Chapter 7

Online Dating

 

~Masquerade Party~
The three girls finally arrived, as they were walking to the house, Hyoyeon realized she left her phone in the car.
“Taeyeon-ah, I forgot my phone, give me the car keys. You girls go first!” Hyoyeon asked.
“Here, catch!” Taeyeon tossed the keys.
“See you later, try and find us!” Tiffany joked.
Taeyeon and Tiffany walked to the house as Hyoyeon went back to the car. Hyoyeon got her phone and walked back to the house. As she was checking her phone for messages, she didn’t see someone walking in front of her and accidentally bumped into the person. The bump caused her to drop the car keys and her phone.
“Oh! Sorry! I wasn’t watching where I was going. Are you okay?” Hyoyeon asked as she knelt down to pick up her items.
“Oh, no I am fine. Are you okay?” the person asked.
“Yes, I am fine,” Hyoyeon got up and realized that the person was a man in a mask. “Are you going to the masquerade too?”
“Ah yes, I am. I believe you are too. Shall we walk together?” the man asked.
“Of course,” Hyoyeon agreed.
Since it was dark outside, the two couldn’t really see how each other looked like except that they knew each other’s gender. The two walked up the porch, the mysterious man opened the door and smiled, “Ladies first.”
“Thank you,” Hyoyeon smiled. The two finally entered a place where they can see how each other look like.
“Wow, isn’t she a beauty,” the man thought.
“He is quite good looking,” Hyoyeon thought.
The two were mesmerizing, when they entered, most of the people’s attention were on them. 
“Well, I am going to go look for my friends..” Hyoyeon smiled.
“Oh, I should look for mine too,” the man replied.
The two separated not knowing that they already met each other before. Hyoyeon started to search the place trying to find someone in pink. 
“Yah! Over here,” she saw Tiffany waved. Hyoyeon made her way to her group of friends.
“Long time no see, Hyoyeon-ah!” a girl hugged her.
“Sunny! I missed you so much!” Hyoyeon excitedly said.
“Now that we are all here, let’s enjoy the party!” Taeyeon said as she walked to the dance floor.
Everyone was enjoying the party and soon it came to the main dance. Sunny and Sungmin went to the center of the stage and called for everyone’s attention.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, we’d like to thank you for coming to our party. Now, we will have our main dance. Please, make a circle. The ladies, pick a gentleman to dance with! We will have the traditional dance where everyone gets to have a turn to dance with each other. Each pair would get at least 2 minutes of dancing,” Sungmin announced. 
Of course, Taeyeon and Leeteuk was a pair, Siwon and Tiffany, Sunny and Sungmin, and Hyoyeon just went to some random guy. Everyone’s going to dance with each other anyways, doesn’t matter right?
Everyone was having a fun, dancing with new partners all the time. It made Hyoyeon wonder, “Will I get to meet the man I just bumped into?” Hyoyeon scanned  the circle of dancers and finally found him. He was wearing a golden mask and a beautiful tuxedo. Hyoyeon counted how many guys she had to dance with until it was his turn, about 8 people. Finally, Hyoyeon has been counting how many minutes has it been, 16 minutes was over, and it was his turn at last.
“Oh, pleasant to see you again,” the man smiled.
“Yeah,” she awkwardly replied.
“Enjoying the party?” 
“Yup, you?”
“Same thing.”
“Well, you look beautiful tonight.”
“Same goes to you, you look handsome.”
“To be honest, I have been waiting for you, 8 pairs between us, can you imagine waiting 16 minutes for you?” *ba-dum ba-dum* her heart thumped when he said that.
“Th-thanks..” she blushed. “It was the same for me too.”
The two danced without saying anything afterwards. The man couldn’t wait anymore, he must know her name.
“What’s your name?”
“My name is-” too late, the music stopped. It was time to change partners. The girl that was after Hyoyeon quickly came to the man and held his hand and got ready to dance. Hyoyeon and the made a 3 second eye contact before Hyoyeon positioned herself to dance with her new partner.  After the traditional dance, everyone gathered back to their own group of friends and started talking.
“Eunhyuk-ah, seen any ladies? Or are you still not over your online girl?” Leeteuk teased.
“You know, I met a girl today. I bumped into her by accident today though. But I never got her name,” Eunhyuk said.
“Another one?!” Heechul joked.
“Going to stalk her too?” Siwon teased.
“I don’t get it..” Sungmin said.
“Let me feel you in, so Hyukjae here, met a girl at Siwon’s party, he stalked her. Now he tells us he met another girl, so I think he’s going to stalk her again,” Heechul explained.
“So are you?” Sungmin joked along.
“Nah, I think I am over it..”
“Lies, I am an CIA agent, I know the difference,” Heechul squinted his eyes on him.
“How does she look like?” Sungmin asked.
“Which one?” Eunhyuk cheekily asked.
“What a player,” Siwon said.
“The one you just danced with!” Sungmin said.
“I danced with both..” 
Leeteuk smacked his head, “The one with the mask! Babo.”
“Ohhh, she has brown hair and she is wearing a skin-colored dress and a gray mask,” Eunhyuk replied.
Leeteuk then realized what’s going to happen. If they find out where Hyoyeon was, then they would find the other girls, and it’s pretty hard to miss Tiffany since she’s wearing pink. Leeteuk quickly texted telling Taeyeon to have Hyoyeon leave first so their plan of having Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk together wouldn’t be ruined.
 
Babe, we got some trouble.
What’s wrong?
Eunhyuk apparently fell for Hyoyeon… again. 
HAHAHA. And?
He described how she looked like, if the guys find her, then everything’s going to be ruined because you guys are with each other.
Ohhh, so I have to take her home then?
Ish.. Yeaaah.
Oh okay, no problem. I got this. See you later darling.
 
“Who you texting?” Heechul peered.
“My girlfriend of course.”
“I never met her!”
“None of us did. I finally met her at Siwon’s party,” Eunhyuk said.
“I did, I met her at my wedding with Sunny, she’s a keeper,” Sungmin said.
“Well, I didn’t! let me meet her!” Heechul stated.
“Later, she’s hanging out with her friends.”
“Fine, remember, LATER.”
 
“We have to take Hyoyeon our first. Leeteuk said that the guys might catch her with us. The plan might be blown,” Taeyeon whispered to Tiffany.
“Oh, okay… It’s getting late, I think we should go first. Sunny, want to come with us? We can have a sleepover!” Tiffany exclaimed.
“But what about Siwon oppa?” Sunny asked.
“It’s okay, I will kick him out. He can hang with his Hyungs,” Tiffany giggled. 
“Oh, let me tell Sungmin oppa first,” Sunny was about to go, but Taeyeon held onto her.
“No, it’s okay. Let them enjoy they men time, I will go tell them. Oppa told me that his friends want to meet me,” Taeyeon smiled. 
“No! You guys go tell talk to your man, I will go wait in the car. Taeyeon-ah, give me the car keys,” Hyoyeon said.
“Oh, okay then,” Taeyeon gave her the keys.
Hyoyeon left first and the other girls went to look for the boys. The three girls made their way and Taeyeon and Tiffany warned Sunny.
“Don’t mention anything about Hyoyeon, we will explain later.”
“Oh okay then.”
“Oppa!” the girls shouted.
“There you are Taengoo!” Leeteuk held her hand.
“Ah, so this is the Kim Taeyeon eh? Nice to meet you. I am Kim Heechul,” he extended his hand out.
“Nice to meet you too!” Taeyeon shook his hand.
“Ah, oppa, the three of us are going to have a sleep over at my house. So Siwon oppa, go crash at one of the oppas house,” Tiffany smiled.
“Alright! My house! Boys night!” Heechul exclaimed.