iii.

Half & Half

 

iii.

►Play


 

 Hyoyi had dozens of reasons why she wanted to die early. She tried countless of times to end her life. It was successful, yet, it seemed that fate was messing with her around. It didn't make sense for her why she would be given another chance to live again. Is it because it wasn't her time yet?

 

 There were a million of people the Earth doesn't need anymore, and one of them was her.

 

 Since her life was already useless enough and she never wanted it anyway, it made sense for her to just throw it away.

 

 Those are the things she thought while having intents of suicide.

 

 But this time, it was the other way around... Reality seemed to change her mind as soon as she crossed paths with it. She didn't want herself to die, but someone else - Kim Myungsoo. After finding out that he was close friends with Nam Woohyun, which she had some sort of "relationship" with, the more reason for him to deserve to die. Her once miserable life became more hateful since Myungsoo came into the scene. Is this one of his tricks? I never knew he was smart...

 


 

 Myungsoo was confused. Just from the looks of Hyoyi that she was making a little while ago, it gave him the feeling of Hyoyi actually knowing who Nam Woohyun really is. Not again. He felt another weird feeling in his gut. This time, it wasn't the same as the ones he felt before. It was tense; like a burning feeling around your stomach. He was having some sort of killing intent, it wasn't a new feeling for him. Just after noticing the expression Hyoyi was making just now, he finally realized what he was feeling all along - Hatred.

 

 Though he wasn't actually feeling hate at that point of time, he still felt it. It was really intense, one you can't stop flowing from your body, especially that feeling wasn't actually his. "What about it?" He tried getting that weird aura out of his body, "Do you know Woohyun? Or you just fell in love at first sight?" He tried to snicker, but the one hurdling him was "his" hatred. "Shut up! I... Was just asking." Hyoyi cleared and tried to look rather normal. "Oh really? You were making a face back then." Myungsoo kept on talking, "Let me sleep!" Hyoyi tried pushing Myungsoo out of the room. The time Myungsoo was already out, she slammed the door shut, leaving Myungsoo dumbstruck in front of the door. He blinked a couple of times, "Hey! Let me in!" He tried knocking at the door, but he knew that it would just be useless.

 

 "Why should I!?" Hyoyi shouted from the other end of the door, "Because this is my house, that's my room, and that's my bed!" He shouted as loud as he could, "You could just sleep downstairs!" Hyoyi kept on ranting. "Remember that we couldn't get separated!"

 

 "I know!" Hyoyi popped her head outside the door, "But the living room is not that far away~ It's just like a few inches far." She informed.

 

 "No! It's still too far away - "

 

 Before Myungsoo could actually finish his sentence, Hyoyi cut him off by closing the door. "Just die!"

 


 

 Since the almighty Kim Myungsoo was shut out of his own room by a stranger, he decided to just sleep outside. He slept beside the door in a sitting position. At that time, he couldn't sleep... He can't even close his own eyes! He leaned his head at the wall and stared at the ceiling. The light struck his eyes, it did hurt because he was looking directly at it. He covered it with his hands; his new posture was making him look like he was troubled. Though he really was. Something was worrying him - The fact that there's a stanger (Morever, a girl) in the house, sleeping on his bed inside his room. Who wouldn't get overly self-consious about that? But having a girl wasn't the problem here, it was that girl's intentions. What if he actually fell asleep and Hyoyi would just come out of the room, holding a knife and stabbed him to death? Though there's still a problem with both of them dying, he still wouldn't let that happen. He didn't want to let his guard down and look weak, since he had more reasonable reasons to live again...

 

 For the two who wanted so much to live again, this trial was a survival game.

 

 It was a do or die thing. A struggle for life over death.

 

 But there was some sort of twist, one that when the other dies, the other person too, dies.

 

 True, it was unfair. They were sharing everything they had in life. Even death and after it. For Myungsoo, it was the most completely stupid idea. He didn't deserve to die with someone like Hyoyi. Never. At that time, something came in thought. He was planning something any person would think about if he/she was in a situation like this... I won't ever regret it even after I die. Myungsoo stood up from his spot and turned the golden knob of the door open as silently as possible. The door creaked a few times, but he only heared moans of the girl who was still in dreamland. It didn't wake her up? Good. As soon as the door was open wide enough for him to squeeze his whole body in, he entered the quiet and air-conditioned room. How jealous he was when the breeze of cold air struck his fine hairs. 

 

 In front of him was that certain girl he always described as "Weird". He never understood her, in fact, he never understood girls. Girls were confusing to begin with and since he was of the opposite gender, he would never get them. At first, Hyoyi would be all cold and harsh and a moment later, she was that kind of girl who likes to please people with her puppy eyes. He stared at the girl who was having a deep slumber. She was different from her usual self - She looked too innocent. Is she always like this whenever she sleeps? Anyway... Myungsoo got nearer the bed and reached for a pillow as quietly as he could; not even making a tiny bit of sound. 

 

 Fortunately, Hyoyi didn't wake up. Myungsoo held the pillow up high above his own head. He had this murderous intent flowing through him. His stare was very dark. It felt like it wasn't the real him for a second there. It's your fault for letting your guard down...! 

 

 What's this? Hyoyi thought while she was still in dreamland. She felt her stomach tighten and all. It was her everyday expression - Hate. It was too easy to recognize since she always felt like this. But I'm not mad or anything... She shifted her position to extract the feeling off of her.

 

 Just die! Myungsoo was about to hit the clueless girl with a pillow to suffocate her to death when... "Mm... Woohyun, go away!" Hyoyi mumbled in her sleep while making some kind of hand motions. "Ah..." Myungsoo murmured. He stopped his current actions as soon as those words escaped the sleeping girl's lips. Nam Woohyun - So she did know something him. It surprised Myungsoo to the point that his killer intents were vanished off of his thoughts. Now he knew why she acted so shocked and all when she heard of his name. Now I know... And this is also a hint about her life! This might get useful. But then, there's still one question running through my train of thought. 

 

 Nam Woohyun - Just who exactly is he in Hyoyi's life?

 

 Does he play a major role in it? What is his relationship with her?

 

 Not that he cared about Hyoyi or anything, he just never thought that his friend could even save his life.

 


 

 He gave up. Myungsoo realized that he wasn't the type of person to eventually kill someone in an instant without even fully knowing him or her. As much as he wanted to save his life, a life would even be spared, too (Though his life's depending in it). If I kill someone who might be an important person to Woohyun, he might get mad at me... Myungsoo threw the pillow away and thought things through as he sat at the end of the bed. I should probably ask Woohyun in secret... He glanced at Hyoyi who was still sleeping soundly. Just what is her plans? Is this one of her tricks to fool me? I'm not stupid. He got nearer the girl and he kept on staring at her sleeping state. At that moment, he looked like a ert, to be honest. He was like a love-strucked stalker.

 

  Just what are you keeping from me? He brushed off Hyoyi's hair which were covering half of her face and tucked it behind her pinkish ears. That Woohyun, just who is he to you? He smiled oh-so gently without Hyoyi even knowing it. Myungsoo admitted to himself that he was like this from the start. He would only show his gentle and romantic side when no one notices it. It felt weird for him since she probably would've waken up anytime now and Hyoyi might feel all tingly inside her (Just as what he was feeling right now) since he never showed it to any girl except if she was special. Well, she was; since he was depending his life on her, too.

 

 Nah~ I'll probably know it anyway. He kissed her forehead good night lightly.

 

 Since we are living as one.

 


 

Ayo guys~ Author here. I updated today since I won't be able to update on a Saturday because we are going off to somewhere without Wi-Fi :P Any who~ I hope you enjoy this chapter. I was a tad bit lazy since it's a school day~ So I'm sorry for any typos. I'll try to fix it later on.

I might be able to update on Friday, maybe. When will we be able to meet Woohyun, hmm? Enjoy~ (Oh! And I added fluff. :D) I also want to say sorry for the songs. They aren't Korean , rather, they're Japanese. Japanese songs kind of gets my vibe and it kinda fits the mood, so yeah~ 

-greasyinspirit