Chapter 8

Online Dating

 

The boys went to Heechul’s house and hang since they girls were at Siwon and Tiffany’s place. Since Heechul and Siwon were playing Starcraft and Leeteuk was busy texting Taeyeon, Eunhyuk decided to use one of the computers and go on the online dating site.
 
Kim Hyoyeon is online.
Instant message or send message?
 
“Should I send her a message or should I chat with her now?” 
“I say you talk to her now. Mind as well improve the process of getting to know her right?” Leeteuk perked.
“What are you guys talking about?” Heechul asked.
“Kim Hyoyeon is online right now. He can message her or instant message her.”
“I say you instant message her, hyung,” Siwon said.
“Arraso..” Eunhyuk clicked the Instant Message.
 
Hi Kim Hyoyeon!
 
~Girls~
*Beep Beep*
The girls turned their attention to Hyoyeon’s laptop.
 
Hi Kim Hyoyeon!
 
“Who’s that Hyo?” the girls asked.
“Uhm, it’s Lee Hyukjae.”
“Say ‘Hi’ back!”
 
Hey there.
How are you?
Fine, you?
I feel awesome! :D
 
Hyoyeon giggled when she read that.
“Aww, someone’s smiling because of a boyyyy~” Taeyeon teased.
“Shh! Let her keep talking with him!” Sunny smiled.
 
So what are you doing right now?
Hanging out with my friends.
Really? Me too!
 
~Boys~
“So how’s it going with her?” Heechul asked.
“Getting the hang of it,” Eunhyuk replied.
“Let me see, that’s not how you talk to a girl! Let me show you,” Heechul said as he took the computer.
 
How old are you? 
I am 24 years old. You?
I am 27, that makes me your oppa! ^^ will you call me oppa?
But I don’t know you though…
It’s all good! We will get close eventually if we keep talking to each other! (:
What is your occupation?
 
“Hyuk-ah, what do you want me to tell her?” Heechul asked.
“Give it back.”
“Don’t tell her that you are the son of a CEO! What happens if she’s a gold digger?!” Siwon warned.
“No, she isn’t,” Leeteuk said calmly.
“How do you know?”
“Crap, I forgot. Low key, Jungsoo, low key!” Leeteuk thought. “Uhm, uh, look at her picture, she doesn’t look like one at all,” Leeteuk finally said.
“That’s how all girls look like,” Siwon said.
“Who knows, she might be different!” 
 
*Beep beep*
Hellooo? 
 
“Tell her that you work under your office then.”
 
Sorry! I got distracted. I work under Lee Technology Inc. How about you?
 
“Aigoo, you already know that.” 
“So? I got to keep the conversation, you know?”
 
~Girls~
“Hyoyeon-ah, if you work under that place, that means they have a good income. If you ever date, then that means you’re set!” Sunny said.
“Who says that I am going to date him?”
“You never knowwww~ Fate might bring you two together,” Tiffany gleamed.
“Well, it’s getting late. You have work tomorrow Hyoyeon. Tell your boyfriend good night!” Taeyeon teased.
 
I work at Demo Co.
Oh! Coolios if I visit you sometime soon? To see how you really look like? Don’t worry, I am not a creep. 
 
“Taeyeon-ah, what should I say to him?”
The three girls already knew what was going on and they want Hyoyeon to finally live happily after. “Of course! If he is a creep or bad person then just report him!” Taeyeon answered.
“Hmm, okay then.”
 
Uh, yeah sure. Why not? Meeting each other wouldn’t be so bad.
Yay! If you ever see some handsome young man, just know that it is me. ;)
 
Hyoyeon read it and smiled.
 
Alright, it is getting late. Nights!
Haha, okay. Good night! Sweet dreams! (:
 
~One week later~
Ever since “If you ever see a handsome young man, just know that it’s me,” Hyoyeon has always been on the look out when she works. When someone walks into her work place, she would always look out her office window to see if it is a “handsome young man.” Once in a while, there would be a handsome man be in the place, but sadly, it’s not her “pen pal.” Hyoyeon was occupied with reading the papers on the desk that she did not see someone walk into her work area.
 
*Knock-knock*
No answer.
*Knock-knock*
No answer.
 
“Yah! Did you not hear me? I knocked 2 times!” Sunny said as she walked into her office.
“Sorry, I’ve been quite busy today. I have a bunch to do. Mind texting Taeyeon that I might not make it home for dinner?” 
“Hmm, alright then. I won’t bother you then. Just wanted to give you a visit since I was passing by.”
“See you soon!” Hyoyeon smiled at her.
“Byeee!” Sunny waved as she left.
As Sunny was leaving the building, she saw Eunhyuk and panicked.
“Crap, I can’t let him see me. Aish, where is my sunglasses?!” she rummaged through her bag. She finally found it and put it on. Sunny quickly fast walked out of the building. When she got outside, she was relieved. 
“Aw, he really did come see her. He even bought flowers! I should text her.”
 
I just saw a cutie walk into your building. He even has flowers! He might be looking for you. Heads up!
 
*Vibrate-vibrate*
“Aigoo, what should I do? Should I look nice?” Hyoyeon grabbed the mirror out of the bag and fixed her hair and applied more lip gloss.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
“Hmm, that girl looks familiar… oh wells.”
“Hi, welcome to Demo Co. How may I help you?”
“Hey there, I am looking for Kim Hyoyeon. May I know what level she is in?”
“Ah yes, she is level 6. I never knew she has a boyfriend. I wish you two luck.”
“Cool, thanks! Oh, we are not dating… yet.”
“Haha, I see. I wish you good luck!”
 
“Ms. Kim, you have someone wanting to see you,” her secretary said through the phone.
“Thanks. Send the person right in please.”
*Knock-knock*
“Come in.”
“Ms. Kim Hyoyeon, it’s nice to finally meet you. And these are for you,” Hyukjae smiled as he closed the door.
“Mr. Lee Hyukjae, nice to see you too. Thanks for the beautiful flowers.” Hyoyeon smiled. 
“He’s not bad looking in person,” she thought.
“So what do you want to do now? Are you busy?”
“Uh, yes. Kind of…”
“Oh, then do you want me to come another time. Because I can.”
“No, I am almost done. Just give me 15 minutes, is that okay?”
“Yeah, it is fine! Take your time. I will just sit right there,” he said pointing to the couch in her office.
 
Hyoyeon continued working, reading papers, typing on the computer, calling her assistant. Eunhyuk couldn’t help but admire her.
“Wow, she’s so pretty when she is working…”
Every few minutes or so, Hyoyeon would catch him looking at her which causes him to quickly look at his phone and pretend to do something. It made Hyoyeon smile, secretly.
“He is so silly.”
Finally, Hyoyeon was done. “Okay, I am done. So what do you want to do?”
“Well, it is just 7:45, want to go to a street market, then go for dinner?”
“Sounds fun! Wait, but we have two separate cars? What do we do?”
“Can you leave your car here overnight?”
“I guess so. It should be fine.”
“Alright, then everything is settled. I will take you home.”
 
~In the car~
“Sooo, you should still call me oppa,” Eunhyuk said trying to break the silence in the car.
“And why should I do that?” she smiled.
“Because I am older than you?”
“And how will you know that we will be closer?”
“Because I know we will,” he winked at her. She blushed.
“Does that mean no formalities?”
“No formalities.”
“Alright oppa.. I trust you on this.”
For some reason, “oppa” made his heart skip a beat.
A few minutes later, they arrived at the street market.
"Ask me," Eunhyuk said.
"What?"
"I know you have some questions about me. Ask me, I will ask about you,"
“Hmm.. Are you a playboy?”
“In a way.. Sure? But that can change,” he smiled at her. 
*ba-dum ba-dum* Hyoyeon’s heart went.
“What do you like in guys?”
“I like men who are handsome-”
“Check!”
“Very funny. Smart, funny, hardworking-”
“Got all that check!” Eunhyuk cut in again.
“Stop cutting me off! Hmmm, what else is there, oh! And he has to dance really well!” Hyoyeon clapped her hands when she thought of dancing.
“Ha! I dance awesomely well!” 
“Well, what do you like in girls?”
“To be honest, I think anything is fine. Except for one thing, they have to be good looking.”
“Then what am I?”
“Hey hey hey. It is my turn! You are pretty, in my eyes,” he smiled at her. *ba-dum ba-dum* “Anyways, how many boyfriends do you have?”
“Three. How about you? Oh no wait, you are a playboy. You have a ton.”
“Heyyyy! I have meaningful relationships at times.”
“Then how many ‘meaningful relationships’ have you had?”
“Four. Not bad for a playboy eh,” he nudged her.
“It’s 8:30, where do you want to eat at?” Eunhyuk checked his watch.
“What kind of cuisine do you like?”
“Korean, American, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, and much more. So where do you want to eat at?”
“Surprise me. Look! These hair clips are so cute!” Hyoyeon said as she looked at them.
“Which one do you like? I’ll buy one for you.”
“Should I get the pink or the white one?” 
“I like the pink one. Excuse me, ahjumma, I want to buy this one please,” Eunhyuk reached for his wallet.
“Okay, hold on,” at the same time, the ahjumma also put in the white one into the bag.
“Ahjumma! I only want the pink one!” Eunhyuk said.
“I know. Since you two are so cute together, I will give you the white one for free. You must love your girlfriend very much,” she smiled at the pair.
“We are not dating,” the two blushed.
“Oh, sorry. My bad. But still, keep the white one,” she handed the two their bag.
“Thanks, ahjumma!” the two bowed.
 
“Haha! Ahjumma says we look good together!” Eunhyuk smiled.
“You make us sound like we’ve known each other forever and are really close to each other.”
“Don’t worry. We will be close to each other. So where do you want to eat?”
“I did say surprise me.”
“Okay, let’s go. I know just the place.”
 
“Wow, this place is beautiful,” Hyoyeon admired the restaurant.
“I know right, this is one of my favorites.”
“Mr. Lee, I see you have brought a guest. The usual seating?”
“Yes, the usual. Come here, Hyoyeon-ah. Your mind is just about to be blown away.”
The two were seated outside on the balcony. It had the full view of Seoul.
“Whoaaa! The view is just as pretty as inside. The lights are on and everything is so pretty!”
“Go ahead and order.”
The food arrived and they two obviously enjoyed each other’s presence. Surprisingly, their date went well.
“Soooo.. How do you want to do this?” Hyoyeon asked.
“What do you mean?” Eunhyuk didn’t seem to understand.
“You know, the online dating thing,”
“Oh, what about it?”
“Since we already met each other, and went on a date. Do we continue or we are still allowed to see other people? After all, we did meet online,” Hyoyeon explained.
“What do you want to do about this?” Eunhyuk said.
“Well, in my honest opinion, if ‘we’ get along then we can work it out. But if not, then we see other people.”
“So are trying to say that we give each other a time limit and if we work then we date for real and no more online dating?” Eunhyuk chuckled.
“Yup. So what do you say?”
“Sounds legit. How long do you want this ‘trial’ to be?”
“Trial? Haha. One month?”
“Okay, I wish the both of us luck. So no more online dating for now?”
“No more online dating for one month.”
It was getting late, and Hyoyeon had work the next day. 
“Where do you live?”
Hyoyeon told him the address and the two communicated really well. They joked, had some good laughs, afterwards, Eunhyuk the radio.
“What’s your jam?” Eunhyuk asked as he changed the station.
“Anything is fine, I can dance to anything?”
“Anythiiiing~?”
“Anything.”
“You said it!” Eunhyuk switched to a classical station. The station plays classical jazz music.
“Can you dance to this? HAHA,” Eunhyuk teased.
“Give me a moment to figure it out. Hey! You said that you are a good dancer! Can you dance to this?!”
"... Touché.”
“I got nothing so far. Change the station. This music is making me sleepy.”
“Oh! This one! It has all the current music in our KPOP Industry,”
Big Bang’s Fantastic Baby came on, “Oooh! I love this boy group. Aren’t they handsome?” Hyoyeon fantasized.
“Am I not handsome?”
“You are handsome, but not as handsome as T.O.P,” Hyoyeon said without hesitation.
“Well, that makes me not happy,” he pouted.
“Oh, please don’t pout. That doesn’t make you cute.”
“You know what I just noticed?”
“What?”
“We’ve gotten closer. We are connect so naturally.”
*ba-dum ba-dum* “You can stop here, my house is just right there,” Hyoyeon looked at the street.
“Hey, give me your phone, let me take a picture of us together.” Hyoyeon handed her the phone, but Eunhyuk only took it, and called his own number. 
*Ring ring*
“There, I now have your number,” he winked at her.
“Very funny, Hyukjae oppa.”
“Hey! You just called me oppa for the second time of the day. It’s getting late. You should go into the house now.”
“Alright, thanks for the night. I had lots of fun.”
“Me too. Bye!” Just like that, Eunhyuk drove off.
“Taeyeon-ah, I’m home!” she took off her shoes.
“About time! Sunny texted me about your date. Oh! He brought you flowers too! How was the date?”
“It was fun, I am gonna go knock out on my bed now. I am tired! Nights Taengoo~”
“Night Hyo~ Yah! Don’t you need to shower?!” 
“I’ll do it tomorrow morning.“
“Fine, nights Hyo~“ Taeyeon grabbed her phone and texted Leeteuk.
 
Hyoyeon must’ve had a good time. She had a huge smile on her face when she came home.
Oh yeah, that’s good then. How come you are still awake, it is 11:30 right now.
I was waiting for Hyoyeonnie that’s why. And I haven’t finished my drama yet! Hyun Bin oppa is so handsome in Secret Garden.
Yah! Go sleep!
Good night oppa~ ^^
...... We will see what happen when I see you!
Nighties! <3
 
Hyoyeon changed into her pajamas and plopped herself onto the bed.
*vibrate vibrate*
Good night, sweet dreams. (:
 
*ba-dum ba-dum*
Sweet dreams. ^~^
 
- - - - -
Sorry! I know I haven't updated in forever!
but i finally did! (:
i hope this is long enough to satify you readers.
comments are welcomed! <33