Chapter 8

Guitar Lessons (Jonghun x Seunghyun fanfic)

Chapter 8

 

Seunghyun was left by himself, stunned.

Seunghyun’s heart was beating like drums.

Jonghun had really almost kissed him. It wasn’t a dream. It wasn’t a dream, right?

Of course Seunghyun felt disappointed. It hadn’t happened.

But it almost had.

Why did he stop? he wondered. He thought about Hongki for a second. He felt sorry for him since Jonghun had almost kissed him, not Hongki. What had his hyungs’ past been like? He tried not to dwell on it.

He didn’t know how he was supposed to feel after something like that. He felt like he was filled with butterflies and nervousness and… excitement.

It was so exhilarating. It was the same feeling he had whenever he passed someone he liked, but it was never this strong.

Was that what his first kiss would feel like?

It had ended so abruptly. He wanted that feeling again.

He looked over to where Jonghun used to be sitting. His guitar rested on the bench. “Hmm,” Seunghyun said quietly. He’d forgotten it He picked it up.

It was a classical guitar, darker in color. He could almost see the fingerprints on the fingerboard where Jonghun continuously placed his fingers. He was always practicing with it, so it made sense. He placed his own fingers on the guitar, positioning them to play a G chord, and strummed. Maybe only Seunghyun could tell, but Jonghun’s guitar had a clearer, more resonating sound than his. It gave him shivers.

He tried playing a song Jonghun had been teaching him. The sound was beautiful. His fingers didn’t fumble on the guitar as much anymore. He closed his eyes and quietly hummed the tune of the song.

He smiled; he felt happy. It was as if Jonghun was sitting there, playing along with him.

“I told you he’s a loner…”

Seunghyun’s eyes quickly darted up in surprise. Parts of Jaejin’s and Minhwan’s heads peeked out from the door. Minhwan waved innocently, acting like he hadn’t said anything. Jaejin whispered threateningly for him to stop, slapping his hand.

“What was that, Minhwan?” Seunghyun said jokingly.

“What? Nothing. Nothing!” Minhwan waved his hands even more wildly. “We just heard a guitar in here and we thought we’d check it out.”

“You really are a loner…” Jaejin said with dry humor, him and Minhwan piling into the room. “What are you doing in here?”

“I’m not alone. Wait, I mean I wasn’t alone… I was here with Jonghun.”

“What were you doing with him in a room like this…?”

“Oh. Uh, I’m taking guitar lessons from him.” Well, that wasn’t exactly what they had been doing at that moment, but it wasn’t completely a lie. They’d been… well… almost kissing honestly.

He started blushing. What are you doing? Why are you blushing?? It’s not embarrassing. Stop it. Stop it. God.

“What? I thought you told me you knew how to play.”

“Oh.. I guess I left the ‘learning’ part out. Haha.” Seunghyun scratched his head.

“Hey, let’s get chicken!”

“How long’ve you been playing?”

“A couple months.”

“Are you good?”

“Um… maybe? I hope so,” he said, swallowing his pride.

“Guys… let’s go get-”

“So you’re already thinking of starting a band? That’s awesome.”

“It doesn’t hurt to dream,” he said with a smile.

“Hey-”

“I’d totally join you. But you’d better start practicing,” he said smiling back.

Seunghyun’s eyes widened. “Really?”

“YAH!”

Seunghyun and Jaejin both looked at Minhwan. The skin between his eyebrows was ruffled and he was making a pouty face. “You guys can continue talking after we go buy some chicken.”

“Chicken again? How many times have we gone out for chicken this month already?”

“Fiiiine, we can go get something else. Let’s go.” Minhwan grabbed the bottom of Jaejin’s shirt, dragging him out the door. Jaejin tried protesting and prying himself from his grasp, but to no avail. “C’mon hyung,” he called from out the door, referring to Seunghyun.

He chuckled. He had weird friends, but he was glad to have them.

He looked down at the guitar he was still holding. How was he going to get it back to Jonghun? He could leave it here, but he didn’t want someone to take it.

He remembered the school handbook. It had all of the student’s addresses in it. He could drop it off at his house.

His heart skipped a beat. Jonghun’s house. What would it be like? What would Jonghun say? What if he bumped into his family? What would they think of him?

Ugh, what am I thinking? I’m acting like we’re a married couple. They’ll just think of me as a friend from school. That’s all. Stop overreacting.

He started packing his guitar, his heart racing thinking about what he was going to do.

He thought of Hongki again. He really did feel bad. He wanted to talk to him again. They were just becoming friends. But it’d be too awkward now, with them both liking the same person. He guessed he’d just keep it secret…

“Seunghyuuuun… you coming?” Minhwan said.

“Yeah, hang on.” Seunghyun grabbed the guitar case and hurried out of the room. Yeah. I’ll go to Jonghun’s house, hand over the guitar, and go. Nothing big.

 

 And here he was, standing in front of Jonghun, his heart exploding in his chest. Jonghun’s black hair was barely covering his wide eyes. He was so attractive. It flustered him.

“Oh… Um… Hi,” Jonghun stuttered, dumbfounded.

“Uh… I came to give this back to you. You left it in the music room.” Seunghyun whispered. He the guitar forward.

“Oh yeah, thanks.” Jonghun’s and Seunghyun’s hands touched as they exchanged the guitar. He flinched at his touch. One day, he was going to get a heart attack from this guy. “Come in. I’ll get some water.”

Seunghyun’s mouth dropped. He came back to earth in time to nod and walk inside.

He removed his shoes and stepped onto the hardwood floor. Dang… his house is pretty nice, he thought to himself. It was a smaller apartment, but the furniture, appliances and layout were very modern. He awed silently at a couple of family photos. He had an ecstatic smile. He was so cute. Then he saw some raw sheet music scattered on a table. And the piano. He wondered how people got the piano up into Jonghun’s apartment. His eyes wandered in every direction.

“Hey, just don’t be too loud. My mom’s sleeping,” he whispered loudly.

He was barely listening. He poked at an abstract painting, trying to interpret what it was. The frame started to falter.

At that moment, Jonghun was walking into the living room with a cup of water. He noticed the painting wavering. He quickly placed the water on the table and bounded towards the painting. He grabbed Seunghyun and then the picture.

“Damn it, I thought I said…” Jonghun hissed before noticing he was holding Seunghyun’s hand. He blushed and dropped it. He coughed nervously. “Sorry. Just… don’t touch anything.”

“I… I’m sorry… You just have so many things in your house,” Seunghyun said, his eyes still staring at things in amazement.

Jonghun stared at him, and then chuckled. “You’re so easy to amuse.” He reached for the water glass and gave it to Seunghyun, then went and sat on the couch. Seunghyun followed, sitting opposite of him.

He smiled through sips of water.

“Um, so,” Seunghyun began, “why is your mom sleeping?”

“She works night shifts. She’s practically nocturnal,” Jonghun said with a casual laugh.

“Oh. Then where’s your dad?”

Jonghun’s face fell. “He… died when I was little. I barely remember though, it was a long time ago.” He gave a small smile.

“Oh…” Seunghyun instantly felt terrible. He knew he’d said too much.

“Ah, don’t feel bad. I don’t even remember him. It’s fine,” he reassured. Even though, Seunghyun could tell the sadness in his words.

The apartment was small, but Seunghyun felt like he was alone with his hyung in an empty auditorium. Their voices seemed to reverberate throughout the house.

By then, he’d downed all of the water. “Whoa. Want me to get you something to eat, too?” Jonghun said teasingly.

Seunghyun shot a joking look. “Yes, I do.” He stood up, leaving his glass on the table. “Let’s go.”

Jonghun was confused. “Go where?”

“To get food obviously.”

“Where are we going to get food…?” Jonghun stood up, still puzzled.

“You tell me. You can show me around Busan, too. I’ve barely made my way around here.”

Jonghun raised an eyebrow and smirked. “Well you’re in luck, because I know the best places downtown.”

“Yes!” he exclaimed.

“Shhhh…”

“Oh yeah. Sorry hyung.”

They slowly exited the apartment. Seunghyun’s heart was beating like crazy.

He was going out with Jonghun.

Could he call it a date?

Probably not.

But it felt pretty darn close.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sorry it took so freaking long to post this.... o____o being grounded is a pain. And whenever I start working on it, my mom's like "Go to beeeeed". And I'm like T^T

So yeah.. xD Hope you like this one~ I'll seriously... try to post... faster.
.___.
I've been brainstorming so many new fanfic ideas, it's hard to concentrate on this one without wanting to write another one. xDD But I'll keep writing until I'm done :')

Comment and subscribe :DD