Chapter 14

Guitar Lessons (Jonghun x Seunghyun fanfic)

 

Chapter 14

 

omg I am so sorry guys OTL T____T;

Late update. Again. Motivation atm = 0%

I’ll keep updating but ugwevniaoweigh I have a lot of story ideas but I need to figure out how to piece them all together so that it’ll work. xD

But yeah. Be patient :’D lol
If you wanna know where I've been, I'm spending my life on tumblr. ftishineelove.tumblr if you really wanna follow me. OTL

 

And a lot of you have been feeling really bad for Hongki and I know…. (I actually didn’t mean for you guys to feel really bad for him so I’m surprised you guys felt for him. rofl) but keep hanging on. He’ll have a happy ending <3

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

He couldn’t explain it. The sudden arousal of confidence in him.

He’d spent the whole weekend thinking and formulating the plan. The plan to make Jonghun his, and to erase Seunghyun from the picture.

He couldn’t be sure if it would work, if something would get in the way. But it’d have to do for now. He was willing to try anything at this point.

Hongki strode through the gates of the school, his lips turned up in the smallest smile. He lazily swung his school bag as he walked while his other hand rested in his pocket. He looked up to the bright sky, breathed a sigh, and smiled bigger.

As he approached the door to the school building, he spotted a couple girls in his grade chatting amongst themselves. One of them quickly lifted her eyes to catch Hongki looking in their direction and her eyes widened in response. He recognized them to be two of his ‘followers’. He wasn’t clueless; he knew that he was popular among the girls for his looks and that some practically stalked him. It worried him sometimes, but he wasn’t going to complain if girls were pining after him.

Of course, girls didn’t attract him anymore. But he liked and respected them, so he was going to be chivalrous to them. Plus, since the girls were ‘fangirls’ or whatever, he could test out his new look on them. He’d taken the first girl’s reaction positively. He waved, a toothy grin on his face, and told them, “good morning! How are you two?”

This time the plumper second girl glanced upwards. She simply stared for a couple moments. Finally, opened so wide a bird could’ve flown in. By then the first girl’s face was hopelessly immersed in a sea of red.

“Um… is something wrong?” He scratched the back of his head in a show to pretend he was confused. He knew they’d react somewhat like this, but he didn’t think they’d be this shocked. It hadn’t been that much of a change, right?

The first girl babbled incoherent sounds and twirled her fingers around aimlessly. The other continued to stare, mouth still dangling open. “G-good morning, Hongki-oppa…” she finally choked, “Er… your new look…”

“Mmhm?”

“It’s… interesting, it’s not like you. I-I mean, but it looks good… you look smart.” If it was possible to become redder than red, this girl was achieving it. The bigger girl let out a tiny yelp of fangirl-ness.

“Oh, thank you!” Hongki rushed, ready to get out of there. “I like your hair today. Have a good morning,” he finished as he waved again.

He heard the sound of one of them falling to the ground, followed by disjointed screaming and fangirling.

Well, they’re out of the way, he thought, relieved. He dug his hand back into his pants pocket and continued on. His mind was only set on one thing. Obviously. That one thing had been invading his mind the whole weekend.

As he scanned the hallways, he could feel innumerable sets of eyes on him, mostly those of girls. Some were shocked, some excited. A few girls and guys would approach him enthusiastically, to which he would greet quickly but then tell them he was in a hurry. His confidence was soaring, and he made sure to smile at every person he passed.

He honestly didn’t think his change would make such an impact on people. He ran his palm through his slightly shorter hair. He assumed it was because it wasn’t a usual look of his. Well, it used to be. But it hadn’t been for years.

Since high school started, his hair was any color but black. He’d started with brown, a normal hair color change, but he got more daring. He’d even tried colors like orange, bright red and, his most recent color change, blonde. He wore makeup. His clothing style had changed as well. He simply refused to wear the school uniforms and, thanks to Hongki’s parents, the staff reluctantly obliged.

But from now on, he was ditching that look. He’d realized why he’d wanted to stand out. He didn’t want to believe it. The secrets he could only share with the ones closest to him. The ones that would accept it. So he distracted himself from letting him have those kinds of thoughts. The summer before high school started is when he began to discover his preferences, anyways.

But now he was changing. He was finally happy with himself, and the one person that he wanted to accept him besides himself knew now. He didn’t know if he’d been accepted, but he knew. He didn’t see any reason to cover anything up now.

A/N – lol wtf am I writing here. I know the points I want to get across but don’t know how to put them in words

Plus, if his change didn’t make a big impact on other people, he knew that one person would be affected by it the most.

Hongki just had to stop ignoring the problem and apologize to Jonghun.

 

And finally, after walking the lengthy corridors of the school, he found him talking with Wonbin. His heart froze.

Hongki took in Jonghun. His tall, thin figure that looked perfect even with a school uniform. The way his beautiful smile lit up his whole face when he laughed. His chiseled face and nose. His long fingers as he waved goodbye to Wonbin.

He’ll be yours. You just need to be patient.

He took a deep breath, pushed his glasses higher up his face, played with his uniform a bit, and approached him. He’d never felt this anxious about anything before, but at the same time he’d never felt so… ready. So confident.

 

Jonghun was about to head to his class when he caught Hongki in the corner of his eye. Oh … he thought. But then Hongki came closer.

Jonghun stopped dead in his tracks.

His whole body stopped functioning.

He could feel his eyes bugging out of its sockets, but he couldn’t control himself. Memories swarmed his head, making him feel faint.

The contacts, gone. The platinum blonde hair, replaced with shorter, jet-black hair. Where was his usual get-up?

He looked just like how he’d looked in… middle school.

Before he could fight it, he felt the heat ascend his neck and face. He glimpsed Hongki’s mouth as it turned up the slightest bit into a grin. A grin of victory. He’s tryingto do this to me. I know it. But why am I blushing? Dammit.

“Jonghun…” Hongki said suddenly right next to him, “…I want to talk to you. Walk with me?”

“S-sure,” Jonghun replied hastily, his voice cracking slightly. He awkwardly coughedout his throat. .

They walked together down the hallway until there were only a couple students around. Jonghun eyed Hongki curiously out of the corner of his eye but kept his distance from Hongki. His event with him from last week was still vivid in his mind. He the bump on his lip that he’d gotten from him. It was disappearing, but still clearly there. It sent a cold sweat through him.

Hongki stopped walking. Jonghun did the same. He waited.

“Look, Jonghun, I’m really sorry about the other day,” Hongki finally started. “I don’t really know what came over me.” He glanced from Jonghun’s left eye to his right and to his left again, searching for some kind of acceptance.

Jonghun was still steady as a rock, but he kept listening. He was known to keep grudges over things.

Hongki breathed a sigh. “It… it was wrong of me. And I shouldn’t have taken advantage of you like that. I know.”

Jonghun continued to wait.

“C’mon, let’s not ruin our friendship over something like this. Where’s the silly Jonghun I know?” Hongki started tickling Jonghun’s stomach. He finally gave up and broke into laughter.

With anyone else, he would’ve become beyond angry. But with Hongki, it was different. No matter how mad he was, he couldn’t stay that way for long.

And he remembered how Hongki had forgiven him so long ago. He owed him that much, right?

“Okay, fine. You win. I forgive you. God, you’re so embarrassing.”

“Nah, that’s just me.” Hongki smirked. “So? We’re cool?”
Jonghun smiled. What am I going to do with you? “Yeah.”

He felt like a huge boulder had been lifted from his chest. The past week or two had been a roller coaster of emotion, and he was glad that he was having a break for once.

Just then, the warning bell rang. “Aish, already… Stupid bell,” Hongki grumbled in exasperation. “Let’s go, babo.”

Jonghun watched Hongki’s receding figure. He wasn’t only being a pushover to him because of the way he looked, was it?

Nah. Of course not.

“Who’re you calling a babo?” Jonghun said as he sped up to whack Hongki on the back of the head.

 

“Ahh, did you finish the assignment for calculus?”

“. Forgot,” Jonghun muttered irritably. “Hah… oh well. My guitar will be of good use to me someday.”

Hongki scoffed. “Yeah. And I could sing.”

Jonghun stared wide-eyed at Hongki. “That’s… not a bad idea, actually.”

“I wasn’t being serious,” Hongki replied.

“And then Seunghyun… Seunghyun…” Jonghun murmured, growing quieter and quieter. He turned away, his eyes achieving a far-off look to them.

Hongki’s fists clenched. He gritted his teeth.

Of course. You can’t take this whole apology acceptance as a victory yet. You’ve got a long ways to go.

“Seunghyun what?”

“Huh? N-nothing.”

“What?” Hongki said with a slight pout.

“Nothiiiing.” Jonghun said in the same playful tone, but his blush was clear as the sky.

“Hm.”

Just as the two were approaching a two-way part in the hallway, Hongki glanced to the right. Just then, he noticed Seunghyun walking in their direction.

“Where is Seunghyun, anyways?” Jonghun said quietly.

Hongki acted fast. “He’s probably just late again. C’mon, let’s hurry slowpoke,” he said as he went behind the guitarist and started to push him forward.

“Hongki, what- stop!” he said with a little chuckle.

“Nope.”

Hongki dared another peek in Seunghyun’s direction. This time, he was looking straight at the two. He could clearly see the shock in his face.

Hongki smirked. He couldn’t help it. He tore away, feeling content with himself.

Hah. That’s right. I’m hanging with your man. Go cry to your crops or your cows or whatever.

 

His plan was just beginning.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So yeah, hope that was okay for now T___T lol

Updating at 5am. I'm so used to it now. It's not healthy -____-

Thanks to all my new subscribers :'D