A-N-D-U-R-A-A

Sailor Girls

 

“Wait, wait. Hold on,” CAP muttered as he put the game controller down.

“CAP-hyung. You can’t pause the game just to take a nap. Get up!” Niel became frustrated as his hyung got up and laid on his bed. “Why do you invite people over when all you do is sleep?!”

“But I’m tired,” CAP whined, curled up, and covered his face with his arms to hide from Niel’s nagging. After Niel’s eyes rolled, they centered and landed on a boy entering the room with at least a dozen snacks that were miraculously not falling out of his grip…

“Hyungs! I brought food!” Ricky squeaked and tossed them all over CAP’s bed. CAP groaned as some of the harder packaged goods collided with his unprepared and vulnerable back. When he opened his eyes, he saw a bag of his favorite shrimp-flavored chips in front of his face. As he looked around, he saw an abundance of all his favorite foods sprawled across his bed.

He rolled over and asked, “Where did you bring these from? Are they all from my pantry?”

Promptly, Ricky replied, “Yeah, you know I have no money.”

Ignoring CAP’s sigh, Niel grabbed the box that was closest to him and commented, “Well, eating probably is more fun than watching hyung sleep.”

As Ricky sat at the foot of CAP’s bed after taking off his jacket, he noticed a disturbing smirk that was on CAP’s face. Ricky glanced back at Niel who was equally confused.

Before either of them could question his behavior, CAP lifted his head, supported it with his arm, and asked, “What was that one fan’s name?”

As he opened a bag of chips, Ricky dryly murmured, “Like I’m supposed to know what one fan you’re talking about…”

“The black one, and her friend,” CAP specified.

“Oh! Yeah, I don’t know her name,” Ricky commented and stuffed a ridiculous amount of food into his mouth.

Niel commented, “I remember Tina, but the other one had some long foreign name. I think it was something like An-di… An-du… An… An-di-ru–”

“Andreya?” L. Joe asked as he and Changjo entered the room.

“Yes! Yeah, that was her name,” CAP replied.

“Who dares to talk about my future girlfriend?” Changjo hissed.

Utterly unintimidated, CAP continued, “She was such a good dancer.”

“Mm-hm!” Ricky agreed.

“I wonder if she has any dance videos on YouTube,” CAP thought aloud as he walked over to his computer with an opened bag of Cheetos in his hand. “L. Joe, how do you spell Andreya?”

L. Joe began, “CAP-hyung, there’s probably plenty of people with the same name, so I doubt–”

“Try A-N-D-U-R-A-A,” Niel blindly suggested.

“You’re an idiot,” Changjo scoffed.

With his eyebrows slightly furrowed in thought, CAP stated, “I’m pretty sure there isn’t a U.” He began typing in A-N-D and then paused, staring at the screen.

“Probably R-E-A,” L. Joe finally informed. When Andrea was entered, a suggested Andreya was also displayed.

When only videos of an apparently YouTube famous blonde showed up, Changjo directed, “Hyung, try clicking the one with the Y.”

CAP smirked at the screen when he scrolled down and saw an abundance of videos with her face all of the thumbnails. Because all of his dongsaengs kept barking at him to pick this one and that one, he was indecisive as to which one to watch first. He attempted to shuffle the screen by scrolling through the page at a fast pace and then clicked the first one he saw when he stopped scrolling.

When the video loaded, Ricky immediately noted, “Look! I wore those pants!”

“They look better on her,” Changjo dismissed without hesitation.

As the video slowly progressed with conversations in English, the boys idly stared, waiting for the dancing to start.

“I know this song,” CAP commented as he had already begun bouncing his head along with the music.

“Aye! Swag! She got swag!” all of the boys chimed simultaneously. “Oh! Oh! Oh!” they chorused together rhythmically to the beat of the music.

“Aye! Yep, I think I like her now,” CAP thought in his mind, or so he thought.

Changjo didn’t fail to hear someone else claiming ‘his girl’, so he hit CAP’s arm and growled, “She’s mine!”

“Yeah, yeah,” CAP mumbled, eyes still glued to the screen.

When the video came to a quick finish, Ricky excitedly pointed to another video and squealed, “That one! That one!”

Before the video even faded in the title, Niel gasped and started singing along to the words.

“You would know a Justin Bieber song,” Changjo remarked, completely unamused.

“Which one is she?” CAP asked aloud when he saw four feminine figures that either could have been Andreya.

“That’s why she belongs to me,” Changjo retorted. “She’s obviously the one with the black pants–”

“They all have black pants,” CAP snapped.

“And you didn’t let me finish, stupid. Hers have white ribbons on them.”

“Shh!” Ricky shushed them and angrily waved his hand up and down.

Soon thereafter, all of the boys were in a trance as their eyes honed in on Andreya’s every move. As the singer of the song’s voice raised an octave, Andreya’s movements became more fluid.

“Ooh!” the boys howled as they all jumped back from their seats and spilled food all over the floor. Ricky and Niel jumped repetitively and alternated between hollering and giggling. CAP and Changjo laughed triumphantly and exchanged high-fives. Even the conservative L. Joe was covering his mouth as he watched the screen. For some reason, all of them had a wave of silence, regained composure, and continued watching the dance, as if on cue.

“Aww!” all five of them shouted at an obnoxious volume as the end credits appeared. “No! I can’t believe it’s over! Man!”

“I have had enough of all this racket!” screamed a loud authoritative voice. “What is it that you are doing that requires so much noise?! What is all of this on the floor?!”

“Yeah you guys were pretty loud. I heard you guys all the way downstairs,” Chunji annoyingly added as he entered the room along with CAP’s father.

“My apologies, dad,” CAP responded humbly. “We were watching a, uh, music video, but I didn’t notice how loud we were. It won’t happen again.”

“Mmh,” his father hummed expectantly. After the intimidating man left, the delirious atmosphere returned as the video was replayed for Chunji’s benefit.

“Oh is this that black fan from before?” Chunji squealed without even slightly considering the possibility CAP’s father being within earshot. “You still like her? Haha, I thought this black of yours would have died by now.”

“What?” Mr. Bang reappeared and questioned in a menacingly calm tone.


 

a/n: if anyone's interested in the videos they saw, linked them in the text inconspicuously.