Chapter 16

Guitar Lessons (Jonghun x Seunghyun fanfic)

Hi guys... ;-;

After a long, half-a-year hiatus (has it been more?? I don't even know anymore .__.), I am going to update this fanfiction again. Don't get too excited, though. My friend Rachel (hi rachelita lmao love u), who also writes a Jongseung fanfiction, made a deal with me that if she updates, I'd have to update mine.

So... here it is. xD

I'm nervous to start this again since I left it hanging for so long (I reread it all a couple of months ago and omg.. e____e my writing is horrendous LOL). I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update, but I'll try to as often as I can/want to. Problem is, I've pretty much lost interest in this fic and am on to new stories (you know how first fics are). Either way, I'll try my best ;u;

Sorry if my writing style changed a little bit since last year ;;

Thanks for all the patient subscribers that never left me ;www; ♥

BTW GO READ RACHEL'S JONGSEUNG FANFIC. It is hilarious. Go. Do it now. -->

 

 

Chapter 16

 

Jonghun and Seunghyun hiked up the steps through the quiet, echoey staircase. The tapping of their shoes reverberated and lingered in the air. The two were talking aimlessly about homework and exams. Well, more like complaining.

"... And I stayed up until 2 in the morning last night studying for the stupid exam. Aish..."

"Sounds brutal."

"And it doesn't really help that you were texting me all night, either."

"Yah! You texted me first," Seunghyun shot back.

"...True. But you could've chosen not to text me back."

"Fine, I won't text you anymore."

Jonghun lightly shoved Seunghyun's shoulder with a silly, playful smile that said 'just kidding'. Seunghyun shrugged his hand away with a smirk.

"Hmph. Well, anyway, the exam is 'worth everything' and 'defines how successful you'll be in life'," Jonghun ranted sarcastically, using air quotes as support. "If you do poorly, you get to be a trash truck driver. Fun."

Seunghyun pursed his lips.

"But I don't care. Screw exams. I'm gonna be a guitarist. And I'm gonna be in a band and make a ton of money. Who needs exams?" Jonghun turned to Seunghyun. "And you're gonna be in my band, right?"

Seunghyun stayed silent for a moment. Then, he smiled. "Of course. Wasn't that a given in the first place?"

Jonghun snorted. "You're awfully confident. You know, I could easily replace you."

"You wouldn't."

"Who says?"

Seunghyun jokingly threatened to beat Jonghun up. Jonghun laughed.

The two finally reached their destination. The school roof.

Jonghun pushed the door open. A gentle wind billowed through the staircase, and Seunghyun squinted his eyes at the sudden natural sunlight. The sky was clear, a perfect blue. Seunghyun breathed in the fresh air and grinned. He watched Jonghun walk past him and sit on the thick ledge of the roof and pull out a plastic container filled with beef and rice. Seunghyun hurried over to join him.

Seunghyun slid onto the ledge to sit next to his Jonghun, pushing his shoulder into the other's. Jonghun shoved back playfully as he prepared a spoonful of rice and meat to put into his mouth. Seunghyun giggled when he nudged Jonghun's arm a second time, sending the food on the spoon to spill carelessly over Jonghun's school uniform.

Seunghyun stifled his laughter. "Oops. Sorry, hyung."

"Nope," Jonghun said dryly as he wiped stray rice seeds off of his sleek pants. "'Sorry' isn't gonna cut it."

"Don't get your in a wad."

Jonghun rose swiftly from his seat on the bench and faced Seunghyun. He bent forward precariously and rested his palms against the rough seat, trapping Seunghyun in the spot. Seunghyun swallowed. His heart sped up.

"I think that deserves a punishment," Jonghun taunted.

"Did I do something bad?" Seunghyun mumbled in an attempt to sound seductive but ended up sounding sheepish, complete with a voice crack at the end. His face burned bright red. Jonghun snickered and drew closer. Seunghyun blushed even harder at the sudden closeness. His chest exploded with wild butterflies. This feeling. He was crazy for it.

Then, out of impatience and impulse, Seunghyun brought his hands up, wrapped his fists loosely in Jonghun's school uniform shirt, and pulled him closer, capturing him in a kiss. Jonghun grinned against Seunghyun's lips. The younger boy was surprised by his own actions, but figured he'd been waiting long enough for this.

Suddenly, Jonghun pulled away with a sharp intake of breath. "." He quickly sat in the vacant spot on the seat next to Seunghyun. His eyes ripped open. He frowned, all the passion quickly faded. What the heck?

Just as Jonghun sat, the door to the roof swung open. In walked two ditzy, plastic girls with tacky makeup, their ugly laughter making Seunghyun wince. A tall boy with alert eyes followed close behind them. When they caught sight of Seunghyun and Jonghun, they paused, their faces filled with surprise.

Ah. This is why Jonghun had stopped.

"There's already people here," one girl muttered.

"Yah, Jonghun-ah!" the boy with the puppy-like eyes called.

Jonghun waved. "Ah. Hi Soohyun." Hm. So they knew each other. Seunghyun gave him the once-over. Not anyone he was interested in. He briefly glanced at the girls again, quietly bashing their trashiness, before tipping his head downwards to shovel a spoonful of rice into his mouth. He really hoped they would leave soon. He was already getting grumpy since they'd interrupted their... fun.

"Yah, Jonghun, you guys should eat with us. You haven't sat with us for awhile." Then, Soohyun cupped his hands over his mouth and whispered loud enough for anyone a mile away to hear, "look, I brought Seohyun!" and made pointing gestures with his thumb.

Confused and uninterested, Jonghun wrinkled his nose. "Um, nah, you go ahead."

Soohyun pouted. The two plastic girls exchanged wary glances with one another. Finally, Soohyun gave up with a huff.

"Fine. If you actually wanna have fun, then we're downstairs in the cafeteria."

Soohyun swiftly turned around, flicked his hand as a wave goodbye, and marched into the building. The two girls followed him slowly, blatantly staring in Jonghun's direction. Jonghun rolled his eyes when they left as if nothing mattered, but Seunghyun was puzzled. And curious.

And perhaps... A little bit jealous.

Seunghyun wanted so badly to ask who that guy was, who those girls were, and about Hongki.

Hongki. Memories from that morning that he thought he'd forgotten flooded his brain. Hongki and Jonghun together, laughing, having a good time. He couldn't help but feel overprotective of Jonghun.

Wait. What was he saying? He'd barely just had his first kiss with Jonghun a couple of days ago. Wow. It felt like it had been years ago.

Seunghyun knew he was being possessive, and he really had no right to be. He and Jonghun weren't officially "a couple" or anything... were they? They hadn't talked about dating at all. Were they just "friends with benefits", as people call them? No, they couldn't be. But Jonghun hadn't said anything. Seunghyun's heart grew heavy thinking about it.

"Thank god they're gone." Jonghun leaned backwards and picked up his chopsticks and container of rice. He stuffed some food into his mouth. Seunghyun made a sour face. Well, they weren't going to be kissing again. That was for sure.

"Anyway, what could be fun about hanging with them when the fun is up here?"

Seunghyun couldn't fight a chuckle and a silly shove at Jonghun's overly corny comment. He'd learned very quickly how cheesy he could get, and no matter how cheesy, he still loved that part about him. After recollecting his previous thoughts, he sighed and nudged around his food with the tips of his chopsticks. Normally, he would have scarfed his lunch down like a barbarian, complete with scattered rice particles sticking to his cheeks, in seconds. But he didn't feel very hungry today. He supposed he would starve later if he didn't eat now, so he forced some food into his mouth.

To be honest, there were so many questions Seunghyun had stored to ask Jonghun, but he really didn't know what to say or start with. Even though he felt uncomfortable talking about him, Hongki's name unwillingly slipped from his mouth.

"So, what's up with Hongki? Where is he?"

Jonghun's eyebrows rose. "Ah, he's great. We're great, actually. We made up today. I was confused when he apologized but what the heck, why not. Man, did you see him today? What the hell? Of all the hairstyles... He's so unpredict--"

"Wait... What? What're you talking about? Why did he apologize?"

Jonghun stopped. He swallowed hard and unconsciously his lips, which Seunghyun noticed loud and clear. The younger one curiously stared Jonghun down. "Oh. Well... He... kinda roughed me up a couple days ago," Jonghun improvised on the spot. Technically, it wasn't completely made-up; Hongki had beat Jonghun up in a way. With his lips. "You know how he is. But anyway, everything's cool."

Seunghyun nodded quietly, a faint "ah" sound escaping his lips in understanding. He knew completely about Hongki's hostile, dark side. He'd been there. Well, in fact, he was still there. Hongki and he were in a sort of competition still, weren't they? Seunghyun pursed his lips to the side and stirred around his rice bowl. He hated getting on people's bad sides. He guessed it was bound to happen. Although he was still confused and a little wary about Hongki's "apology", he dropped the subject.

After a while of eating and idle chatter, Jonghun packed away his lunch and Seunghyun soon followed. Seunghyun was somewhat thankful, somewhat impatient that they weren't discussing their relationship or Hongki. Simply talking to Jonghun about little, unimportant things and of things they had in common was a calming relief. Jonghun rummaged around in his bag for a small case of strong mints, and after popping a round tablet into his mouth, he offered one to Seunghyun, who accepted happily. He inwardly hissed at the biting, icy sensation the mint started on his tongue. He could feel the icky rice and meat breath fade away. Jonghun stared up to the clear, blue sky as he on his mint.

"Why are you so worried about him, anyway?"

"Hm?" Seunghyun mumbled, still subconsciously thinking about the spicyness of the mint.

"Of Hongki."

"What? Oh..." Seunghyun breathed, thoughts of the blonde-now-black haired boy returning unwillingly to his mind. He really didn't want to talk about him with Jonghun, and he sure hated it when Jonghun talked about Hongki. Here comes the jealousy coming again, Seunghyun thought, embarrassment creeping up his cheeks.

"Look." Jonghun said, standing from his seat on the bench. Seunghyun squinted his eyes to look up at Jonghun, the blinding sun just at his back, making Jonghun appear as a silhouette. "Remember what I said? You're the only one. Hongki is a friend. You're the one I care about. Don't ever think he'll be worth more to me than you are. Understand?"

Jonghun inched closer and closer to Seunghyun with every word, and at the same time, Seunghyun's confusion lifted. His heart again racing faster, the wavy-haired boy grinned. They slowly got back in the same position they'd been in before Soohyun had interrupted them.

"You're sure?" he questioned, toying with the collar of Jonghun's shirt.

"Positive."

Just before their lips touched, Seunghyun pulled away. "Wait, I haven't finished my mint yet."

Jonghun rolled his eyes with a smirk. "Well, hurry up."

Seunghyun took his time chewing, staring playfully into Jonghun's fervent eyes as he chomped on the mint, mouth wide open.

"You're gross."

"Why are you watching?"

"You look like a cow. It's amusing."

Seunghyun made a moo-ing sound before he swallowed down all that was left. Jonghun laughed loudly. Then, he pulled Seunghyun up from his seat and brought his hands to wrap around Jonghun's neck. "Okay, you're done."

Finally their lips met, and the humorous air dissolved into one of seriousness. They both smiled into the kiss as they pressed more aggressively, shoving their tongues against one another. Jonghun pulled the other's hips closer to his, driving Seunghyun wild. He let his eyes flutter closed as Jonghun touched him sensually, leaving faint red marks around his collarbone, but making sure not to too hard as to make them noticeable. He let his hands roam up Seunghyun's shirt and rest against his skinny waistline as he pushed him toward the wall on the left side of the door. They both grunted at the impact of bumping into the brick wall, but it only made them hungrier for each other. Letting Jonghun take over, Seunghyun let him have his way with him again, and he was perfectly fine with that.

And they spent the rest of lunch like that, feeding their need for one another, enjoying each other's love, until they were rudely interrupted yet again, but this time by the school bell.