Future

YunBoA: Friendship and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yunho was on his way to drop off BoA’s paperworks she accidentally left at the office, as a favor. It didn’t matter to him that he had to do a little errand for her since he was already there, plus the fact that he’s passing by around her area going home.

His phone then started blaring off while he was at the intersection, a block away from her house. He didn’t bother answering since he’s almost near her driveway anyway. Although he did notice that BoA kept calling and somehow, he was getting rather worried. He drove a little faster so he can check up on her sooner.

He half jogged towards her front door. As soon as he got there and ringed the bell, the door swung open almost immediately, to see BoA  in the brink of tears, a child in her arms, wailing uncontrollably.

‘How dare you not answer your phone when I called!!! And didn’t I tell you to come sooner?!’ She screamed and sobbed, rocking her crying nephew in her arms in an attempt to console him, but failing altogether. She turned around and paced around the hall, not knowing what to do. Even forgetting the fact that she was still upset over Yunho when he ignored her calls. It was such a stunning sight coming from a woman who had always been cool on and off stage.

Well, minus this scene at her home, completely shut off from an outsider but him.

Yunho smiled as he closed the door quietly behind him. He walked towards the table and placed the paperworks over there, freeing his hands,  before approaching his bestfriend who already looked traumatized by the whole mess that happened beyond her control.

There were a bunch of toys scattered on the floor. Crayons splayed on the center table, the TV still on with Barney singing in the background. It was pure chaos.

‘W-what happened here?’

BoA shot him an ominous look and he can’t help but in his breath. She still has this strong force around her, enough to make him lose balance. This kind of effect she has on him was bewildering. But he knew exactly for what reason it has come to that.

He wouldn’t deny that.

‘Soonhwon oppa came here a few hours ago only to trick me into babysitting my nephew!’ She answered with booming voice that made the child cry even louder.

She panicked and cradled him awkwardly, her face starting to drain out of color.

‘H-hey…’

‘Okay… Kwon Sung Woo, stop crying now. Aunt BoA doesn’t like crying babies,’ she cooed in an attempt to calm down the baby boy without realizing that it only upsets the child even more. Struck by panic again, she paced around the living room in quick steps, left and right.

Yunho watched silently, somewhat enjoying the whole scene before him. This was different. It had a certain warming effect on him, as if a deja vu of a coming future for him — for them.

His face lit up and ignored the butterflies in his stomach. He walked stealthily behind her and BoA almost jerked when she felt his presence behind her without warning.

Helpless about the whole situation, she tried and gather herself back before she goes crazy. She turned around and came face to face with him. She didn’t expect that he was standing so close to her that his scent filled her senses. She could feel his boring gaze on her and despite her protest, she knew a blush was already coloring her cheeks.

‘Let me have him,’ he whispered as he extended his arm. His touch slightly brushed her skin and a ringing sound went off in her head. It was the most agonizing 5 second of her life for some reason.

As soon as her nephew was out of her arms, she limped her way towards the couch and fell there. Her energy ran out and all motor function seemed to have halted. She instead drifted her gaze on Yunho as he bent his knees to get one of toys on the floor. He lifted his hand and showed it to Sung Woo.

It amazed her that the child immediately stopped crying and even showed a smile towards her bestfriend after handing him the ball. Although he admired Yunho for achieving this feat so quickly, to herself, she had a sudden sinking feeling. She started to shrink on her seat after realizing just how incapable she was in this kind of situation. What she couldn’t accomplish in the three hours she’s been with Sung Woo, he was able to do in three seconds.

‘I hate you,’ she breathed as she clenched her fists tightly, determined to throw a punch or two in his direction given a chance.

Yunho smiled despite himself and walked towards her to sit right next to her. She glared at him in the hopes that he would flee her side. Yunho merely pointed his finger towards the child.

‘I can’t move around too much. It might upset him,’ he reasoned out. She grunted in response understanding his point even if it was something against her will.

‘How did you even know that giving him that toy would make him stop crying?’ BoA asked curiously when she couldn’t take her companion’s silence.

‘Well, I noticed that whenever you walk near it, his expression changes. As soon as you walk away, he starts crying again.’

BoA’s eyes widened in disbelief. ‘That’s it?!’

‘I’m actually even more surprised you never noticed…’

‘I seriously hate you.’

Yunho beamed at her before he shifted his attention back to Sung Woo and played with him a little bit more until all of a sudden, the three of them seated on the couch, the child in his arm and BoA by his side. Strangely enough, all three started watching the Barney show as well. Something quite unexpected from the two super stars, plus a baby under one roof, in their private time together.

He saw her smile silently from the corner of his eyes. She run her fingers along her dark brown hair as she shifted her body on the seat. Their arms brushed ever so slightly and he closed his eyes because of this soaring feeling in his heart, he can’t begin to explain.

He felt her move again and this time, she was leaning closer his way, her eyes focused on him.

‘Wow Yundol, look at Sung Woo slee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter