Chapter 7

Guitar Lessons (Jonghun x Seunghyun fanfic)

Chapter 7

 

Jonghun ran.

He bumped into a few people, but he didn’t care.

Why was he running?

Fear.

Fear plagued his mind.

 

He was about to kiss Seunghyun.

Why had he stopped?

He didn’t want to stop. He really had wanted to kiss him. Just thinking about it made his heart beat harder than it already was.

Jonghun slowed to a jog, then gradually into a walk.

 

Hongki.

His face appeared in his mind, smiling. And then his face with a horrified expression.

He could see it so clearly, like looking into a mirror. It was like a nightmare.

 

That was why. He was still hung up on that day. On Hongki’s reaction.

He’d been so close… why did his face have to spring up at the worst possible time? He just wanted to forget.

If he’d kissed him, would he be disturbed? Appalled? Hongki had forgiven it and stayed friends with him. But what if Seunghyun didn’t do the same? They’d barely known each other for a couple months. Their friendship was fragile.

What if he’d already ruined it by almost kissing him? Seunghyun had probably gotten the idea very well. What would he say when he saw him?

On top of all of that was the Hongki problem. What was he going to do about him?

 

Jonghun was getting dizzy from all of the thinking and self-questioning. He’d been relaxing himself by walking around the park trail. He walked here often. He found a bench near him and plopped himself onto it.

He looked up into the sky. The sun shone brightly, beaming on his face. He sighed. Finally the dreaded winter was over.

He was missing lunch at school, but he really couldn’t care less.

He closed his eyes, absorbing the warmth. He already felt calmer. There was something about running his feelings out that cooled him down.

He tried to push Seunghyun and Hongki out of his mind. He thought of playing his guitar on a stage in an empty auditorium. He thought of a tune he’d come up with awhile ago, brainstorming some more chords to add to it. He smiled through his shut eyes.

He glanced around. Nobody was here. Right now would be the perfect time to play guitar.

He reached for his guitar case.

His guitar.

Where was his guitar?

He couldn’t have forgotten it at-

Wait.

He’d left it in the music room.

Unguarded.

With Seunghyun.

. . He buried his hands in his hair. Nothing was going to go his way today, was it?

He didn’t want to call him. After what had happened, he didn’t know what he would say. He didn’t want to go back either. He didn’t want teachers knowing he wasn’t in class.

He’d just have to hope that Seunghyun kindly put it away and left it there for him.

He got off the bench and made his way to his house.

“!”  

 

Jonghun pushed the key into the door, turned it, and stepped inside. He looked at the clock. 5:00pm.

Other than his mom, he lived alone. His mom worked a night job so during the day she was deep in sleep. It was lonelier like that, but they had to make a living somehow.

He’d decided to pick up the groceries while he was out, but his mind wandered and he found himself in the clothing store. And the food store. And the music store.

He set his goods on the counter and sprawled out on the couch. He really should be studying, but again, he couldn’t care less.

Fatigue began to consume him. He was tired of thinking.

His eyes drooped. He began to drift off into sleep.

A loud knocking came from the front door.

Jonghun jumped from his laying position, racing for the door. He knew his mom was still sleeping and when she was woken up from her slumber, it wasn’t pretty.

“Shhh!” he said, pulling the door open.

“Sorry,” said a sheepish voice.

 

Seunghyun stood at the door, Jonghun's guitar case in hand.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Sorry if this chapter is so short. xD
I realized awhile ago that some peoples' chapters go to like.. 4-6 Microsoft Words pages.. mine only go to 2-3. lol
I'm trying to work faster and get more chapters in a week. I was so late for my last one.. Sorry. D:
I'll get em in asap :3