Breakfast

YunBoA: Friendship and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BoA popped her eyes open and bolted right up. ‘ !’ She chanted away as she looked around, finally noticing the ray of sunlight seeping out from the windows.

It wasn’t her favorite blanket, nor her comfortable bed. Thankfully somehow, she’s still wearing her own clothes. ‘Well at least that’s one sign I didn’t get myself into an awkward situation last night.’

BoA wasn’t aware of her peculiar drinking habits until Yeonhee mentioned it in passing one time. Apparently when she’s totally drunk, she gets real hot. When she’s feeling hot, she gets really irritated. And because she didn’t want to ruin her precious (and limited) time with her drinking buddies by being in a foul mood, she would fix the problem by stripping her clothes off, cooling her body at the same time.

She remembered how shocked she was when she learned about this, that for a certain period of time, she totally strayed away from any alcoholic drinks.

But last night was different and she had a legit reason to celebrate. It was her bestfriend’s birthday. How can she not celebrate it as she did for the past 10 years, right? That would just feel weird. And totally wrong.

Missing each other’s birthday celebration was as good as saying they’re ending their friendship. A form of betrayal. Luckily, that point never even came close in all those years they’ve been together. She realized that their relationship is–

Her thoughts was suddenly interrupted by a soft rustling on her side.

‘Are you finally awake?’ His sluggish voice floated in the air. It sounded so close. Too close. Finally drifting her gaze towards her right, she saw Yunho sitting up, rubbing his sleepy eyes. His hair was sticking out in all this weird directions and if she’s gonna look closely, she could slightly see a tiny drool at the side of his mouth he unconsciously wiped away before BoA could point it out.

‘But that’s the least of my concern,’ she mumbled and threw an unsuspecting punch towards Yunho’s arm.

‘What the heck was that for?!’ Yunho scowled, now fully awake. He rubbed the sore spot delicately.

‘That’s for sleeping on my bed when you should’ve stayed somewhere else instead!’

Yunho stared at her incredulously. For a second, he couldn’t bring himself to respond. Then again, the accusation was so ridiculous that an immediate retort started materializing in his mouth before he could stop himself.

‘First of all, this is not your bed. Second, I don’t think it is quite respectful for a guest to suddenly throw punches at the innocent host and lastly, I’m not the one who freakin’ crawled on an occupied bed without a consent,’ he closed his eyes for a dramatic pause. ‘You did.’

And with that, BoA lost the argument altogether. He wasn’t even trying, really.

Yet, her stubborn streak wouldn’t let her back down just yet.

‘Excuse me, mister, but I don’t recall such act from last night.’

‘Exactly,’ he sighed as he scratched his head in annoyance. Because you were too drunk to care, he added mentally. ‘I wasn’t feeling good last night so I retired early to bed while you continued to drown yourself with alcohol. Changmin did promised me to drop you off at your house though,’ he went on explaining. ‘But barely 30 minutes after, he came to my room and complained that you knocked out. But you know what, that’s totally okay. Anyway, you were fast asleep on the couch and we didn’t want to bother a violent, drunk person so we let you rest there uninterrupted.’

BoA listened intently and tried to remember vague scenes from her mind that somewhat matched what Yunho was saying right now. She was getting anxious, knowing full well that she’s blaming an innocent man. It was frustrating.

‘And I thought I was getting a decent sleep until it was 3 in the morning and I found you climbing up my bed uninvited!’ BoA’s face started to feel hot and her skin began to prick. ‘Of course it felt wrong to stay on the same bed with you so I intended to switch places but you… you…!’

Yunho let out another deep sigh and climbed out of the bed towards the door. How am I supposed to tell her that with her amazon strength, she grabbed my arm and pulled a spooning hug on me?! More than getting her embarrassed, I think I am more embarrassed…

The expression on Yunho’s face was unreadable. ‘Anyway, stay comfy, whatever. I’ll just go and cook us some breakfast.’ And with that, Yunho left the room without another word.

Finally alone, BoA collapsed on the bed and pulled the blanket over her head in pure embarrassment.

She knew exactly the bit of information Yunho purposely left out just before he went outside. She figured it was his own way of saving her remaining pride. Actually, because of her pride, she couldn’t — wouldn’t — bring herself to acknowledge that special display of affection she pulled last night.

‘Stupid stupid stupid stupid BoA!’ She screeched helplessly under the covers. ‘Why do I always end up in all these awkward situations with him, of all people! This is not okay and this definitely should stop!’ She went on tragically, wagging her feet against the bed in frustration. She moved like she was suffocating, gasping for air until she stopped abruptly.

‘But then… I mean… Maybe I don’t quite regret my actions from last night…’ She pondered, completely still. ‘I admit I’ve always had this impulsive bouts of wanting to be near him. To just jump right at him and hug him from behind or something,’ she continued with a blush. She her side and had a series of thoughts again. ‘I just didn’t have the courage to do so because… Oh you know, because of this stupid pride, you stupid stupid stupid BoA…’

Watching from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter