제 10 장

TEARS FROM THE PAST

 

After a 10 minutes walking, we already arrived at Hee Young’s apartment.

 

“so.. this is your temporary room.” I said after i opened the door for her. Their’s already a sofa on her living room, utensils at the kitchen and a heater.

 

Hee Young followed me and i saw her roaming more on studying, the every corner of her new room. right then, I placed her laguage near at her sofa in her living room.

 

“GD ssi, can i look on my bedroom?” she asked looking at me innocently.

 

“go ahead. No need to ask permission Hee Young ssi, this is your apartment after all.” I said flashing my cutesy smile on her.

 

She smiled back at me before she ran towards her bedroom excitedly.

 

“omo!!! I like the room GD ssi!!!” i heard her yelled inside of her room.

 

I followed her and i grinned widely when i saw her pratically jumping up and down on her bed.

 

“GD ssi look! I got a soft bed!!!” she squeeled making my heart more happy.

“stop Jumping up and down on your bed Hee Young ssi. Your bed might be broken.” I said making a lame joke.

 

She giggled cutely before she stopped from what she was doing. Then she get off on her bed and opened the window that made the whole room bright.

 

“wow...” that’s all i heard from her.

 

She was aweing the sight from her window. Well, since we are in one of the highest building, she can see the small sight of Namsan Tower from her room.

 

“GD ssi... this place is so fantastic.” She awed.

 

I can’t do anything but to chuckled. She’s too cute and very childish. She somewhat a bit different from his old Hee Young because His Hee Young is not as chicldish as this Hee Young in front of him.

 

“so.. Hee Young, this will be your closet.” I said changing the topic.

She took off her gaze on the window and looked at her closet which i showed.

 

“do you need any help?” i asked her.

 

But instead of answering me, she smiled at me with those smokey eyes that can move my heart out from my chest.

 

“GD ssi, i know you said to me that you want to explain why you acted like that around me in the near future but.. can i ask you something? Promise, just one question.” She said lifting her index finger showing me the number 1 sign.

 

The truth is, i really don’t know how to start. Should i say yes? What if that was too confidential? Can i answer it?

 

Sighing in defeat, i nod once saying i agreed.,

 

“uhm...  Do i really look like her?” she asked silently.

 

I felt like my surroundings stopped for a moment. She’s asking me if she really looks like her.

 

“uhh.. yes..” i answered shortly.

 

“is she... your girlfriend?” she asked again.

 

“hey. You said only one question? You broke your promise.” I said making the situation cool.

 

“GD ssi, i’m just.. curious.” She said sadly.

 

How can i resist this sad face?! F**k, i am really in a deep when i always see those eyes.

 

“fine. I’ll answer your last question. But no more next ok? Yes. She’s my girlfriend. She really looks like you.” I said making my way out of the room.

 

It’s not that i am mad at her, it’s just that i wanted to escape from her questions. I am not yet ready. And besides, she said she’ll only asked me once, but then she made her second questions. I’m afraid she’ll do her third question that’s why i went out immediately to avoid it.

 

She then followed me outside and i heard her worried tone.

 

“GD ssi, are you mad at me? I’m sorry. I shouldn’t asked you about her. I should have just waited for you to open those things to me.” She said.

 

Once i stopped on my tracks, i also felt her footsteps stopped. I turned my face to her and smiled showing to her that i am not mad at all.

 

“who told you i’m mad? I am not you silly. Besides, whether we discuss this today or not, i’ll still open that story to you someday. So don’t worry too much ok? I just went outside because i’m afraid you’ll ask me again for the third time. You know breaking promises is the thing i hated most.” I said smiling at her.

I saw her sighed before smiling at me.

 

“GD ssi, you’re such a tease.” She said before chuckling whole heartedly. Oh i wish your my old Hee Young. I really wanted to hug and kiss you.

 

“arasseo Hee Young ssi, if there are no things you needed then i’ll go now. Let’s just meet again tomorrow ok? I bet YG sajangnim had already given you your training schedule.” I said as i made my way to her door.

 

“ne GD ssi. I have already my schedule. Sorry for the bad meeting we had. I hope we’ll be able to change the past.” She said. And that hits me.

 

‘I hope we’ll be able to change the past.’

 

This is what i always say after my Hee Young died.

 

“GD ssi, are you ok?” she snapped me out from my revery.

 

“oh.. oh yeah.” I chuckled lightly when finally i woke up from my short day dreaming.

 

“it’s ok. We can’t change the past though. Let’s just make a new start. We can be good friends and maybe we can start that... today?” i said shyly making her smile widely.

 

“of course GD ssi. I’m willing to be your good friend.” She said as she patted my shoulder.

 

“thanks. Then i’ll be going. See you tomorrow. Don’t be late ok? I can be mean to you if you won’t come early. You heard sajangnim a while ago. I’m mean when it comes to work. I’m a perfectionist.” I said earning a small laugh from her.

 

“arasseo arasseo. You sound like threatening me.” She said.

 

I laughed heartedly on her statement.

 

“i’m not thretening you ok? Cha. Got to go. have some rest. Bye.”

 

Before a blink. I am already at the YG building to get my bently. I will have my half day today since i am still on my leave. I need to go back to my apartment first before i go to psychiatrist. I just need to check things first.,

 

When i arrived at my apartment, i immediately went to my room and took out my white box from my closet. This box is a very important thing to me. This is where i placed and kept my memories with Hee Young.

I opened the box and still sighed in relief when i saw our couple rings,

her pink ponytail,

her guitar peak,

her ipod recorder,

and the songs she composed before. This is where i also placed our old pictures like when we had our first date. The pictures we had during her trainee days in YG, and also some memorable things from our relationship. This box also contained the most heartbreaking memories of our past. When Hee Young died, her death were all over the news before. I took a cut newspaper where her death headline was written.

 

DATE : July 26, 2013

‘YG new artist Yoon Hee Young died in a car accident”

 

Whenever i read this news, i can’t restrain myself not to cry. Since her death i started to hate the word death. I started to feel anger against that word. That word is the reason why i’m suffering right now. Both pysical and emotional. And it seems like it was already affected my mentality already.

 

After I looked at the news headline that  I cutted from the newspaper that day, I putted it down and took the recorder where I recorded my new composed song for Hee Young. After Hee Young’s death, i poured myself on making a new song for her. And here it is right now. The finished song i’ve made for her. The lyrics was neatly folded on the white box with the recorder. I am actually planning to debut after three months so that i can sing this song for her. But it seems like everthing’s going to change right now.

 

I need to stop sulking. Now that i know Hee Young’s back. Though i am really confused what’s really happening around me, i think i shouldn’t be complaining right now. I want to cherish this moment now that she’s back. Whether she was my Hee Young or not, i won’t let her go. it’s time for me to work, now that she’s back. Sulking is not the best way to do as of now. I will make everything right. I’ll help her to debut. Maybe God really heard my wish. This is my last chance to make a big change. Hee Young ah.. you’ll debut and you will make your own name in music industry. I will change the past.

 

I immeidately closed the white box and kept it on my closet again. I dialed IU’s number and called her to discuss about the upcomming photoshoot of Young Bae this comming week.

 

“Yobosaeyo?” IU answered from the other line.

 

“IU this is me Jiyong.” I said in a monotone.

 

“oh, oppa, why did you call? Is there any problem?” IU asked.

 

“nothing. I just wanted to check YB’s schedule next week. Is the photographer already made a meeting?” i asked.

 

“photographer? Wae? What’s with the photographer?” she asked making my blood boil.

 

“IU i just want to remind you that YB will be having his photoshoot for Elle magazine next week.” I said sternly.

 

Then, i heard a silence.

 

“IU. Are you there?” i asked with my brows met.

 

“oppa, YB will be having his fan meeting next week around South Korea. He has no photoshoot next week.” She said confused.

 

Now it’s me had the confusions on my face.

 

“mwo? Again? But he just had his fan meeting last march!” i said pissed.

 

“oppa, it’s still march. Are you out of your mind?” she said with her pissed tone too.

 

What?! March?! But it’s already July 30!!!

 

“kindly check your calendar oppa. It’s still march. And his Elle feature will still be on august. First week of august.”

 

And with that, i ended the call and checked if IU is right., and yes! It’s still march! What the hell!!! What’s happening? Did I went back from the past?

 

that’s it. I got it in an instant. God gave me the second chance to change my missery. I felt it creepy but I can’t deny my feelings that i am happy because i’ll be able to save Hee Young. My Hee Young!

 

“thank you Lord for this.” I whispered and looked up.