Chanji's Busy

Sailor Girls

“Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god,” Tina repeated to herself gradually increasing in volume and pitch.

“Shh,” Chunji cooed as he walked closer to her and held a finger up to his lips. He clasped his hands together and pleaded, “Please, please don’t make a scene.”

Tina covered so fast, she practically slapped herself. Seeing the uncontrollable excitement in her best friend, Andreya couldn’t help but smile. She saw and heard Tina jump in place while muffling her squeals. When Chunji heard her stuttering the first syllable of his name, he quickly stooped her.

“No, no, no, no, no. Shh… Please don’t say my name out loud.” He realized that he couldn’t just ask her for her name anymore because she was too unstable. He looked around nervously contemplating how to set aright his stupid decision. When his eyes met a boy with long brown hair hiding awkwardly behind something, the awkward boy lifted his head beckoning Chunji to leave. Chunji interpreted that gesture completely differently, though.

He made a scooping motion with his hands and asked, “Can you guys come with me please?”

Tina giggled obnoxiously, looked back at Andreya, and then eagerly followed the second K-Pop idol of her dreams’ directions. Andreya just smiled at her friend and tagged along as well. When Niel realized that Chunji asked the fans to follow him, his eyes grew large and his eyebrows disappeared behind his bangs. Before Niel could open his mouth to say something, Chunji had already told him to shut up.

L. Joe was annoyed, but not surprised in the least, to see the girls approaching with the boys. Nonetheless, he formally bowed and greeted them, “Hello, again.”

“Hi,” Andreya responded and bowed in return since she was the only one calm enough to do so.

Putting his best foot forward, Chunji used the name he had previously heard repeated. “Andreya, I’d like you to meet my friends Niel and L. Joe.”

“Oww!” Andreya shouted as she rubbed her smacked arm.

“You said you weren’t talking to Chunji, yet he magically appears? And he knows your name?” Tina pouted.

Amused by the sudden tension, Chunji asked casually, “Babe, you haven’t told her about us yet?”

“What?!” everyone except him questioned.

He smoothly wrapped his arm around Andreya sarcastically reassuring her, “There’s no need to be nervous.”

“Get your hands off me!” she scolded as she slapped his hand and quickly moved away.

“Andreya!” Tina screamed defensively. “You can’t hit Chunji like that! He could sue you, or his bodyguards can come and attack you or something!”

“Wow. You have more enthusiasm than the people who get paid to protect us,” he commented chuckling. “How’d you like to be our bodyguard for today? We’re supposed to go see a movie.”

Once again, Tina jumped and squealed. After a lifetime in her mind, but only a few seconds in reality, she nodded.

“You have to be quiet, though.” He smiled sweetly and held out his hand for Tina to hold. Her arm wavered before she took hold of it as if she had Parkinson’s. Then, he realized that if he was allegedly dating Andreya, he needed to make it appear believable.  When he held out his other hand for her to hold, she just stared at him in the face with her arms still relaxed at her sides. Even though he was famous, she treated him how she treated any boy who offended her by expecting her to fall for his charms. Eventually, she got annoyed by him standing there with his hand out in persistence, so she walked toward the theater alone. 

L. Joe noticed how she reacted. He wanted to catch up to her pace to comfort her, but he felt that since she didn’t know him, she may have just brushed him off as well. He decided to follow her closely, but with a safe distance between.

During her walk, Andreya heard a SHINee song playing in her pocket. Her bad mood subsided briefly because phone displayed a new text message from Chanji. Her excitement lessened as she read what he wrote.

 

From: Chanji

Sorry, but something came up. Maybe we can hang out

next time.

 

 

Desperate for him to come and save her from vexation, she decided to call him.

“Hello?”

“Chanji, is everything okay?”

“Yeah. I’m fine, I just… had a change of plans.”

“Well… I did too, unfortunately. Are you sure you can’t come to the mall?”

“You actually want me there with you? It didn’t loo–”

“Yes! That’s why I’m calling you, silly.”

“Heh… Oh… Well, I was there for a second, but I, uh… had to leave.”

“Well, that stinks. You probably didn’t, but did you stick around long enough to see me and Tina?”

“N-no.”

“Oh, well… Apparently, I have to go now. Take care!”

“Okay, you too.”

Andreya finally addressed the girl who was tugging her sleeve. She snapped, “What?!”

“I am about to see a movie with Teen Top,” Tina announced shakily as she shoved her phone into Andreya’s face. “Take a picture of us so I can cherish this moment!”

Andreya pulled herself together to face the situation at hand and smiled as she took the camera. She didn’t fake a polite smile; she just had a wave of maturity pass over her and she gained patience.

Soon after Tina had calmed down after seeing the reality of her photo with half of Teen Top, four other boys walked up. Andreya was confused because she thought Teen Top only had six members, yet seven boys were present.

 


Parkinson's disease: a disease commonly found in elderly people that affects the nervous system. The most widely known symptoms are tremors or shaking.