Chapter 5

Online Dating

 

Hyoyeon arrived at her work place. As she walked to her office, her co-workers were giving her a funny look.
“What’s so funny?” she thought.
When she saw her assistant, she asked her what’s wrong. 
“Uhm, unnie might want to check your email..” her assistant, Seohyun said.
Hyoyeon walked to her computer, went onto her web browser and logged into her email. 
The first email she saw was from her best friend, Taeyeon.
 
To: Kim Hyoyeon, Lee Youngmi, Shin Gayeon, Park Hyesung, Jang Jooyeon, etc.
From: Kim Taeyeon
 
HELLO HYOYEON’S CO-WORKERS!
I am Kim Hyoyeon’s best friend, Kim Taeyeon. As you all know, our Hyoyeon, has not been dating for a long time. I, as her best friend, decided to take charge and help her have a romantic life. Here, I created an account for Hyoyeon. An online dating website, if you are interested, or have other friends that are interested in dating, please send Hyoyeon a message on the website. Thank You! 
The web link is: findlove.com/KimHyoyeon
 
P.S: REMEMBER TO FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO YOUR FRIENDS!
 
Sincerely, 
Kim Taeyeon
 
“Oh my god. I am soooo going to kill her!” Hyoyeon exclaimed as she reached for her cell phone.
 
She dialed Taeyeon’s number.
 
“Hello?”
“How dare you.”
“What are you talking about?” Taeyeon snickered.
“You are sooo going to get it when I get home.”
“I am just helping you out.”
“No you are not.”
“Yes I am. You will thank me when the good lookin’ boys come for ya!”
“I shall get back to work. Bye Taeyeon.”
“Love you too! Byeee!” Taeyeon shouted.
 
“I can’t believe this is happening. Can you believe this Seohyun-ah?” Hyoyeon rubbed her forehead.
“Well, Taeyeon unnie did it for your own good… I have been your assistant for 3 years, unnie hasn’t been on many dates..” Seohyun stated.
“Wow, it has been that long then huh? Should I give it a try?” she asked.
“The decision is up to you, unnie. If there’s nothing else, I will be in my cubicle,” Seohyun left.
Hyoyeon stared at the link address. “Should I do it? Should I ignore it?” she thought. Like an extinct, her right hand moved the mouse. She clicked the link.
 
Well, it didn’t seem so bad. The center is her profile picture, the right has her profile, and the left has the males that left her a message or a click “showing interest.” 
“Wow, 10 people already? That’s not so bad. Taeyeon also picked out a pretty picture of me too.” Hyoyeon clicked the “Interested People” title and looked at the males.
“That one looks weird, he is too skinny,” as Hyoyeon was criticizing or complicated the males’ looks, one male particularly caught her eyes. She stopped scrolling and her mouse landed on a name. Lee Hyukjae. 
“He seems familiar.. He looks like that Hyuk guy. Nah, I don’t think its possible for him to find me. Taeyeon created this just yesterday. Although his facial features does look like him. Nah, there are many look-a-likes out there anyways,” Hyoyeon said to herself. 
Hyoyeon continued to look at the males who are interested. She rejected some and accepted some. Afterwards, the office phone rang saying that there is a meeting she needed to attend. Hyoyeon grabbed the things she needed and left for the meeting.
 
~Eunhyuk~
After making an account at Heechul’s house, the boys left and Siwon drove him back to Siwon’s house. Since they practically spent the whole day at Heechul, Siwon suggested him to just sleep over. The next day, Eunhyuk woke up and the first thing he did was to grab Siwon’s laptop and log into his dating profile to see if Hyoyeon accepted his request or not.
"Aish, why isn't she replying!" Eunhyuk ruffled his hair.
“Hyung, chill. She might be busy and didn’t have time to check her account. Besides, you only met her two days ago, for a couple hours too! Maybe she just isn’t the one,” Siwon comforted Eunhyuk.
 
*Ding-dong*
“Be right back,” Siwon got up to open the door.
“Hey Heechul hyung, Leeteuk hyung. What’s up?” Siwon greeted.
“Oh you know, just checking up on Romeo here,” Leeteuk joked.
“So what happened so far?” Heechul asked.
“Well, Eunhyuk hyung had been staring at the laptop since he got home. Then now, the first thing he did right when he woke up was check the laptop,” Siwon answered.
“One word, Eunhyuk. Just one word. Obsessed,” Heechul pointed.
“Heechul hyung, I thought you said you had some undercover work to do,” Eunhyuk sadly glared at Heechul.
“Don’t worry about it. I am one of the Elites in the squad,” Heechul relaxed.
 
The four boys hung out the entire morning. Playing games, talking about cars, girls, etc. 3 hours later, something interrupted their conversation.
 
*Ding-ding!*
“What was that?” Heechul asked as he looked around.
“I don’t kno- WAIT THAT’S THE DATING WEBSITE!” Eunhyuk ran over to the laptop to check it out.
 
“One new notification: Kim Hyoyeon has accepted your request. You may now message her.”
 
Eunhyuk happily pressed the notification which brought him to Hyoyeon’s profile. He clicked the message button and thought of what to write. The three boys came behind him and realized what has happened.
“Wow, so fast hyung. Already trying to message her?” Siwon asked.
“What happens if the girl has other suitors online too?” Heechul added.
“Aish, just help me think of what to write to her!” Eunhyuk passed the laptop the boys.
“My dongsaeng, you are very grateful to have a hung like me,” Heechul cracked his knuckles and got ready in typing position.
 
Dear Kim Hyoyeon,
I am grateful for having you to accept my request. Since we do not know each other, I would like to give some basic information of me. My name is Lee Hyukjae, my birthday is April 4, 1986, I like to dance, and have fun. Considering how this is an online dating website, I will stop here and wait for your reply. (: 
 
“So uhm, do you trust me, Eunhyuk?” Heechul asked as he passed the laptop to Eunhuyk.
“Yes, at least you have something and I don’t.”
“Alright then, press send!” 
 
- - - - -
sorry for not updating.
i will try to write longer chapters.
please be patient! (:
comments are welcomed.