Pain

Beyond What You See

16 June 2012
Saturday; Saitama, Japan 1400 hours

As Seungri struggled to keep his smile with the immense pain on his hip, Taeyang walked to his side and wrapped an arm around Seungri's shoulder.

"You alright bro?"

"Never better hyung."

"Lies." And he walked away. Taeyang could not bear to see his maknae in pain. Worse still, the injury had to be wrap tightly so that it won't bleed halfway through the concert. He could not imagine the amount of pain that Seungri has to hold for hours.

Seungri was practically surviving on painkillers for the past few days and today was no different. He particularly need it today to ensure that he wont feel the pain from the gunshot wound to perform well for his VIPs. The first aider came to his side to nurse his wound one last time before he prepares himself for the concert. The pain was so unbearable, Seungri could no longer hide his tears. Anyone can survive this wound if they had enough rest but he clearly was not that lucky. There were rehearsals and schedules to keep up with in his celebrity life.

"Seunghyun, be strong. You'll be ok."

"Hyung, you'll be fine on stage."

Came all the encouraging words from the staff backstage and Big Bang's dancer. Seungri could feel his cheek burn from embarrassment and quickly wiped away his tears. But no matter how he wipe them off, it kept coming.

Far in the corner of the room, the hyungs sat together and kept glancing at Seungri. They know how they were all worried of Seungri's condition but no one dared to voice it out. They know that what Seungri needs now is strength and trust from people around him that he can still go up on stage. And being the hyungs, the 4 would do just that.

5 hours later

Seungri forced himself to stand up and walked over to his hyungs. The concert is about to start and he does not want VIPs to suspect his pain. As the 5 gathered, the hyungs couldn't take their eyes off their maknae.

Protect us, protect our maknae. Taeyang closed his eyes and prayed.

Daesung looked at his beloved maknae and felt his chest tighten. You'll be alright Ri, you'll do fine.

"빅뱅 빅뱅 화이팅!"

And they walk up to stage together.

During concert

TOP was very mindful of Seungri who was full of energy. He knew that his maknae would do anything for him if he was the one injured so he had to make sure that he has his eyes on Seungri most of the time.

Changing of his stage attire was nothing but difficult. Even though he wanted it done quickly, he had to ensure he did not stretched out too much to avoid any sudden huge pain.

While Seungri changed, TOP walked next to him and smiled. "Very proud of you."

"Hyong. I love you too."

"What? No! I said proud."

Seungri giggled like a little girl and TOP could not help but to smile. Even when in pain, Seungri cannot let go of his cheekiness.

***

While everyone was rushing everywhere, TOP saw at the corner of his eyes a few agents rushing to the exit. He knew they were in danger but he was more afraid of getting found out what Big Bang's other life is. Plus, there are thousands of VIPs out there and he don't want anyone's life to be dangered because of their mission.

TOP stood up and walked towards the door. When he was about to follow the agents, YG came and pushed him back in to the room as he pulled his own Sig's trigger.

"Stay Big Seunghyun. I need you to continue the concert like nothing is happening."

TOP could only nod, he would not want to risk many lives just because he did not follow orders. And it's not just any other life, it's their concert staff life, his VIPs life, his friends' life. They were all family to him though he doesn't know their names by heart and doesn't know what they even look like.

As he walked towards the stage and got ready for the next stage as five, he heard a shot. He closed his eyes and sighed. Everything going to be just fine.

He opened his eyes and looked for Seungri, struggling to keep off his tears and bearing the excruciating pain. As much as he enjoys doing concerts for his fans, he wanted today to end fast for them all. Then his maknae won't start bleeding again. Wait, bleeding?

Note:

- 빅뱅 빅뱅 화이팅 : Big Bang Big Bang hwaiting, typical chant that Big Bang does before their concert/stage

- hyong: an aegyo (act cute) way of saying (typing actually) hyung (male term for older brother)

A/N:

Thank you for reading! Do leave a comment on what you want to know more about, I do have writer's block, unfortunately.

Really wanted to post this up yesterday but got caught up with school and GD's photos from GDA. Thousand apologies for delay and in advance because next few chapters gonna be slowly updated (Thank you school!). Have fun reading this one!