Leon

Beyond What You See

A/N Today I dedicate this story to a friend of 10 years, though we drifted, I'll always remember our conversations and your advice when I was almost close to depress. Happy Birthday H.

And I’d never ever hurt you, without you there’s no life in me
This love got me proud to show it
Aint no doubt I’ma keep on holdin’
And it’s on ’till forever more oh baby on’n on you know we have each other’s back yo

- This Love; GDragon


He saw the flight took off to Korea and prayed silently for it to have a safe landing. He do not want to lose his kids and sending them back to Korea without him by their side makes him more uneasy than ever.

What if someone hired a gun to bring them down? I should not think too much since they've been trained, they'll know what to do. But I can't help it...

Leon walked away from the area and headed towards his gate to fly back home in LA. He started to feel vibrations in his pocket. "Wassup Leon?"

"I told you I'll call you myself."

"Come on. I can't wait any longer."

"Look, I said we'll meet when I get back. You know I don't go back on my words."

"Fine. I'll see you soon Leon."

"Take care, Mike."

***

"Hey honey whats wrong?" The first question that first came out of when she saw her husband walked in. She knew him too well; knew when he was tired, when he was angry, when his mind was occupied. He can never leave the question unanswered, he knows it will make her worry more.

"I'm just tired. Where are the kids?" Leon lied to his wife. But he knew that she could read that as a lie without even looking at him.

"Asleep. Are you flying off again any time soon? Mom invited us over for dinner tomorrow." She let it go. She also knew when he does not want to talk about his troubles and she does not want to anger him just by digging deeper.

"Sorry sweety, flying again tomorrow. Noon."

"Leon.. It's been so long since we had a decent meal as a family!" Leon knew that well. Eversince they started the mission, he was hardly home to watch his 5 and 6 year old kids grow. But he hates admitting it straight to her. She doesn't know what he really does to support the family and he does not plan on telling her any time soon.

"Joan enough.. I'm tired, I have loads going on in my head and.." Before he could finish those words, she walked off and headed to the bedroom. Sofa it shall be for tonight. Loads of things in my head that I have to straighten up. Things like the mission, the mission that started because he wanted to protect the country he was born in.

Leon remembered how he first met the young and determined Jiyong during one of his many meets with Hyunsuk. He really did not want to but the look of determination in Jiyong's eyes attracted him to take Jiyong under his wings and train him to assassinate the many spies that are in SKorea. Jiyong was young but his careful thoughts brought him to think maturely for the good of his country. Not many encourage the unison of the North and the South and Leon with his team were the reason both parties were not attacking each other boldly to cause panic to their many population.

After weeks working with Jiyong, Leon met Taeyang who was young and playful. Though Leon did not want to get Youngbae involve, GD managed to persuade him and there he was, risking the life of a Dong Youngbae and Kwon Jiyong.

For many months both boys were working diligently to debut together and Leon was full of support. He did not want two young boys to remain as an assassin all their life. His life was ruin when he was recruited at a young age and he does not wish to continue that cycle to GD & YB. But Leon was thankful that he accepted them both and that they had image to cover up their killer side. Within one month of working together they managed to bring down 2 cells of terrorists that were highly influential.

***

"Seunghyun, meet Taeyang & GDragon. Youngbae and Jiyong, Seunghyun."

"Kids already got their code names?"

"No TOP, stage names. Which you, will be on too."

"What?!"

"Hyunsuk agreed. You rap well, you write well. The group will make a good cover."

Just like that, TOP was with the hired hit duo preparing to debut as a young hip hop boyband. When suddenly the door opened and two boys, looking much younger than the three of them, walked in.

"Seunghyun, Daesung. They'll be with the 3 of you."

"Seunghyun?"

"Ah, Little Seunghyun. Big Seunghyun. You 5 prepare for the debut. Song is ready and we're planning to have you up on stage by next month. You 3 older ones, don't forget. Take care."

The 5 looked at each other awkwardly, waiting for Jay, their choreographer, to walk in and start training.

***

But that was few years ago when they were all comfortable enough to be joking around and irritating each other.. But now, after all the killing Taeyang, GD & TOP have done with Leon, he feels awkward even just by getting a text message from any of them. He felt like he shouldn't get any close with them, just in case something happens, something bad. Sigh.

1 October 2012

"Honey, I'm leaving!" Leon called out but unfortunately to an empty house. Leon massaged his forehead, remembering his fight with his wife the night before. Locking his entire house, ensuring that the CCTV was running well, he left the house for the airport.

"Hey Leon!" Called a voice behind him.

"Mike?"

"Trail my car. We'll talk at some other place."

"I was on my way to the airport to fly and meet you!"

"Too slow. I want my money!"


A/N And thank you Tharyar and Bungsky for the comments and ideas. Hope this chapter doesnt disappoint any of you. My head is in a mess with assignments, I forgot to give a brief background on their missions and all. So, here it is.