Chapter 10 - Memories

Guitar Lessons (Jonghun x Seunghyun fanfic)

 

Chapter 10

 

The bell finally rang for class to get out. As students gathered their books and stuffed them in their bags, Wonbin made a beeline for Hongki’s desk. Hongki glanced up just in time to see Wonbin slap his hands on his desk. He rolled his eyes; he already knew what he was going to ask him.

They were close friends; not as close as him and Jonghun were, but still close. “What is it?” Hongki asked.

 “C’mon, Hongki. Let’s skip today,” Wonbin said enthusiastically.

Hongki scrunched up his face and shook his head. “Nah.”

He for sure did not feel like going out and having a jolly good time. He wasn’t in the mood to do anything, really. Maybe he would stay at school and study for once in his life.

It was obvious after everything that had happened that Jonghun didn’t like him back. He’d probably never like him or talk to him again after what he’d done.

He’d never stopped thinking about it. It was obvious that Jonghun did like Seunghyun. He was just lying to cover up his homouality. Thinking about it only made Hongki angrier and heartbroken.

Why did he have to go and do that? He basically ruined everything they ever had. What was in the past should have stayed in the past, but just he had to bring it back up and have Jonghun relive the kiss again. Couldn’t he have contained his feelings for a little longer?

He kept mentally putting himself down. You’re so inconsiderate. You’re too impulsive. You’re a jerk. What’s wrong with you?

But if he never showed Jonghun how he felt, his heart would break even more. Seunghyun and Jonghun would eventually get closer and they’d start dating. All Hongki would be able to do was watch.

So maybe he’d done the right thing by showing his love… had he? Hongki crinkled his eyebrows even more.

“You know, a new food stand opened up downtown…” Wonbin bribed in a sing-songy voice, interrupting Hongki’s thoughts.

Food.

You know, I could really go for some food right now.

No wait, stop it. No.

It would cheer you up…

But no. You’ve got enough on your mind as it is.

And you don’t want to get more junk in your fat .

“…and they’re selling barbeque. Junhyung told me it was the best he’d ever had.”

Hongki’s ears pricked up. “What was that?”

Wonbin let slide a cheeky grin. He knew he was winning. “Barbeque. Beef, pork, chicken, duck…” Every word speared through Hongki like swords.

Hell.

Screw Jonghun. Screw Seunghyun.

He just needed to stop thinking for awhile.

He needed some barbeque.

“Fine. Let’s get Junhyung.”

Wonbin pumped his fists in the air in happiness. “Yes! Now hurry up,” he commanded while slapping Hongki’s back in an attempt to get him out of his desk faster.

“Aish, so demanding,” Hongki muttered.

 

Wonbin and Junhyung hobbled across the sidewalk, clutching their stomachs. Hongki strode proudly in front of them.

“Yah, slowpokes. Hurry your asses up,” Hongki called.

Wonbin held Junhyung for support. “Hyung… I think… we should stop…”

“Yeah… please?”

Hongki turned, eyes squinted at them.

“…Fine. You guys can sit there. I’ll go buy some ice cream.”

“Haaaah,” the two sighed as they practically sprawled themselves across the bench.

Hongki laughed to himself as he walked away. They’d only been to about six other Korean barbeque stands. In fact, he still wanted more.

He finally spotted the special ice cream stand he’d been looking for. He smiled to the waiter and ordered the melon-flavored ice cream: his favorite.

“Thank you~” he said. He walked away and placed a spoonful of the ice cream into his mouth. He couldn’t help letting a tiny “ah” escape his mouth. The sweet coldness tickled his taste buds.

He didn’t know how long it had been since he’d had one of these. He’d always used to get the same flavor, and Jonghun would get…

Chocolate.

Hongki slapped the side of his face. No. No. You’re enjoying a nice cup of ice cream. You don’t need Jonghun trampling all over it and making it taste crappy. He took another bite, determined to taste heaven again.

But it was worse.

All he could taste was the memory of Jonghun. Them jokingly feeding each other. Them being together.

Hongki scarfed down the ice cream at tremendous speed to try and rid himself of the bitter taste. It didn’t work. He tried eating faster, earning himself some strange looks from passersby. He cleaned out the bowl, got brain freeze, tried jumping around to make it go away and finally found himself in a park.

The sidewalk. It was familiar.

He knew what was ahead a few minutes away.

Hongki sighed to himself. An apple tree.

Memories. Memories he didn’t really want to review.

He continued onwards under the lamplight anyways.

 

It felt like so long ago, but in reality it had ended a couple months ago. Hongki and Jonghun had been getting busy with their schoolwork; of course, they were always busy, but they had managed to found time to be together.

Everything he saw reminded him of the past. The grassy field where they used to play catch. Onward, the bench where Jonghun would play his guitar and Hongki would sing along. The bush that Jonghun had accidentally fallen in and had scraped his knee. The tree where they’d scrawled random words.

He dug his hands into his pockets. His heart sank deeper as he walked on. But he couldn’t stop himself.

Slowly, they stopped meeting up.

“Ah, sorry. Too busy today,” Jonghun would say in a rush. Hongki would say the same too, sometimes.

Hongki took it for granted. The time with Jonghun. He couldn’t be there for him forever; one day, they’d drift apart. He just didn’t think that was going to happen so soon.

He felt like he was losing him. He already felt like he had. Maybe he was being a baby for not talking to him, but he just couldn’t find the right words.

When had it stopped? Their time spent together?

Hongki paused and thought. It had been around the beginning of the school year, when…

Seunghyun first came.

The memory of them in the music room appeared in his mind.

Seunghyun.

Of course.

Seunghyun.

He’d come and made friends with Jonghun, hadn’t he? Him and Jonghun got cozy real quickly, hadn’t they?

Private lessons in the music room, hanging out during lunch and between classes. He bet that they were hanging out after school, too.

Hongki’s fist clenched. He was getting more riled up with every thought.

Seunghyun had come to Busan.

He’d come along…

…and ruined everything.

Hongki was beginning to no longer blame himself. It wasn’t his kiss anymore that had been the wrongdoing.

It was Seunghyun.

Hongki finally lifted his head in anger, ready to kill whatever came in his way.

And he saw them.

 

He didn’t have a single thought running through his mind. There was no need.

He’d seen them. He was watching them with his own eyes.

Jonghun and Seunghyun were kissing.

As Jonghun pulled away, he muttered something incoherent to Hongki. Seunghyun said something in response and pulled him in for another kiss.

Under the apple tree.

Not Seunghyun’s. That was our apple tree. Not his.

There was so much passion between them. Hongki couldn’t tear his eyes away. His heart ached, but he couldn’t look away.

He was standing about ten feet away from them, but he guessed it was too dark for Jonghun and Seunghyun to notice him standing there. He glared at them.

He wasn’t depressed anymore. He was enraged. Vengeful.

He whipped out his cell phone and clicked the camera button. He angled it so the camera pointed at the two of them, still in each other’s embrace.

He stared at the screen. He stared at them. At Jonghun. At Seunghyun.

It’s all your fault. You shouldn’t have ever come.

He closed his eyes. He snapped the photo, quietly shut his phone, and walked away.

 

Hongki found himself back at the bench where Wonbin and Junhyung were. They were doing jumping jacks.

“…One hundred eighty-five, one hundred eighty-six, one hundred eighty-seven…” Junhyung counted.

“Aren’t you getting tired, Junhyung?” Wonbin asked slyly.

“No. You?”

“Nope. Not a bit.”

“Nah. You are.”

“You’re just saying that because you’re tired. You’re so weak.”

Hongki stared, confused. He wasn’t even going to question how these things started.

“Yah, idiots.”

The two looked up from their competition. “Oh, Hongki!” Wonbin rushed over. “You took forever.”

“HA! I WIN!”

“Yah! We’ll settle this later.”

“I’m gonna go home. Bye, guys,” Hongki said with a wave.

“Oh… o-okay. We’ll go with you.”

“No. Don’t.”

Wonbin stood with a puzzled expression. “Tch, whatever. Okay, let’s start over,” he called as he rushed back to Junhyung’s side.

 

 

What could Hongki do with something like that?

What if he posted it online?

Would it ruin their reputations? Their lives at school?

How would the students at school take it?

He didn’t know what he’d do with it yet. But he had something against the two of them.

He only had one thing on his mind:

Getting revenge on Seunghyun. For what he’d taken away from him.

For what he’d done.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm sorry. It has been too long. o_______o;;

I got grounded. Again.
My mom kind of forgot about my first grounding, but she got mad and grounded me for real this time. 

Gaaaaaaahhhhh asdlkfjs;ldkjflaskjda. I will never get this story done. xD

 

Lol, randomly decided to name this chapter. I thought it went well with the story.

So yeah, Hongki getting veerrrryy angry. 
(Still confused as how he should turn out in the end >.<; Bear with me)

Wonbin and Junhyung being stupid. lol

So.. I won't post as often anymore (maybe once a week? I'll try to get more in sooner), but I hope you'll stick around~ :)

 

Comment and subscribe~

Thank you my lovely readers ;) haha