Chapter 3

Guitar Lessons (Jonghun x Seunghyun fanfic)

 

Chapter 3

 

After school, Seunghyun made his way to the music room like he’d been doing every week. The journey, and what waited there, always made his heart go wild with anxiety.

But today was a bit different. Since Hongki’s confession the other day, he was confused. He didn’t know what to think. It’d been on his mind all day.

He thought about Hongki and Jonghun. They were pretty flirty with each other. They’d known each other since middle school. They were much closer to each other than he was to Jonghun. Maybe he didn’t stand a chance against him.

But at the same time while he thought about it, a surge of adrenaline struck through him. He didn’t know why, but he had a big desire to beat his hyung to Jonghun. He’d always been a bit of a sore loser- although he was a talented actor as well- but this need to win over Jonghun was eating him up. He just didn’t understand it.

He had been standing in front of the door to the music room for awhile. He checked his watch. 4:11pm. One minute?? It’d felt like hours. He breathed a nervous sigh. No use getting hung up on this. It’s just a guitar lesson. He’s waiting. Shut up and stop thinking, Seunghyun. He swung open the door, a little too fast, and quietly stepped in.

“Hyung? I’m here,” Seunghyun called, drawling out the vowels.

He spotted Jonghun strumming some fancy riffs on his guitar, drawn into what he was playing. The sunlight from the window hit his hair and face just perfectly. The lights were always dim in the room, so the window light made his face stand out. He looked… angelic. Jonghun looked up at that moment, noticing him, and smiled. He patted the stool opposite him. “Come come, my student,” in a joking manner.

Seunghyun took a deep breath but grinned back. He would never get used to this.

           

“Ugh, sorry. I messed that up. I’m not doing so well today.”

“Are you kidding? You’re doing really well!” Jonghun said enthusiastically. “I’m surprised you haven’t played guitar much in the past. You would’ve had me fooled.”

“Hehe, thanks…” Seunghyun scratched his face in embarrassment, his arrogance meter rising a bit.

“Have you ever considered pursuing a job in music for the future? You would be awesome in a band.”

Seunghyun raised his eyebrows. “You think I could?”

“The question is if you think you can.”

He squinted his eyes in thought. “Hmm… yeah. We’d better start getting members.”

Jonghun laughed. A real, from-the-heart laugh. “You know, you may not look it, but you’re pretty conceited.” He smiled mischievously.

Seunghyun scrunched his eyebrows in annoyance but couldn’t hide the blushing in his cheeks. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I’m just kidding, calm down,” Jonghun said, pushing Seunghyun’s shoulder, “you just have confidence. A healthy amount of confidence.”

“Well… alright. Thanks.” He’d never thought of himself of a guy with confidence. At least his hyung didn’t think he was a quiet, aloof recluse.

“Yup. It’ll help you in the future, but don’t get too caught up in your confidence. Okay, let’s run this measure again.”

 

Seunghyun’s whole body would not calm down every time they met for their lessons, but as they played, all the feelings went away. He felt like he was one with Jonghun; breathing the same breath, thinking the same thoughts, their hearts beating together. It was a crazy feeling. But it’s what he felt.

 

“What do you think about when you play?” Jonghun asked while they put away their guitars.

“Frankly...” I think about you, Seunghyun thought. He in his breath. God, was he thankful for thinking before acting for once. “Nothing. Everything. It’s kind of hard to explain…” Phew.

“It’s insane,” Jonghun started, getting up to sit next to Seunghyun. “It’s like we have the same brain.”

“Yeah…” Seunghyun mumbled, dizzy with the closeness. He had a distinct scent about him, and it wasn’t cologne. It smelled sweet. It made him feel relaxed.

They sat on the ground for a little while.

Seunghyun coughed. “So, why weren’t you at school yesterday?”

Jonghun flinched. Neither had expected that.

A couple seconds passed before he said anything. “Dongsaeng… I’m going to tell you something. But you have to promise not to tell any soul about it.”

“What if I did tell someone?” Seunghyun teased, raising an eyebrow.

“I’d say, ‘you wanna die?’” Jonghun glared jokingly. Seunghyun threw his hands up in defense. “But really… this is serious. I haven’t even told this to Hongki.” He curled up his knees slightly and rested his arms on them.

Seunghyun immediately felt guilty for saying the wrong thing. He mentally slapped himself. He also noticed that he hadn’t told Hongki yet. He couldn’t help feeling like he was winning against him in a way. God, shut up Seunghyun. Hyung’s about to tell me something really personal and all I can think about is a stupid contest?

“I’m here. We’re friends, right? You can tell me anything.”

Jonghun smiled. He then took a deep breath. “Since about a year or two ago, I’ve been addicted to alcohol.”

To say Seunghyun’s eyes widened would be an understatement.

Jonghun put his hand on his face and chuckled. “I knew you’d look like that.”

Seunghyun placed his hands on his own face, obviously not hiding his expression.

He sighed. “I was sober for a couple months before school started, but it came back a couple months ago.”

“Why did you start again?” Seunghyun quickly slapped his mouth. Couldn’t he think when he talked?

“… I don’t know.” He looked away. He looked like he was hiding something. Seunghyun’s heart was racing.

“… Well,” Seunghyun said, standing up and holding out his hand, “you can always talk to me if you ever need someone to talk to. I’m always here for you.”

Jonghun looked up to Seunghyun. “Hah, this is pretty embarrassing. I’m the hyung. I should be giving you advice.”

“Are you going to take my hand or what?” Seunghyun said with a smile.

Jonghun grabbed the outstretched arm and Seunghyun pulled him up. A shock went through him.

They were still holding hands when Seunghyun had already helped him up. He could feel the anxiety building up inside him. “Hyung…”

Jonghun let his hand go. But right after he did, Seunghyun wrapped his arms around him. Both of them were shocked with the action, but Seunghyun didn’t care. He couldn’t take these butterflies; he’d reached his limit. He hugged him tighter.

“Really, I’m there for you. I’ll help you through this,” he said in a determined tone.

This time, Jonghun was blushing. He squeezed him back. “Thanks.”

The door swung open.

The two boys escaped each other’s grasps.

 

Hongki stood at the door entrance, a look of astonishment and disbelief written across his face.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

 

Ooooohohohohoo, drama! ;D
Sorry this is so late, I had to babysit aaaall weekend. =____=

And I lost a bit of motivation. D: I actually hadn't watched many FT Island videos before I started this, I just thought JongSeung was the cutest OTP ever ♥ But then I started Magnae Rebellion and some other shows FT Island were on (Including Good Morning Bob. Hella best thing I've ever watched), and I realized how wrong I was about Seunghyun's (and everyone's) personality. o___o; 

 

Also... I didn't realize Seunghyun was taller than Jonghun. I couldn't stop imagining the height difference as I wrote this. o.o; 

But yeah, I just need to keep persevering. x) They're still one of my favorite couples, and I will finish this no matter what. :D

 

So yeah... Some JongKi action is coming up next. ;)
Maybe I shouldn't tell you that. Oh well.

I PROMISE TO POST ASAP.

I wonder who's actually gonna take the time to read this. Hahaha.

 

Comments and subs are always welcome :D ♥ ~

You can tell me suggestions or ideas you like too, I'm always happy to hear those. :)