vi.

Half & Half

 

vi. 

►Play


 

 What would you do if you found out that someone had something you have in common? Panic is one way to explain it, which what Hyoyi was feeling at the sudden situation. What do Hyoyi and the mysterious girl have in common, you ask? Well, it's simple - Everything. It didn't make sense to her, she knew that there would only be one Hyoyi in this world, which was her? But who's this? To her surprise, she saw her somewhat "Clone"... 

 

 "Nam Hyoyi!" Myungsoo already finished paying for the things they bought then neared the two girls. "Nam..." The original Hyoyi turned her head around and faced her clone, "...Hyoyi?" She was about to faint when she heard the forgotten name in her past. All she received was a wide smile. Myungsoo walked towards the other Hyoyi and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, which confused Hyoyi even more.

 

 The whole situation itself was confusing.

 

 Has the whole world gone insane!?

 

 Now he had some kind of relation with the person called "Nam Hyoyi"? But what about Woohyun?

 

 Is this one of his tricks!? Tch. It's killing me...

 

 "Anyways, Jung Hyoyi, this is Nam Hyoyi. And Nam Hyoyi, this is Jung Hyoyi." He pointed out. "You two know each other?" Nam Hyoyi faced Myungsoo and asked, still wearing that same smile which Hyoyi described as "Fake". "Yep. Myungsoo nodded, "We're classmates this year." He smiled to the girl. Why is he like this only to that girl? I feel all happy inside when I'm not supposed to. Ugh... Hyoyi kept a ruthless look; she was now even more confused about her real identity. It was also weird to see "herself" in front of her, just like a mirror. It was creepy to the point that her own eyes twitched for a lot of times.

 

 "Now may I ask you both?" Myungsoo looked at the two, he want to admit it, they do look very much the same. "Do you know each other?" 

 

 "Yeah~" Nam Hyoyi answered cutely, "We know each other, right?" She beamed at the ice princess. Hyoyi just silently nodded. Though they do look alike, they were still very different from each other. The other one all smileys and rainbows or whatsoever while the other's aura was completely dark and icy, but was now being melted by her "365 day partner", Kim Myungsoo. "I have to admit, you two look exactly alike." Myungsoo cleared his throat.

 

 There was no denying. The two were uncomparable.

 

 Though there were minor details that the two don't have. One was their completely different attitude. Nam Hyoyi's hair was shorter that it only reached 'till her jawline and had the color of chestnut brown. While Jung Hyoyi's hair was long and pitch-black. Their faces were very similar, though there might be a little age difference, since Nam Hyoyi seemed more mature. The one most obviously distinguished was their character. Hyoyi hated girls who were all cutesy and smiles. It irritated her so much that she wanted to punch her "own self" that was now standing in front of her. Is this one of your plans? She looked up and asked the voice that led them through all this.

 

 "That's why I saved her, Hyo." Myungsoo bragged while Nam Hyoyi seemed all so proud. Hyo? Now they call each other by pet names? Just what is her relationship with him!? Hyoyi was growing even more curious. But it still creeped her that there was someone who actually looked like her, but she didn't see Nam Hyoyi as the look-alike of herself - She saw her as someone else... There's no mistaking it. It was her. Hyoyi gulped.

 

 "Saved me?" Jung Hyoyi raised an eyebrow and asked Myungsoo. "Yeah, that day, remember? When you were hit by the truck?" Myungsoo grinned, feeling all high and mighty, "I saved you because you resembled Hyo so much." He informed, while Nam Hyoyi turned so touched that she helt her chest and looked like she was appreciating what Myungsoo did with her all. Ah... So that's it. Hyoyi kept her head down. "Let's go." Myungsoo commanded while Hyoyi followed silently.

 

 The ice princess turned even colder now.

 


 

  Popular songs say, "Your life is precoius" but, even if I were replaced by someone else,

 

  No one would care.

 

 What's your favorite music?

 

 What's your favorite food?

 

 Who's the person you like?

 

 I mean it's... Fine if it's not me.

 

 Hey... Am I... Am I too late?

 


 

 No one wanted to near the girl with a very intimidating aura surrounding her. She was too scary to even look at, let alone nearing the girl. Hyoyi was at the background this time. She couldn't walk in front and can't boss Myungsoo around since her "twin" entered the scene. All she could do was just to walk behind them and not disrupt their lovey-dovey moments. Hyoyi felt like they were a couple, and who knows? Maybe they are... Which scared Hyoyi to death.

 

 What if Myungsoo forgets the deal and leaves Hyoyi's side?

 

 Sure, both will die... But Hyoyi didn't want to die in anger.

 

 Not that she was jealous or anything, she was just creeped out. The name Nam Hyoyi struck her ever since she heared the name at the present time. That name was something unforgettable about her terrible past life. One she would never forget even at the day she dies. So now I know why he saved me that day... For the first time, Hyoyi stayed positive. After being saved by a complete stranger who knew nothing about her and her reasons for suicide, she felt like she was needed - Accepted, cherished... Loved. She too, knew nothing about that man's thought while saving her, but now she knew...

 

 He saved me because he saw her image in me. Nothing more, nothing less...

 

 Hyoyi felt stupid for actually trying to believe on something, for actually thinking that her existence was important in this cruel world. Since after that, she tried to change. She tried to open her eyes to reality and become a very different person from what everyone knew. From "Ice Princess" to a normal teenage girl. But her view now changed - She wanted to stay the same until the end, being that cold and heartless person every person in her neighborhood knew. Since the reason for changing has left, anyway...

 

 But there was still one question that was running through Hyoyi's train of thought...

 

 Just what exactly is their relationship?

 


 

 Myungsoo hated the feeling he was now sharing with Hyoyi who was following them at their back. It was even worse than her usual, expressionless thoughts and feelings. Why can't she stay happy or amazed because she found out that she had a twin, or something like that? Myungsoo's face turned sour, but the bitter feeling in him was more sour than his current expression. He was figthing Hyoyi's feelings to show up because he didn't want to look depressed in front of Nam Hyoyi. In front of the girl he loved...

 

 Though the two haven't seen each other for so long (Since the incident between Hyoyi and him happened), he wasn't really that worried about her. He knew that his Hyoyi could take care of herself - She had quite the mature attitude, not like the Hyoyi he knew who lived with him after they died. And since because she was a "Noona", of course she could take care of herself. But what was worrying was getting rid of "Negative Hyoyi"'s feelings out of him. Shall I be even more happier?

 

 "Hey, you Hyoyi over there!" Myungsoo stopped for a while and turned around, talking to very depressed Hyoyi at the background. "Why so glum?" The optimistic Hyoyi asked, still with a grin. "Why can't you be more like my Hyo~?" Myungsoo chuckled and stared at Nam Hyoyi, which disgusted the ice princess even more than the current situation. You don't know her... She's a fake. Nam Hyoyi's not even her real name, don't you get it!? It's just a stupid play!!! Hyoyi's frown grew deeper, "Can I ask? What's your relationship with her?" "Our relationship?" Myungsoo pointed to himself then to Hyo's, "We're merely just a couple."

 

 Hyoyi's feedback? Total silence. 

 

 Couple? Screw that. "...What now?" Hyoyi pretended not to hear.

 

"Shocked right?" Myungsoo smiled. 

 

 "I told you! She's my girlfriend." 

 


 

 Once upon a time, in Woollim Middle School's Class 1-B, there were two very mysterious girls...

 

 Choi Hyorin, and Jung Hyoyi.