Feminine Sensitivity

Sailor Girls

 

After a few minutes, the other three came walking up the stairs. Ricky and Rockhyun sat on Changjo’s left, and Niel sat in the open seat on his right. Everyone passed around the snacks when the movie started. 
 
The movie was very interesting, but it was hard to pay attention with the all chatterboxes. The maknaes never shut up, and Tina kept asking Chunji to explain what was going on. Either she was legitimately confused like she always was, or she just wanted to find a reason to talk to Chunji. She probably tried to talk to CAP first, but since he’s quiet and mild, she probably preferred talking to Chunji.
Andreya drank too much of her blue raspberry Icee too fast, and she found herself leaving to use the ladies room. When she came out, she was going to return to the movie, but something else caught her interest.
 
“What are you doing out here?” she asked someone on a bench who looked like he was from Teen Top, but she couldn’t have been sure because his head was down.
 
CAP exposed his face and forced a smile. “Yeah, hi. I, uh… I didn’t really want to keep watching that movie.”
 
“Why not? Was it too scary for you? Aren’t you the oldest?” Andreya teased smirking.
 
“It’s not that.” His face turned dark as he looked down again. “I just hate to see women being abused. You didn’t see it because you were in the bathroom, but it was too graphic for my taste.”
 
“I remember there was this big thing that happened on one of your interviews. I can’t remember who it was, obviously not you, but one of you guys said they’d beat their daughter and spoil their son. And all the fans–”
 
“I’m not proud of my statement,” he interjected and immediately his face turned even more serious and his fists clenched. “I wasn’t thinking when I said that. I-I guess… I guess I thought it would be funny or something… When my mom was diagnosed with thyroid carcinoma, my outlook on women changed drastically.”
 
“I’m so sorry… You’re really… sensitive, aren’t you?”
 
It took him a second to register her comment before he blurted, “No! I just–”
 
“You don’t have to get so defensive; it’s a good thing. It’s better than being insensitive.”
 
“Yeah, I-I guess.”
 
After an awkward silence, Andreya asked, “Do you plan on sitting out here until it’s over?”
 
“Yeah, but you don’t have to. You can go back inside.”
 
“I can’t leave you out here alone feeling all crappy,” Andreya cooed as she nudged his shoulder. “Do you know the easiest way to stop thinking about something disturbing?” As CAP looked at her like a lost and confused puppy, she decided to give the answer. “Think of something else.”
 
“Like what, Dr. Psychiatrist?” he asked as he leaned back against the wall.
 
“How often do you watch people?” When he gave her another puzzled look, she went on to elaborate. “People watch you all the time, but do you ever watch people? Like, look at that man over there. What do you think of what he’s wearing?”
 
“Uhm… It looks… okay.”
 
Andreya swiveled her head in CAP’s direction and raised her eyebrows. “Would you wear that?”
 
Finally, he loosened up and chuckled, “No, probably not… Do you know what time it is?”
 
“Let me check. Oops… Yeah, it’s 5:17.”
 
Just then, a girl stopped in her tracks and pointed. “Oh, my god! You’re CAP! Bang Minsoo! Can I have a picture with you?!”
 
He looked at Andreya apologetically as he got up and posed next to his fan. She thanked him for his time, and skipped away with glee.
 
CAP and Andreya continued talking and watching people until several people screamed at a distance.
He sighed and mumbled, “You might want to head back into the theater. Fans are coming.”
 
Andreya simply smiled and nodded as she followed directions. The movie was almost over by the time she returned. When the movie ended, some of the boys stretched and yawned obnoxiously. The others clapped and cheered attracting attention only to be scolded by L. Joe.
 
Changjo sarcastically asked to anyone who was listening, “Is everyone satisfied?”
 
Niel remarked, “Wreck-It Ralph would have been better.”
 
Ricky chuckled and responded, “Hyung, just let it go.”
 
Meanwhile, Chunji was acting as a gentleman and offered his hand to assist Tina out of her seat. She accepted and asked where CAP was. Chunji tried not to show it, but his ego was instantly bruised. After putting forth gestures to please her, her mind was on someone else.
 
Andreya heard the question and since she thought it happened to them daily, she simply answered, “He’s getting eaten alive by fans.”
 
“You’re serious?” Chunji asked the question that was on everyone’s minds.
 
Andreya suddenly felt immense pity and could only nod and position her lips to the side of her face.
 
“We’re screwed!” Ricky shouted.
 
“Should we be concerned?” Andreya asked as she noticed the stressful expressions on all of their faces.
 
“No, no,” Chunji cooed. “You guys can leave if you want, but we have to wait here until the crowd calms down. In the mean time, make sure you take care of yourselves.” His wink almost made Tina faint on the spot. Andreya redirected her attention by whispering something in her ear.
 
“Oh!” Tina blurted causing Chunji’s eyebrows to twitch in surprise. “I-I followed you on Twitter, and I… was wondering–”
 
Chunji used his index and middle fingers to lightly lift her lowered head as he relaxed his eyelids. He finished her sentence, “Sure, I’ll follow you back, and we can be friends. If I don’t respond often, it’s only because I’m busy. I would never ignore someone as beautiful as you on purpose.”
 
Andreya eventually pried her whimsical friend’s eyes away and the two headed in the opposite direction. After Tina made a brief pit stop, they headed home.