Guitar Lessons - Chapter 2

Guitar Lessons (Jonghun x Seunghyun fanfic)

Chapter 2

 

Seunghyun dozily opened his eyes. Oh. Class ended, he thought. He peeked up from his desk to see his classmates chattering and eating during lunch. He closed his eyes, lifted his head from his crossed arms and stretched his hands to the sky, causing a silly grunting noise to escape his throat. He didn’t care. He felt so replenished.

He’d hardly gotten a wink of sleep due to last night’s eventful dream. Thinking about it again caused his whole body to shiver. But truthfully… he liked the dream. It felt so real to him. His touch, his scent, everything. Which weirded him out, but also excited him at the same time.

He yawned and slowly opened his eyes.

“Rise and shine!”

“Ah!” Seunghyun yelled, flinching backwards. He nearly flew out of his chair.

Oh, he thought, it’s only Hongki.

Lee Hongki, who was Jonghun’s friend and younger than him by a mere five days, crouched in front of him with an exuberant smile. He'd met him about a week after he'd started taking lessons from Jonghun because he also played guitar.. Compared to Jonghun, Hongki was definitely the more energetic one. He softly slapped his dongsaeng’s cheeks with his hands to wake him up a bit.

“Ha ha! You’re always sleeping when I come here. How are you going to graduate your first year?”

“You’re such an idiot. Why are you always visiting me, hyung?” Seunghyun jokingly asked, rubbing his eyes and getting out of his desk to fully awaken himself.

“Aw, don’t be mean. It’s because you’re so cute!” Hongki paired his compliment with a huge bear hug. Seunghyun started to laugh and tried to push Hongki off. He had to admit that waking up to see Hongki was a bright and refreshing way to start his morning.

Girls in Seunghyun’s class had begun to stare at the two boys. They murmured to their friends and started blushing. Seunghyun was a bit confused by that.

“Okay hyung, you win. Let’s get lunch.” Hongki released Seunghyun and whooped as they left the room. Other girls were still gawking at them, especially Hongki. His platinum blonde hair did stand out among the sea of dark-haired students. He was also among the more popular upperclassmen in his school with his outgoing personality and his cute face. He guessed that his hyung must really be popular.

 

Hongki and Seunghyun sat crisscrossed on the school roof with their lunches.

“Where’s Jonghun?” Seunghyun finally asked.

Hongki thought for a moment chewing his food, his mouth hanging open. Seunghyun casually looked away to avoid the image sticking in his mind. “He said something about being sick, but I think he’s lying. I’ve known him since we were in middle school, and he never got sick then.” He shoveled some rice into his mouth.

“…Oh.” A wave of disappointment hit him. He thought of Jonghun’s smiling face. His stomach filled with butterflies. He was still trying to get over the fact that he was falling for a guy, but it was gradually setting in. And the more it did, the more Jonghun stayed in his mind.

He really wanted to see Jonghun right now, but he tried to shake off the feelings by changing the subject.

“So you must be really popular with the girls, hyung.” Seunghyun placed some rice into his own mouth.

“What do you mean?”

“Back at the classroom, girls are always looking at you and blushing. They must think you’re pretty handsome.”

Hongki smiled a mischievous grin. “What really matters is if you think I’m handsome, dongsaeng~” He poked Seunghyun’s face with his finger.

“No, really.”

Hongki pouted for a couple seconds, but returned to eating. “Have you ever heard of fan service?”

Seunghyun shook his head.

Hongki glanced secretively from left to right. He leaned in closer to a confused Seunghyun until their faces were near touching. Seunghyun was beyond creeped out.

Hongki quickly put his arms around him, planted a playful kiss on his cheek and let go of him.

Seunghyun stared incredulously at him. "What was that for??"

"You asked what it was. That's called fan service," he said with a funny smile, "except it would be in front of people."

"You do that… for fun?"

"It makes girls go crazy." 

"Oh…" Seunghyun whispered under his breath. He counted all of the times he'd seen his hyung hugging and touching Jonghun. He'd never noted the girls eating up their expressions of love. He had to admit it was pretty smart if you were looking for popularity, but didn’t much like the idea of fan service. He’d rather the feelings between two people be honest and sincere instead of putting on some kind of act.

He thought about if Jonghun and him would ever do fan service. erse thoughts entered his head. His cheeks flushed. He shook his head in an attempt to rid himself of his naughty thoughts.

“U-um… so, do you… like fan service?” Seunghyun asked.

Hongki leaned in close to Seunghyun for a second time. “What if I did?”

“Well,” he awkwardly started, looking away from his hyung’s stare, “you do a lot of this fan service with Jonghun. I’ve noticed it often.”

Hongki sat back again. He averted his gaze to his food.

Seunghyun noticed something peculiar. Was Hongki… blushing?

Oh god. He liked Jonghun.

Hongki. Liked. Jonghun.

All he could do was gape at him, mouth hanging open.

“Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. I have a crush on a guy. ‘What a weirdo’.”

Seunghyun took a few seconds to respond before he came back to earth. “No… no! I don’t think that at all! I-” Seunghyun paused. He didn’t want Hongki knowing about who he loved.

But he really couldn’t believe it. The two of them both liked the same boy. Two boys had crushes on the same boy.

This couldn’t mean… a silent competition of love?

He supposed it did.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Sorry this isn't really Jongseung, it's a lot of Hongki x Seunghyun. xD Sorry if this chapter is really boring. D: 
Comment and subscribe~ :) 

I think this story might get pretty lengthy. I don't know yet. But I'm planning all these things out. It's taking up so much of my time at school and home and stuff.... o.o; haha I love fanfictions. :D