What's Your Boothang's Name?

Sailor Girls

Andreya woke up and rubbed her eyes as she stretched. She checked her phone on the way to the bathroom. Immediately, her face lit up because she had a new text from Chanji wishing her a good morning.

“Someone’s in a good mood,” Tina sang as she slipped in front of Andreya and closed the bathroom door.

“Yeah,” Andreya mumbled quietly as she texted back. “I mean, no! It’s nothing!”

“It didn’t look like ‘nothing’. Who is he? You haven’t looked like that when you talk to boys in a while.”

Andreya was taken aback. “How do you know it’s a boy?”

Tina opened the door with her wet, soapy hand, and just gave her a look. When she pretended that she still didn’t understand, Tina tilted her head forward and raised her eyebrows. When Andreya gave up the innocent act, Tina smiled to herself, closed the door, and finished washing her hands.

“If it makes you feel any better,” Tina started as she walked out, “I’m talking to a boy, too.”

“Who?”

“The blonde guy from Teen Top who winks a lot.”

Andreya couldn’t contain her laughter as soon as the information sunk in.

“What?! You don’t believe me?! He told me to follow him and CAP on Twitter!” she insisted.

“Tina… That doesn’t mean they’ll follow you back. Have you guys even talked since yesterday?”

She hesitated, and stuttered, “N-no… But he told me he would talk to us again sometime because we were pretty! He said that while you were in the bathroom, or wherever you were.”

“Aww, how sweet of him,” Andreya retorted sarcastically.

“You don’t have to be jealous,” she responded as she folded her arms and stuck out her tongue.

“I’m not. Besides, I have someone else I can talk to.”

“Oh, so you are talking to a boy?!”

“No, I never–” Andreya was cut off by her ringtone. She only used the song Hello by SHINee for specific contacts that she deemed special, and that was the song that played. When Tina shot her a look, she stopped resisting the truth. “Okay, fine… I’m talking to some guy I met yesterday. He was pretty sweet. He didn’t seem like he was interested in me as a girlfriend, and I don’t see him as a boyfriend either. We’re just friends.”

“So, what’s your boothang’s name?” Tina questioned with a smirk.

“First off,” Andreya began gesturing with her phone still in her hand, “don’t copy my words. Second, I just told you we’re only friends. My friend’s name is Chanji.”

Tina smirked again, “I don’t believe this.”

“What?” Andreya asked completely unaware of what was going on in her friend’s mind.

“You don’t believe me when I said I’m talking to Chunji, but you expect me to believe you when you say that you are when you can’t even remember his name?”

Andreya responded coldly, “I’m not talking to Chunji or any other Teen Top members. I am talking to Chanji.”

“Are you sure that’s his name?”

“Yes. I’m pretty sure the name he told me belongs to him.”

“No, are you sure it wasn’t Chunji, or his real name, Chanhee? I mean, those names are pretty close, so they could easily be confused.” Again, Andreya’s phone went off.

“I already told you,” she immediately responded as she headed into the bathroom, “I’m not talking to any Teen Top members.”

Tina leaned against the wall and waited for Andreya to come out. She smirked to herself when Andreya’s phone went off again. Tina thought of another plan as her friend shuffled out of the doorway.

“I won’t believe you until I meet him,” she blurted.

“Tina… It’s not even that serious. If he knows that your trying to scope him out, that’ll make everything awkward. We’ve only known each other for less than twenty-four hours.”

“So, you’re making excuses?” she asked amusing herself.

Andreya rolled her eyes and raised her voice, “Fine! I’ll see if he’s busy today.”

After a few exchanged text messages, Andreya arranged to meet Chanji at the mall. She warned him that her annoying best friend would be tagging along, so it would be best for him to bring a friend or two. He claimed that he didn’t mind and sent a smiley face along with it. Tina proudly smiled to herself and dressed a bit better than her normal casual. On the other hand, Andreya wasn’t trying to impress anyone, so she threw on jeans and the first clean T-shirt she saw.

When the girls arrived at the mall, they walked around by themselves idly as they awaited Chanji’s arrival. Tina kept going into every store eying all sorts of clothes that she had nowhere near enough money to buy. Meanwhile, Andreya found a blouse she liked, but the price tag was missing. Since most shopkeepers were nervous talking to her, she asked Tina to ask for the price. Before she approached a worker, she dropped the blouse onto the ground and shrieked.