Chapter 4

Guitar Lessons (Jonghun x Seunghyun fanfic)

 

 

Chapter 4

 

Seunghyun sat at his desk. His face was deathly blank as he twirled his pencil around his fingers.

He didn’t think it could get anymore uncomfortably awkward than this.

           

“What the- What are you guys doing here!?” Hongki had exclaimed when he’d seen the two of them. As the realization of them together, alone, hugging each other under a dim light settled into his mind, his hand slowly covered his mouth in horror. He sprinted away from the door.

Jonghun made a break for the door. “Hongki, it’s not what you think-” he’d screamed.

But Hongki was already gone. He didn’t even try to chase him.

Jonghun ran his hand through his hair, letting out a sigh, and made his way back into the room. “Aish…” he muttered. He glanced up at his dongsaeng. He looked panicked.

They said nothing for awhile. Neither of them moved, shrouded in their thoughts. There was everything to talk about, but nothing was said aloud.

Jonghun finally broke the silence.

“Um… we’d better clear up things with Hongki. You know… he probably got the wrong idea…” he said, trying to sound lighthearted.

You have no clue, Seunghyun thought to himself. He nodded in response.

Normally, a situation like this would be worthy enough to joke about. Why did the mood have to become so serious over a hug?

They exchanged parting words as Jonghun left, saying he’d try calling Hongki.

Seunghyun was left, alone.

 

He knew something Jonghun didn’t. He knew Hongki’s real feelings while Jonghun didn’t have a clue. And after what had just happened, he knew their new growing friendship had been at the floor, scattering into little pieces. He didn’t know how he would face Hongki that day. He hadn’t seen him all morning. He guessed he’d just tell him he was helping his hyung with personal matters, but he hated keeping the truth from people he cared about. Even if he was silently competing with that person in a game of love, it would eat him up inside.

Somebody shook his shoulders from behind.

“Yah! You look like you have no soul. What’s wrong?”

Seunghyun jumped in surprise. “God- Minhwan, don’t do that.” How many times are people going to randomly pop up and scare me before I explode!? Seunghyun thought in frustration. Minhwan and him were in the same class and had become friends quickly, but that didn’t stop him from being aggravated when he was interrupted.

“Just twirling my pencil. Yeah, cool right?” He showed him his skilled finger-twirling action.

“Yeah. But you really look like a loner right now. Why aren’t you covered in girls?” Minhwan said, looking around.

“Is that all you think about?”

“No. I don’t really ever think about that,” Minhwan said with a pure smile. He was so innocent. How was he so innocent? He was a fifteen year old boy. You’d think some kind of dirty thought would cross his mind by now. “I just thought that you shouldn’t waste a handsome face like yours, hyung~”

“Hmm. I guess I am pretty handsome…” Seunghyun said jokingly.

“Yah… don’t let your ego get to your head.”

“You just said I was handsome!”

“I was being nice!” They were laughing and pushing each other.

A loud slap hit the door entrance, sending a sea of heads turning in the direction of the sound. It was extremely silent for a couple of seconds, but the murmurs rose again.

“Dongsaaaaaeng,” Hongki called. Seunghyun’s heart stopped. He wasn’t prepared to see him. He made his way towards Seunghyun, causing his heart to thump out loud in his chest. He wondered if Minhwan could hear it. His hyung wrapped an arm around Seunghyun’s neck.

“Who’s this?” he said, nodding his head to Minhwan.

“Uh... that’s my friend Minhwan.”

Hongki hugged tighter, pulling Seunghyun away. “Sorry, he’s mine.”

The two of them walked away. Hongki waved and greeted blushing girls. Seunghyun was still in shock. Where had his confidence gone?

“Hey, Seunghyun-ah! Let’s get chicken sometime!” Minhwan called.

           

Hongki pushed Seunghyun up against a wall. He had an unfamiliar look in his eyes. A twinge of deviousness and darkness. He’d never seen it before, let alone on Hongki. Seunghyun was honestly scared. He didn’t know he had this side of him; but of course, he didn’t know much about him yet. There were many secrets still to be learned.

“Explain what I saw yesterday.”

“Hyung, there is honestly nothing going on between me and Jonghun. I promise you that. He agreed to teach me how to play guitar because I want to learn, and we’ve been meeting every Wednesday.”

“Then what do you call being alone after school all wrapped up in each other? That doesn’t really look like guitar lessons to me.”

Seunghyun bit his lip. He didn’t know if he should tell him. Hongki didn’t know.

“I was… helping him with personal problems.”

“No, let me guess. His drinking problem.” Hongki closed his eyes and tilted his head up.

Seunghyun’s eyes widened in surprise.

“It wasn’t unobvious. I can smell the alcohol in his breath sometimes. But I really can’t believe it. Why would he tell you, and not his best friend…?” Hongki questioned, glaring at his underclassman.

Seunghyun was speechless. “I… I really don’t know hyung, but I’m really sorry. There’s nothing going on between us.” He gulped. He knew it wasn’t the full truth.

Hongki’s icy stare pierced Seunghyun. “You know how I feel. Why were you hugging him?”

“I-” He paused. He didn’t know how to answer that. It had been a reflex. He wanted to comfort him, for him to feel loved. He loved Jonghun, and he wanted him to feel that. He started blushing and broke from his gaze, but he knew he couldn’t hide it from Hongki.

Neither said a word.

“You could’ve told me how you felt. But I guess you decided to pursue your love behind my back instead.”

Seunghyun spoke in a whisper. “I’m sorry I didn’t-”

“I guess this means war.”

He heard his footsteps fading as he walked down the hallway. Girls in the hallway could feel his angry aura floating around him and knew not to dare talk to him.

Seunghyun stared at the floor, motionless. Why was his life already filled with so much drama and confusion? He didn’t want to compete with Hongki. He wished he was back in the countryside, sitting on a grassy field with the sun in his face.

He slapped his cheeks a couple of times, took a few deep breaths, and walked back to the classroom.

Minhwan was talking to another boy when he saw him. “Hyung!”

“Let’s go get some chicken. I’m starving.”

Minhwan’s mouth dropped, and he started jumping in excitement. “Yeeeees! Hey, by the way, this is my friend Jaejin. He plays bass guitar.”

“Really? You should join our future band.”

The new boy’s mouth formed an O shape. “You’re gonna make a band?”

The three boys continued their conversation as they made their way out of the classroom to pick up some long-needed chicken.

 

Seunghyun was exhausted and overwhelmed. He just wanted to forget everything that was happening, even for a little while.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

 

 

Heeey, I lied! Jongki's not coming till next chapter. xD Which will already be posted by the time you read this.

Sorry if this chapter is stupid. -.- I just had to get this part out of the way. 

Comment and subscribe? :D