wasn’t there.

 

“that’s what i wanted to ask. Do you know where she is?” i asked feeling nervous all of a sudden.

 

“i called her 20 minutes ago and she said she’s almost near. Why isn’t she here yet?” she answered confused.

 

I cursed under my breath before i went out of the ball. I searched for my phone and started to dial her number. After a long rings, someone answered the phone.

 

But to my sursprised, it’s not her who answered it.

 

“hello?” the man from the other line answered.

 

“he..hello.. who are you? Why are you answering my girlfriend’s phone?” i asked worriedly. Why isn’t she the one answering my call? Where is she?

 

“we’ve been waiting for someone to call for a long minutes. We don’t know which we will call since we really don’t know who’s the relative of the person.” The man said making me more uncomfortable.

 

“where’s my girlfriend? Where is she?!” i asked impatiently, why can’t he just tell it to me straight to the point?

 

“please go at Seoul Hospital sir. She met an accident along the road.” With that, i lose my strength. I felt like someone poured a cold water all over my body.

 

“Ji Yong? Ji Yong, why are you here? Where’s Hee young? The party’s already started.” I heard Mr. Yang called me from behind. But i didn’t looked at him. I immediately ran inside of the car and drove as fast as i can to the hospital. I really don’t care if he’ll get mad at me. All i want from now is to see my girl who’s battling for her life.

 

I was breathless when i arrived at the hospital asking for my girlfriend’s where about. Some people recognize me that’s why faint squeeled can be heard everywhere. The nurse whom i asked for my girlfriend’s room seems a bit shock seeing me personally. But i care less about that.

 

“sir, the patient is still at the emergency room. The doctor's trying to save her.” The nurse said with a trembling voice. Maybe because of her mix emotions. I can’t blame her though, she’s just working silently on her place until the great GDRAGON walked in front of her asking a patient’s room.

 

I waited patiently at her from the outside of the emergency room. I never realized that there’s a chair beside me since i arrived. I stayed standing beside the door, sometimes in front of it peeking inside of the emeergency room trying my luck if i could take a small glimpse of her. But to my dismay, i saw nothing.

 

Another minutes passed until i heard my phone rang. It was a call from Taeyang. I answered it with my trembling hands.

 

“GD! Where the hell are you?! Sajangnim is already mad about you turning your back on him and Hee Young didn’t even showed even a shadow here?! What the is happening? Where are you?!!” Taeyang scolded me from the other line.

 

If it’s not a matter of life, i will answered back this boy who’s shouting at me from the other line.

 

“Tae, i’m in the hospital, Hee Young met an accident on the way there. She’s still at the emergency room, it’s been 10 minutes since she was inside. Tae.. i’m.. i’m scared...” for once in my life, i admitted i’m scared. I’ve never been afraid of anything. Not even death. But when it comes to Hee Young, everything is so scary for me. Everything that will make her leave me is scary for me.

 

“what?! Oh My God Ji. I’m sorry for yelling at you. Where hospital are you? We’ll be going there immediately.” Taeyang said as a worried and panic voice were visible on her tone.

 

“Seoul Hospital.” That’s what all i can manage to say before he hang up.

 

After another 20 minutes, the doctor finally came out. I felt my knees trembled as i saw the blood stained on her white guantes. her, my girlfriend's blood.

 

“are you related to the patient?” the doctor asked looking straightly in to my eyes. I didn’t like the aura of him. I didn’t like the way he speak. I felt like it’s not a good news.

 

“ye..yes..” i stuttered lightly approaching to him.

 

“the patient bleeds a lot, she was taken here at the hospital a bit late. We really tried our best to sustain her breathing but we failed. One more major reason we can’t save her is because her head bump so much from the car and bumped again on the floor. It caused a blood clut and it covers too much for her blood to flow normally. I’m sorry young boy.. but she didn’t made it.”

 

I felt a knife stabbed on my heart. This can’t be happening. Yesterday, we’ve just talked about how she will debut soon. Yesterday, we just laughed and spent the whole day happily. The other day, we just had our frist day and anniversary. Why? Why is this happening? Please tell me this isn’t real. Please tell me it’s all a nightmare. Please someone wake me up from this bad dreams.. i can’t.. i can’t let her go.. i just.. can’t.

 

I don’t know how long i’ve cried not when i felt someone grabbed me and helped me to stand up from the floor. I looked at the person who helped me and i saw Taeyang helping me with those sorry eyes. Tears were also visible on his eyes. I looked behind me when i heard someone was crying, and i saw Ji Eun crying at the corner. She was covering her whole face while crying. No, scratch that. While sobbing.

 

Right then, a tear fell on my eyes again. I am not dreaming, this all true. I looked from the hallway, there i saw Mr. Yang head down low while talking at the police and doctor.

 

After a few minutes, i felt Mr. Yang presence on my side. I wasn’t crying anymore but my heart is still mourning for my lost.

 

“Hee Young... was died due to a car accident.” Mr. Yang stated silently. He doesn’t even know if he’ll say it or not. But for me, i wanted to hear all. I wanted to hear the reason why my girlfriend died.

 

“the driver was drunk and he didn’t noticed a girl crossing the street.” Mr. Yang continued.

 

That’s enough for me to hear. I don’t need any explanation. My girlfriend is just an innocent passer by who wanted to cross the street. It’s his fault why we are all crying our eyes out tonight.

 

I clenched my fist wanted to destroy every part of his body. I wanted him to die also. But i know it won’t change anyhting.

 

“i’ll sue him. I’ll do my best to let him rot inside the jail. I will let him pay for this.” I said gritting my teeth. I was practically glaring at the floor now. This heart of mine had a mixed emotions. Pain, hatred, sadness. Name it all as long as you define what does dying means to you.

 

“Ji.. calm down.” Sajangnim hold my hand to calm me. But his word just made me burst in to anger.

 

“Calm down?!!!! How the hell would i calm down if i know he killed my girl?!!!! Sajangnim he in’ killed my girl who’s just innocent passing by on the street!!!!!!!” i yelled echoing my voice through the silent hallway. My lungs can’t inhaled any air anymore. I want to die. I want to be with Hee Young. I want her. Only her!! How am i supposed to live now she’s not with me anymore?!!!!

 

Mr. Yang stood up and hugged me tightly. My trembling body calmed a bit when i felt the warm of a father. Mr. Yang had become my father since i started training at YG. He gave all i want, all i need, just to pleased me.

 

Right now, i need someone who’ll comfort me. I need someone who could give me the whole time to ease the pain. Lossing her is enough for me to commit suicide.

 

=END OF FLASHBACK=