Chapter 38

I lied... I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seungho arrived at Jung Mansion at one fifty-five p.m. Sitting in his car he tried to remember the last time he and Karam had just spent time together as a couple, Karam barely wanted to touch him anymore and he wouldn't let him get close to him. Seungho sighed again. He hated how Karam was so cold with him sometimes. 'But love is blind right?' Seungho thought to himself. Despite all Karam's flaws and mistakes, he still loved him; he often wondered why he had given Karam another chance. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths to calm himself before he slid out his car, walked over to the main door and pressed the door bell.

Jaejoong opened the door.  "You're right on time." He said with a smile.

"Hello Mr. Jung." Seungho politely greeted Jaejoong with a slight bow.

"Thank you for coming."

"Em, its fine. I wanted to." Seungho replied.

Jaejoong could see that Seungho was quite determined. "I have often said that I love your stubborn nature, but at this moment, I wish that it was not being expressed against my own wishes. I understand your argument with my son, and your point is well taken, but you must admit that I am right as well."

Seungho just keep his silence.

"Karam is in his room. Go ahead. I'll be going out for a while. And Seungho, be nice to him or you will lose him." Jaejoong warned him.

Seungho nodded in reply. "I know."

As Seungho made his way quickly to Karam's room, he had no idea what to expect. He counted the seconds as he drew nearer. The closer he got the harder it became to breathe. Before he knew it, he was at the door. He rested his forehead against the door, closed his eyes and listened to the rhythmic sound of his own breathing. He took a couple of breaths then he did the hardest thing he had to do today – knock on Karam's door.

"Karam, it's me, Seungho. Can we talk?"

Karam froze as he heard the knock and the unexpected voice on his large bedroom door, and suddenly, he was face to face with him. Karam gasped at the sight of him once their gazes locked.  It was obvious, from his wide eyes and parted mouth that he was the last person he expected to find on the other side of the door. 

Seungho could feel he was no longer calm as Karam opened the door and stared at him. "Karam." Seungho breathed out, clearly at a loss for words.

"Hi." Karam practically choked on his own words and his hands were practically rubbed raw from the furious wringing of his fingers. He was now struggling to string a sentence together. "Why are you here?" he finally asked Seungho after a few moments of tension filled silence.

A million different explanations and apologies ran through Seungho head at lighting speed, but none of them felt right or sounded right, especially standing in the front of Karam's door.

"Can... can I come in? Or do you want to go down for a while."

No responds from Karam.

"You're probably wondering why I'm here, aren't you?" Seungho asked as he pursed his lips thoughtfully.

Karam gave Seungho a slow blink this time, as if he didn't want to hurt his feelings by making him feel unwelcomed."Why?"

Seungho felt a small piece of hope die inside at the sound of his distant voice. "I know that I don't have a right to be here, but please just give me five minutes. After that, you can tell me whatever you want, I'm just asking for five minutes."

"Come on in." Karam held the door open wider. With his heart lodged in his throat, Seungho slid past him and entered the room. Karam left the door open and he made his way over to the window and just stared outside.

Seungho walked to him and stood behind his back. Karam could hear his heart beating faster as Seungho came closer to him. So it had suddenly become awkward between them, when it had been so easy and comfortable before. It was like he didn't even know how to talk to him anymore.

"Karam." He called.

Karam didn't want to look up at him. But his husky voice was too alluring.

"Look at me, please."

Karam didn't. He couldn't.

"Please."

Karam bit his lip as he shut his eyes closed. Seungho was begging him. After a minute, Karam turned and looked up at him. He saw pain in Seungho's eyes.

“Karam... that day in my house... I didn't mean anything bad to you. I slipped and fell on you. I... I would never hurt you. I would kill anyone who tried touching you. If I would to hurt you, I would never forgive myself do you understand? I would never harm you." His voice was earnest.

“I know, Seungho. I'm sorry for what my brother did to you. He didn't know."

It was working. Seungho saw it in the way his body drooped a little and the way his eyes softened. The change was slight, but it was enough to give him some hope to cling to. "I deserved that. I know I was a monster. I know I was terrible. I know I caused pain. But I'm not a bad person. That day... That just wasn't me." He confessed as he looked at him straight in the eyes. Karam was trembling now.

"This is not me doing this today, Karam. I would never to this to other people. But with you... You're the reason I'm a different person now. You're the reason I'm standing here today." Seungho reached out for him slowly and hesitantly. Karam shut his eyes closed and felt his eyes filling with something he didn't think he had in him anymore. He was heartbroken by the expression on Seungho's face.

"I was an idiot that day. I said hateful words. I said things I know you can't forgive, but I hope one day, you can." Seungho paused, he did not lose his emotions, he was only more controlled. He added. "I know you must hate me for all the things I said and how I've treated you, and you have all the rights to, but if there is anything I can ever do to regain your trust in me, I will do it." And in a softer voice, "....even give you my life."

Karam’s hand was close to his. He was almost there. Seungho could already feel t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter