Our Beginning

Soulmates From The Start

Serenity:

It’s been a few days since I saw my soulmate. Henry keeps bugging me to go meet him but I refuse.  He constantly tells me to stop being so selfish and to meet him, saying that he’s a good guy and he doesn’t deserve my coldness.

It didn’t take long before I received a call from an unknown number.

“Yeobosayeo?” I say.

“Hey! Serenity?” The man from the other line asks. My heart begins to pick up in speed and my wrist begins to burn.

It’s him.

“Please don’t hang up!” He says after my long silence.

“Listen…I just want to meet you. I’ve waited so long just to get the chance to meet you. Hell I waited so long just to get my date. Please meet me somewhere?” He begs.

Sighing I relent, “okay…but just once…meet me at the park in between 4th and 5th street.”

I hang up and grab my jacket and throw on my boots. This cold winter air seems to just get worse.

Once I make it to the park he is already there slowly swinging back and forth. I plop in the seat next to him and sniffle.

He turns to face me and chuckles, “you’re cute.”

Embarrassed I hide my face behind my gloved hands.

“So your name is Serenity?”

I nod.

“What a pretty name.” He sighs. “My name is Kevin.”

I take a peek at him; sure enough it was Kevin of Ukiss.

He’s my soulmate?

“You’re from Ukiss…right?”

He nods excitedly, “Yes! Oh my god yes! Haha you know! I was hoping you would recognize me.” He hugs himself as he laughs excitedly.

I shake my head, a grin plastered on my face. He sounds more like a fanboy than the other way around.

“Can you get me Eli’s autograph?” I ask teasingly.

He gets up from the swing shocked.

“Why Eli? Aren’t I your favorite?”

I chuckle, “I’m kidding.”

He smiles warmly, his eyes turn into crescents. “So why didn’t you want to meet me?” he asks.

“I had a soulmate I never got to meet…once It was the day to finally go meet him my date changed.”

He sighs and nods knowingly. “Your friend mentioned as much…But I promise. I will make you the happiest woman alive.” He says grabbing my hands.

“I just want to have a chance to know you…please.” He begs.

I stare at my feet on the ground and continue swinging slowly. Moments went by as I continued to think.

He isn’t the way I thought he would be…He’s sweet, funny, and even kind. I don’t know if I could reject him as easily as I had thought I could.

I nod and agree, “Okay.” I whisper.