iv.

Half & Half

 

iv.

►Play


 

 Other than her whole life alone, there was this one person that Jung Hyoyi hated since the day of her childhood. He was a few years older than the girl. He had some cute features on him - Black hair, a short figure, a slim body, an attractive eyesmile and a killer smile. It wasn't that long when the two last met, but it was a long time ago when they were actually destined to meet... 

 

  "Hi~" He flashed her his widest grin ever joined with a small wave of hello. She remained quiet, making the atmosphere awkward. Woohyun flinched with the girl's stern gaze piercing into his very soul. "Uhm..." He scratched the back of his head, "I'm Nam Woohyun, nice to meet you~" He tried to sound as cheerful as ever to not make it look like he was scared of her, despite their age difference. "What's your name?"

 

 She kept quiet, and after a split-second, her expression changed. Her eyebrows furrowed a bit and she looked unimpressed, "Don't talk to me." She warned in a serious tone of voice, "I hate you." "Eh? But we've only met!" Woohyun pointed out. "No! Since you came here, you ruined my life! Where did you take my mother and father!?" The younger was about to cry when she asked. Woohyun felt a bit guilty, he did admit to himself that it was hard losing a beloved one. He felt pity for the little girl as she started sobbing; her watery eyes being covered by her hands. I-I... What now...? He was at loss for words. Woohyun sighed as he neared the wailing girl.

 

 "...Don't cry. It's going to be alright." He took the younger's hand and squeezed it tight. He didn't know what to do or how to calm her down, he was nervous from the start. "N-No." She hiccuped, "Who's going to... T-Take care of me?" She asked, followed by another hiccup.

 

 "I will, don't worry... Uh, what's your name again?" Woohyun scratched his head one more time in embarrasment for it was his first time holding a girl's hand (Except for him mother's, that is).

 

 "I'm Hyoyi. Jung Hyoyi... S-So you will really do it?" She squeezed his hand, it felt like she never wanted to let it go for she realized that she wouldn't ever have another hand to hold on - Another person to comfort her with her struggles in life in that age of hers. "Of course, I won't ever let go of this hand." Woohyun smiled before Hyoyi's very eyes. 

 

 "Thanks." Hyoyi smiled as brightly as ever. 

 

  ...It was that dream again.

 


 

  Morning came earlier as from what Myungsoo had expected. The time he woke up, the rays of the morning sun greeted his droopy eyes that were escaping from the open window. It ruined his deep slumber, and he hated it. He tried getting back to sleep but he failed, and instead, he tried to stay awake. And what kept him awake? The light breathes of Hyoyi who was sleeping right beside him. His eyes were round as ever the time he saw her beside him. How...!? Ah, yes! Myungsoo now remembered why he ended up sleeping on his bed 'till morning. He decided to sleep in the room since he was inside it already, anyway. What bothered him was the fact that he was sleeping with a girl.

 

 His cheeks were tinted pink at how close their faces were with each other. Their noses were just a few inches away, especially their lips. Myungsoo was really nervous at that point of time that his heart was beating faster than it's normal rhythm. Aish! She might be feeling it, too! Myungsoo mentally face-palmed himself. Though it was very embarrassing to begin with, he kept calm and tried not to move for a bit. 

 

 Myungsoo kept on staring at Hyoyi's face for a few minutes now. He noticed that Hyoyi was having bad dreams due to her facial expressions. Her eyebrows were getting crinkled and she wore a frown. Myungsoo watched her very closely as possible. ...It's fine if you're feeling scared. Myungsoo's eyes squinted and he held her hands and tightly grasped it. With his free hand, he brushed off some hair from her face and grinned. 

 


 

 It was confusing - The lingering sensation in Hyoyi's stomach. For a moment, her heart kept on beating faster and faster. But it was just at a steady pace in the start! Due to this, her eyebrows furrowed while she kept on sleeping. It was a weird feeling since she was new to it. She couldn't understand why she felt bashful and all when her dreams were about her tragic past. Of course she's supposed to be sad! But she ended up feeling all tingly inside.

 

 It was hard for her to adapt. It was difficult to realize. Could it be...

 

 Love? Like? 

 

 Whatever it was, she wasn't satisfied. It was hard for the ice princess to cooperate with her newly discovered feeling... And she hated it, of course. But what kept her calm was that warm and consoling feeling in her hand. Though the hand that was touching her was cold, their body temperatures were still being shared, resulting it to be so warm and heated. It wasn't a first for her, in fact, she felt it before - With the person she now hated so much. It was bringing her bad memories. As much as she wanted to take that hand off of her, she didn't complain. She needed it.

 

 Could it be... That the man who destroyed her life was just beside her?

 

 The person who completely changed her life and warped it at 180 degress?

 

 Nam Woohyun, are you there? 

 

 Hyoyi finally woke up from what felt like the longest slumber of her life. She batted her eyes for a few times to set her to face reality. It was true - There really was some sort of comforting feeling on her hand. She glanced at her hand and saw another hand entangled with hers. It surprised her; is it a ghost or what? Or is it... Kim Myungsoo. Hyoyi looked at her front and saw the boy who was wide awake and kicking. He was surprised as well as her. Uh-oh... Myungsoo didn't expect that Hyoyi would wake up at that point of time. Hyoyi was about to scream from shock, but she held it in and instead, she got her hand out of his, sat up and got a pillow. Myungsoo knew what was going to happen... But he wasn't prepared for her sudden attack.

 

 He sat up and tried defending himself by using his sturdy hands as a shield. But it was too late to protect himself. Hyoyi smacked him hard. with a pillow, specifically, on his wonderful and handsome face. Though it was just a pillow, it's one strike that could actually kill. He even nearly fell from the bed. That would probably leave a mark. 

 

 "Ow!!!" He massaged the spot where Hyoyi hit him. Yep, it did leave a mark. "That hurts! Why'd you do that!?" He sat up straight with a frown plastered on his face.

 

 Hyoyi wore a lopsided smile, "Well that's because - " She suddenly flinched, her whole body shook in pain. She held her cheek and massaged it, like what Myungsoo was doing. A reddish mark unexpectedly appeared on her cheek. "Ouch!!!" It hurt so bad that she wanted to cry. "What's with you!? You weren't... Even... Hit..." Myungsoo blinked at Hyoyi who was still trying to recover from the pain and kept on cursing. What happened to Myungsoo happened with Hyoyi, too. He realized something...

 

 It was like a backfire to the attacker. 

 

 "So even physical sensations..." Myungsoo mumbled. "What?" Hyoyi turned her attention at Myungsoo. "I said, we had been sharing everything we had." Despite Hyoyi could feel the pain and guilt Myungsoo was feeling too, she was still confused. She tilted her head, signaling Myungsoo that she didn't get his point. "Wait a minute..." He looked at Hyoyi and started tickling himself. He held in his laughter, but the room was still filled with laughter. Not his, but Hyoyi's.

 

 "What the heck!?" She kept on laughing like an idiot, "M-M-Make it stop!" Her eyes were getting teary, but her vision of Myungsoo tickling himself and choking, due to holding in his laughter, was still so clear. Now she got what he was trying to point out all along. 

 

 Just how much do they share!?