Chapter 6

I lied... I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wednesday at school had completely blown by. Karam had thought that maybe the rumors of Seungho and he would've died overnight, but if anything, they had just gotten more widespread.

After the school sessions ended for the first half of the day, Karam walked to Changmin's classroom to hand him the car key because he would be staying behind for the tutorial session with Seungho.

"It's okay, Hyung. I can wait until you finish tutoring. Who is that boy anyway?" Changmin asked.

"He's my classmate. Minnie, just go home first, okay? Hyung is not sure what time the tutorial will be finished. Anyway, Key will stay back with hyung. He said he needed to find some books in the library." Karam smiled at his brother. "Want to have lunch with hyung today?"

Changmin ran his fingers in his hair. "Mmm..hyung, I've promised to have lunch with HaNa today. Sorry, Hyung."

"Nah... it's okay. Baby doesn’t have to say sorry. She's your girlfriend anyway."

"Are you sure you don't want me to fetch you later, Hyung?"

"Yup, no need. Hyung will go back with Key."

"Okay Hyung, if you're sure about this. And don't be late. See you at home, " the younger boy said. As Karam was about to walk away, he heard his brother call him. "Hyung."

Karam turned to him and smiled sweetly. "What is it, baby?"

"Hyung, for dinner tonight, do you want to eat out, or shall we get something in?" Changmin asked in an oh-so-sweet voice.

"Eat out," Karam replied after a moments thought. "Somewhere nice."

Changmin smiled. "Anything for my brother."

Karam smiled at him as he waved goodbye to him.

Karam drummed his fingers on the table as he sat at a table in the library. Alright, this is ridiculous. 'It isn't fair. Why him?' Karam couldn't believe that out all of the students in his high school, he had to do a tutorial with Yang Seungho. And he wasn't even at the library yet. Not even his shadow.

He's counting to ten and if Seungho hasn't show up, this tutoring thingy is over. 1..2..3........8..9...

"Waiting for me, love?" Oddly enough, Seungho did show up at exactly that moment. Karam turned in his seat to see Seungho standing above him. He took his seat and faced Karam.

"No, well, yes…how did you even know that?" Karam answered with a sarcastic tone. This guy was really starting to annoy him.

Seungho smirked knowingly, before shrugging. "Oh, okay, I admit it. We have a lot of serious problems," Seungho said, sighing. To be honest, he wasn't sure what he had done to piss Karam off. "But I'm here now."

Karam sighed, then took out his algebra notebook. "So let's go right to our lessons for this afternoon so we can go home." Karam passed him a piece of paper that had a few exercises already written down. "Mr. Park has briefed me on what subjects to cover, so let's start with this one first."

Seungho was frowning thoughtfully at the paper, unconsciously chewing on his lower lip. "Um…"

Karam smiled. He knew that mannerism of his; it meant that he had no idea what the next step in solving the problem was.

Karam started slowly, "Let's do question number one...."

 

<_**_>

 

"…so that's how we get the final answer," explained Karam, tapping his ballpoint pen on the edge of the notebook paper. "Did you get it?"

Seungho nodded quickly. "Yup! Precisely clear!"

"OK, time's up," Karam announced.

"W-What? So fast?" Seungho watched in fascination as Karam showed him his stopwatch.

Karam's hands moved fast gathering all the papers on the table. Seungho quickly caught his hand, his grip strong and firm.  Karam looked up at him and their eyes met. He tried to free his hand making Seungho tighten his grip.  "Seungho, hands off now or I will call these sessions off. All of them," Karam warned him.

Seungho saw from the serious expression on his face that Karam meant every word he'd spoken. He released Karam's hand and threw both of his own into the air before he leaned back in his chair. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I promise."

Karam was calm. He wasn't angry or upset. He was relaxed. "Okay. As long as you keep your words."

Seungho nodded, smiling as he did so. "Do you want me to send you home?"

"No, thanks. Key is here," Karam said, pointing at a corner of the library where Key was seated. "He's waiting for me."

"Okay, I'll let it go this time. But after this, let just me send you home. You don't have to bother Key again. He must be tired from waiting."

Karam looked at him. 'He was right. Poor Key.' "I...I'll think about it."

Seungho smiled. "Thanks for today. I'll see you tomorrow in class, okay?"

Karam nodded once. "Umm... bye Seungho." He walked towards Key.

"How did it go?" Key asked.

"Great, except for the end."

"I saw," Key replied, chuckling.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Thursday passed slowly, but finally last period came. Karam was rather bored through his lessons. Key hadn't been there to cheer him up or help him along. Key had been absent again. And Seungho had been rather bothersome with his numerous stares. Karam wished that he would just leave him alone, or perhaps disappear altogether, but that was highly unlikely. So instead he sighed and tried his best to ignore Seungho. It was obvious that without Key around, his days didn't seem as bright.

Ten minutes remained of the class and the students talked quietly to one another. The teacher had finished his lesson for the day and had already assigned the homework, leaving everyone to decide for themselves whether or not to use their time wisely.

To Karam's relief, the bell rang a few minutes later and he immediately picked up his books and dashed out of class.

"Hey, Karam, where are you off to in such a hurry? Are you running away from me?"

Karam winced as Seungho's hand closed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter